| Expected rivals.

A Fortune-Teller's Misdeeds

Yesung was displeased, very much so. His clients one by one walk out of the tent with uncertainty and fear in their chest, their trusted fortune-teller was making them all uneasy.

His frown is nearly permanent on his face the entire day, and it isn’t lifted when he walks home either. He scans his apartment and sees Kyuhyun isn’t home, he reaches for his cell and calls him.

“Where are you?”

“Drinking!”

Yesung narrows his eyes, "I figured you were, but where?" Yesung then crosses his arms and asked a bit lowly, “With who?”

“My new co-workers, I think we’re finally getting along.”

Yesung thinned his lips, “Oh how great.”

Kyuhyun’s tispy enough that he believes Yesung’s thinly veiled sarcasm. “Isn’t it?” He asks brightly.

Yesung glares at the clock, it was not even ten. He grabs his keys and heads out, “I’m picking you up before you pass out.”

“Who says I’m passing on?!”

“Stop drinking!” Yesung orders but it’s met with fruitless no’s on the other side of the call. By the time he reaches the bar, Yesung goes inside and apologizes to the co-workers as he helps Kyuhyun upright and into his car.

Yesung slams his own door close as he enters the driver’s seat, while his keys are in the ignition, he doesn’t drive off yet. His stern eyes focused on the road ahead when they sharply face the drunk man who struggled to keep his eyes open.

Yesung leered, “You promise you’re never drinking again?”

“...No,” Kyuhyun protested.

Yesung glares, “Must you drink to get along with your co-workers? Why can’t you just be professional, you don’t even have to be nice to them.”

“But I like making new friends.”

“Make them elsewhere,” Yesung counters at the other’s innocent desire.

It takes all of him, really, not to say the thing he wanted to say. Not to mention the first thought he gets when Kyuhyun mentions the night before that he was heading out with the staff from his new job. A thought that sinks a little too deep into him.

He won’t mention that Kyuhyun stirs the heart of a certain co-worker, one who was planning on using the excuse of drinking to confess to Kyuhyun today.

Unfortunately, Yesung cannot look into the past and doesn't know if it happened yet. He faces Kyuhyun. “Did anyone say anything to you?” Yesung asks straightforwardly.

“Me?” Kyuhyun asks.

“Of course you.”

“Nope!”

Yesung side-eyes, “Fine, I’ll believe you.” He sighs as Kyuhyun squirms in his seat. Yesung bit his cheek, “You know you’ll always like me, right? No one else?”

“If you say that, it must be true then.” Kyuhyun agrees without much fuss.

Yesung’s frown deepens when he sees the co-workers walk out of the bar, and his eyes set on one man.

“But it doesn’t mean I have to like it if someone else likes you, understand?” Yesung mutters.

Kyuhyun sleepily nods, but then faces Yesung again with a question forming on the tip of his tongue. Yesung blinks as he waits for the other to finally ask it.

“But it’s okay if I like being with you, right?” Kyuhyun poses.

Yesung gives a blank stare at Kyuhyun who’s barely able to open his eyes. For the first time that whole day, the fortune teller threatens to smile. “Of course.”

Kyuhyun nods to that answer and falls rightly to sleep. Yesung doesn’t even mind lugging him all the way to their apartment, his mood notably chipper.

That’s until he reaches the elevator and realizes just how heavy Kyuhyun’s gotten. He didn’t need to see the future to tell that that night was going to be a long one.

-