1/1

the sky is blue

 

The sky was blue and the birds were chirping. It was a beautiful day. Junhyung held my hand and e swung it to-and-fro in a cheerful manner. It was like our normal Saturday routine, except this time, both of us had sparkling rings on our hands. Yes, this Saturday morning, I was with my husband. He was beautiful, attracting attention from both male and female but he was mine.

 

Officially mine.

 

He smiled at the sky, his pearly white teeth reflecting the sun’s light. I smiled at the ground, kicking a small pebble sheepishly. He could make me blush at the smallest things.

 

“Seobie, today is the most beautiful day in my life.” Junhyung said, sitting me down on his lap at the park. It was quite empty today.

 

“Why is that?” I replied, “It’s always beautiful here.”

 

He laughed in response and kissed my neck, making me giggle.

 

“Let me explain then.” He said. “Look, the birds are in the sky.”

 

I laughed and said, “It’s spring, they’re always flying.”

 

“I’m not done explaining, Seobie.” He said, “And look, the sky is blue.”

 

I shook my head in his idiocy.

 

“But no matter if the birds are in the sky, or if the sky is blue.” He said, kissing my cheek. “All that matters is that I’m here with you.”

 

I blushed like a madman at his little rhyme, cursing myself for marrying such a sweet, romantic and handsome and poetic man.

 

“So, now you understand?” He told me.

 

I simply nodded, watching the birds as they went to their nests, the sky turn dark after the sky blue and watch my lover stay just as beautiful as before.

 

I broke the long day’s worth of silence. “But, Junhyung.”

 

He looked at me.

 

“I think… I think you’re the best thing that ever happened to me.”

 

“Why is that?” He said, imitating me from before.

 

“Because… Unlike the birds in the sky… and unlike the sky that’s blue…” I began, “You… You’ll always be you.”

 

He smiled fondly at me and pecked my lips.

 

“I love you too.” He said. I smiled at the shooting star that shot across the sky.

 

I was happy.

 

I was happy to know that Junhyung would never change like the sky’s color. I was happy to know that Junhyung would never go away like the birds that were in the sky. But mostly, I was happy to know that I’d have this beautiful man in front of my eyes for the rest of my life and that he’d never disappear like a shooting star that is magnificent but you would only get a glimpse of.

 

And I loved him.

 

I loved him so, so, so much.