;XIX.

To Daddy, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank goodness that at least the sky is mourning over the loss. Hyera’s cries echo through the cemetery, and this time, she can’t help but cry out her heart. Her legs give her out and she falls to the ground, the tears more bitter than anything ever felt in this world.

Chanyeol, whose heart is breaking for her kneels next to her and tries his best to hold her up, although his whole body shakes as well. He hurts, not only because of the pain she feels, but because of his own. This man is hurting when he sees her cry, and clutch her now late husband’s necklace close to her chest, in a try to feel him close to her.

“Woo Bin, oh my dear!” She cries out, her voice creaking, and the ground.

The sky turns grey, the clouds almost covering their pain from the sun. It’s not a sight a shiny celestial body should watch.

“Hyera-sshi, please.” Chanyeol pleads, trying to end her pain in some ways.

It’s impossible though. Her beloved is now dead, buried three meters underground.

Burying him was done as a favor to lieutenant Bang, so that every fallen soldier would meet in the afterlife. And thus, next to Woo Bin, there are his teammates, all of them mourned by the families.

Taehee’s heart is totally broken, so she can’t be too sure what to feel anymore. Her pain is nothing, compared to Hyera’s. She’s lost her brother and husband too. While the one Taehee lost so many years ago was wearing the mask of her soul-mate, her other half. They matched in every aspect, but they weren’t bound by the law or even by blood.

Technically speaking, they were strangers. Strangers, who shared the same dreams and endless bonds.

Still, Taehee holds onto Hyera’s crying self, helping Chanyeol in lifting her from the ground. Her black dress is dirtied, but no one seems to notice.

“Come on, let’s go home and get you a tea.” The tall man says meaningfully, leading the woman away from her husband’s grave.

Lieutenant Bang stops right in front of the grave and Taehee remains behind, her excuse being that she plans to talk to him.

“Aren’t you coming?” Chanyeol asks with a frown, not wanting to leave her alone, not right now.

But he can’t split in two, one side attending Hyera, and the other standing by Taehee.

“No, I’ll come over to Hyera’s a bit later.” She says coldly and turns her back to her childhood friend.

Park Taehee is a strong, matured woman. She can’t afford to cry. Her crying would mock Hyera’s pain. What is her sufferance, compared to her friend’s?

“Hello. I am lieutenant Bang Yongguk, and I’ve come to officially pay my respects.” The man says with a raspy voice.

It matches his looks overall. He’s all fierce, military-looking. There is no warmth in his eye, only the loss of a brother.

Taehee steps aside, giving place for the man to pay his respects to his friend. Lieutenant Bang wears his military uniform, which is the exact same replica of the one Woo Bin has been buried in. She also watches the lieutenant glance over the picture, and take out a golden medal, placing it in front of the frame.

“You deserve this, my friend.” He then says, and it seems as if his voice has warmed up a bit. Just a tiny bit.

Lieutenant Bang then turns to Taehee and bows to her. She also nods and bides goodbye, not before taking the medal. She can’t afford for it to go missing, and besides, Hyera would love to have it around. Once her pain subdues, of course.

However, Taehee has other plans, not returning quite yet to the apartment.

She gets in her car and leaves the cemetery, headed for a certain district of Seoul’s, to meet a certain someone. The woman parks her car in the nearest lot and, noticing the rain beginning to fall, she takes out a black umbrella.

That day, everything is black at her. Her brown hair is long, wild and dyed black, her trench coat is black, her jeans are black, and her ankle boots are black. The newest accessory is the umbrella, wearing the same color.

To a stranger, she’d seem the Black Widow.

The people, who have been caught offhanded run around, in search for a shelter, while the cautious ones already have their umbrellas over their heads. Taehee heads to the crossroad, stopping by the nearest wall, in her search for him. She has no intention of crossing to the other side, but wait in the rain until her associate arrives.

Or he’s arrived already, but expects her to spot him first. Taehee rolls her eyes as she steps closer to the teenager leaned against a wall decorated with graffiti. He wears a brown hoodie, pulled over his head, both hands in his pockets, and him wearing a pair of holed jeans and converses.

She stops next to him, sharing her umbrella. At that, the boy flinches and looks up to the newcomer. He’s about to jump, like a rabid dog, but once he recognizes her, he calms down and almost smiles at her.

“Hello noona.” The boy says cheerfully, stepping closer to her, despite his shoulder is still getting wet.

He’s with twelve years younger than her, but still a bit taller than her. Not mentioning that Taehee wears heels.

“Hello Baekhyun.” She greets him back, standing sternly, and different from the woman he’s remembered.

“Wow, you did go through some changes, noona.” He admits with surprise, and then takes out a cigarette. “Got a lighter?” At the shake of her head – he knows she’s lying, since she wears the scent of nicotine carved in her clothes –, he takes out his.

“How have you been, Baekhyun-ah?” Taehee asks, and snatches the cigarette from the teen, before he can light it.

He begins to protest, but it dies out when he comes in contact with her gaze.

“More or less fine.” He then confesses with a shrug.

Baekhyun had grown up at the same orphanage as her, and during her stay, Taehee had always taken care of him. Until the mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter