The Shooting Star

Imagination Exploration

The Shooting Star

It’s a stormy night, and the sky’s painted in this dark midnight color that casts a heavy atmosphere that’s never been seen before. A girl, tired of how boring her life is, is overwhelmed by the desire to do something different for once. She gets a call from her best friend, who’s screaming in excitement about how her boyfriend just took her to one of the best dates ever. The girl can’t help but realize that that what she’s missing: love. The weary girl gets up and goes outside to walk off her thoughts.

A boy, flickering through TV channels, finally shuts off the television when there’s nothing to watch, as if there was anything good to see in the first place, and takes a stroll outside. It’s past dusk, and so it’s not surprising when he sees that there’s nobody venturing around the streets but him. Barely a few hours ago, his parents had gotten into an argument with one another once again, and like any other day, his dad is off going who knows where, while his mother’s drowning in sleep. He wonders if there really is a true existence of love, an emotion nothing like what his parents share.

The two strangers stare into the depths of the above, observing the same sky, same town, but different places. And in that same moment their eyes widen when they catch a twinkling light flashing across their eyes. A shooting star.

The girl gasps. The boy blinks. They both close their eyes.

"I wish for true love."
"I wish for true love."

 

Two people. One shooting star. The same wish.

Will their paths connect? Will both their wishes come true?

 

 

 

 

(that my friend is up to you ;))