Goodbye

I Don't Like Bad Boys

 

The whole week was a dread as I wait for verdict from the principal. I had prepared for the worst.

‘Miss Bae will be leaving soon to continue her study.’

That was what the school announced to all the students. I feel cheated and victimized, but life goes on, and so do I. My last day was as common as it could be. I couldn’t really say goodbye to my students  because of the rumors between Seunghoon and I, so my last day at school ended just like that.

Speaking of Seunghoon, I’ve never seen him since that day, since his father came to school. He wouldn’t answer my calls and there’s just no way I could contact him again. I’m not giving up yet. I will definitely find him and change his mind about giving up his dream.

 

I’ve seen farewell parties being thrown for teachers who are leaving or retiring, but I guess I am a special case. They all simply wished me well and apologized that it was such a short notice that they couldn’t prepare anything for me. Certain teachers gave me the doubt that they meant what they said, but I pushed that all behind. I also promised to keep in touch with some whom I’ve grown really close to. I’m jobless right now and I have to think what I should be doing for the moment.

“Teacher!”

I turn around and see a few students, three of them to be exact running towards me as I walk towards the main gate after school ends.

“Sanghyuk!” It makes me happy to see them. There is Sanghyuk, Seunghoon’s best friend, and then Minah and Sooyoung, the two chatterbox in my class who often got scolded by me. They hand me a paper bag which contains random snacks: puddings, chocolates, cheese sticks.

“We don’t have money, so that’s all we can get for ypur farewell gift,” Minah pouts and Sooyoung nods in agreement.

“Teacher, are you really going away? Ah, other teachers wouldn’t be so nice to me,” Sanghyuk sighs. Now he knows, this little troublemaker.

“Yeah, I am. Be a good student. Your graduation won’t be that far away.”

“Ah, don’t remind us!” Sooyoung whines, which makes me laugh. I’m so glad they come to say goodbye personally.

“Thank you very much, guys. I’ll remember this always.”

“Teacher, we’re going to miss you…” Minah says, tears b in her eyes.

“Aw, don’t cry,” I open my arms and give her a hug, and then Sooyoung too. Sanghyuk comes forwards with a  mischievous grin so I give him a pinch on his cheek instead.

“Teacher, since we’re really nice to you, why don’t you treat us dinner tonight?” Sanghyuk suggests with a grin, which earns him a dirty look from me.

“You idiot! Teacher will be going on a date with her boyfriend tonight! What do you know?” Sooyoung scolds him.

“I’ll definitely treat you guys to dinner later. Thank you very much, guys. I’ll miss you guys too. Let’s keep in touch, okay?”

They all nods, and then we wave goodbye to each other.

Everything finally sinks in. But nothing is over yet.

 

-

 

7.00 p.m.

Jungwoo, Heejin, and her boyfriend had been waiting for me in a Korean restaurant. They said they wanted to treat me to dinner. They also asked me to bring my boyfriend. I really look forward for dinner tonight, not because it’s free, but because the thought that they’re trying to concole me with a warm dinner makes me feel happy already.

“Hi, guys.” I come in with Intae by my side. He places his hand on my shoulder as we walk in. The look on Heejin’s face is hilarious. She always has the most hilarious, over the top reaction.

“Meet my boyfriend, Jang Intae,” I tell her.

“That’s Intae?” Heejin turns to her boyfriend, “That’s Intae?”

“Hi, Heejin,” Intae smiles casually and waves at her as we take our seat across them.

“Oh my god... When did Intae gets so hot? Yoonyul did you give sme kind of makeover or anything?”

Everyone laugh at Heejin’s comment.

“This is who he really is, Heejin.” I tell her.

Heejin lets out a defeated sigh. “Now I know why you’re into good boys. Because they’re actually a real hottie at night, isn’t it?”

“Well, that’s not... too far from the truth...”

Heejin then turns to Jungwoo, “Are you secretly like that too?”

Jungwoo shakes his head and smiles bashfully. “Oh, no. I’m just, you know, like this...”

“Ah,” Heejin sighs again, “what surprises me more is the act that you two are together. I shouldnt have given so much hope to Jungwoo.”

“Oh? That’s too bad though. She’s mine now,” Intae suddenly chips in. Uh, did he just being a tiny bit posessive just now? I am a little embarrassed, but I also feel some sort of bubbly excitement inside.

Jungwoo looks a little alarmed and shakes his head. “Oh, no. I kind of can tell that Yoonyul has a boyfriend already.”

The dinner is casual with a  lighhearted amosphere. The food are great, the people are too. We chat a lot of things, and none of it has anything to do with school. It is much easier to gain strength and move on with all these wonderful people around, but the fact that I have so many people with me reminds me of Seunghoon. Who does he have?

“So, what is your plan now, Yoonyul?” Jungwoo asks.

“Well, I haven’t think of anything yet. But first and foremost...” I look at Intae, “I want to find Seunghoon.”

Intae doesn’t react much, but the way he looks at me with such confidence in his eyes, it’s like he is telling me to go for it.

 

 

 

Seunghoon walks into the club, his eyes wildly scans within the crowd. From face to face, he finally found the person he is looking for. Fire burns inside of him as he walks towards the certain youth, already intoxicated and dances like he owns the world. Seunghoon grabs his collar, almost snapping the boy sober, but he laughs as soon as he sees Seunghoon.

“Hey, friend... Long time no see,” Hajin laughs.

“You did it, didn’t you?” Seunghoon’s voice low and dangerous.

“Did what?”

Seugnhoon gives him a firm shake. Hajin is shaken for a moment before he laughs again.

“Ah... That? Are you talking about your beloved teacher girlfriend? I don’t know... Maybe, haha...”

“Tell me!”

“What if I did? You do know that I’m the son of your father’s important client, do you?”

“Did you... Or did you not?”

Hajin smirks, “I should have taken better pictures.”

Seunghoon’s jaw hardens.

 

 

 

[A/N] This chapter is super short, I'm sorry but it feels right to end it there. Only final chapter left!