;XII.

To Daddy, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June has knocked on their door with unbearable heat and undeniable romance. However, as much as it brought happiness to some, it’s going to gift an undeniable amount of sufferance to some other. June 22nd is the day which will bound two souls, although not by love.

Soft humming fills the apartment, and as Jongin is currently trying to arrange his necktie – and failing miserably –, when hearing her voice, he can’t help but smile. That boyish smile of his, so innocent and playful.

They’re currently getting ready to head to Sehun and Haeun’s wedding, and in a way, this day seals Jongin’s past and memories, the love he shared with Haeun. Guilt will no longer eat at him, guilt towards his old good friend. Sehun must be in love with Haeun, has been since the angel knows when, but he still kept on and dated her.

Now, Kim Jongin can face them both as a true man, with his lover by his side, and their child kicking strong.

Tiptoeing out of his room, with his tie undone, the man heads to the hallway, where the grand mirror is, and in front of it, his beloved Taehee pouting. He finds it funny, actually, the way she turns left and then right, checking her tummy and how she looks.

With a heavy sigh, the woman runs her fingers through hazel locks, unable to get used to her new body. In all honesty, her stomach should be just a bit bigger, since she’s soon going to step in the fifth month of pregnancy, but as her doctor, a charming Chinese guy who goes by Yixing, has told her, everything is all right. Given the fact that she’s young and it’s her first pregnancy, her abdominal muscles are still strong, the tissues not used to this growth yet. So, although her stomach might not show as it should, everything is fine with Jongmin.

Just as she opens her eyes, his alluring scent fills the air, wood and smoke with a bit of playfulness, big and manly hands resting on her stomach, his body melting against hers. Jongin rests his chin on top of her head while he looks at her intensely.

Taehee looks at him through the reflection, her two brown eyes never prettier. Her heart starts to beat faster, and in response, she feels his heart slam against his ribcage, the vibrations running over her back.

“You’re beautiful,” he whispers seductively into her ear, looking at her straight in the eye and kissing the lobe softly.

Knowing that her left ear is her sweet spot, and attacking her anyway, Taehee feels the shudders of his action, and digs her nails deep into his forearms. He’s been so playful since the other week, and honestly, Taehee can’t get enough of him. Looks like there is an inner big boy to Kim Jongin, the always so serious guy.

“But I haven’t said a thing.” She interjects, when finally getting back to herself. During those moments, when he surprises her by compliments and small presents, she feels the luckiest woman in the world.

Jongin chuckles, a sound rich and deep, manly and just like him. She is spellbound by him, everyday, all day. “I know, but you were thinking about it.”

At this remark, she a brow upwards. “About what?”

The man swiftly turns her around in his arms, and for a moment, walks his hands up and down her arms, creating friction against her skin. She wears a soft beige summer dress, which is tight under her chest but loose afterward, the upper part of it embroidered. Her brown kitten heels lie somewhere farther from them, but neither seem to care. Her hair is curled softly, and she wears a bit of BB Cream and mascara. She is beautiful in every aspect.

“Thinking about not being pretty enough.” And he’s right, she knows he’s right.

Taehee rarely doubts herself, but when she does, Jongin will always be there, cheering on her, making her the godliest and most perfect being in his life.

She rolls her eyes, hating how well he can read her, and instead, does a quick check-up on him. His white dress shirt is not tucked in his black trousers, so she does that instead. His dark brown tie lies loosely around his neck, so she blows out air in frustration and pulls up his collar, so she can do it herself. Jongin can’t help but smile. He’s always wanted to play this game of business husband and housewife, and doing it with Taehee seems more than natural.

“What’s with that cheeky smile?” Taehee asks with narrowed eyes.

“You’re beautiful, my lady,” he replies, and gently pecks her nose. “Go finish up, and if you’re quick enough, tonight I’ll tell you something important.” With that, Jongin smiles at her sweetly and jogs off to find a pair of socks.

And Taehee, well, she’s left to roll her eyes.

The couple drives to the church, where they would meet up with Hyera and Inhye. And hopefully, Jongin could get in touch with some old friends of his as well. Jongin parks in the lot and hops out of his car, hurrying to Taehee’s side to help her out. But when noticing she sits inside, obviously worried, he can’t help but kneel down and throw her a worried glance as well.

“What’s wrong, my lady?” He asks, with outmost sincerity.

Taehee simply shakes her head and goes to fidgeting with the strap of her purse. But her man won’t give it up so easily, so he continues to pester her until she answers.

“Is it… Is it really alright for me to come?” Her voice trembles in the slightest when she asks it, and she averts her eyes.

Jongin has to blink a couple of times, until he understands what she truly means. And instead, he holds her hands and helps her out of the car. He embraces her tightly, his arms protectively around the thin of her body. He rests his chin on top of her head, like he usually does.

“Your place is beside me. Never forget that.” He says meaningfully, and kisses her hair, inhaling her shampoo. Strawberries.

When pulling away from Taehee, her eyes are in tears, but he makes sure to wipe them away with his thumb, promising her that she has every right to come. She is his, and therefore, he is also hers. Together, they belong to one another.

And with that, Jongin locks his car and the two head to the church. As they pass by, Jongin notices Hyera’s car and Taehee does as well. The two walk up the stairs towards the church, Jongin carrying the small box he’s picked with Taehee as a congratulations gift.

The place is filled with people, and in a way, it makes Taehee feel uncertain. But when she feels Jongin’s warmth, as his hand holds hers, all doubts leave her body, making her affirm that indeed, this is her righteous position.

 People greet Jongin and look at her curiously. Jongin greets them back. At the entrance to the church, there are Sehun and Haeun’s parents chatting with some relatives. And, as expected, Jongin stops to greet all elders and also have a chat.

“Can’t believe this day finally came.” Mr. Oh says with nearly teary eyes, feeling proud to marry off his son.

“Oh, dear. Jongin-ah, thank you for coming.” M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter