Adams

Sincerely Yours, Genevieve

London, 2010.

 

Hmm... A bit grainy.

I looked down into my coffee cup after taking a sip and frowned. There were little pieces of grounds floating around. A lot of them too.

I yelled over my shoulder at the blustering office behind me, "Hey, who let Jensen make the coffee again?"

A couple of snickers circled around me as Jensen yelled back, "Ay! I resent that!"

"Yeh, well it tastes like piss!"

More laughter rang out.

"Piss?!" one guy voiced next to me.

"Piss with ink," I continued.

We all had a good laugh, minus Jensen of course, who sulked down in his seat.

"Well, see if I think of you all ever again."

Our laughter continued, ignoring Jensen's pouting. Only my laughter was interrupted as the chief leaned out his door.

"Adams," he called out from the doorway.

"Yeah yeah," I muttered, getting up from my chair, my swell mood already fading.

I closed the chief's door behind me, turning to see him sitting on the edge of his desk, a thin manila folder set down next to him. His fingers drummed on top of it, as if he was still making the decision of who to give it to.

"Hey George, what do you have for me?" I asked, nodding at the folder.

"I told you not to speak so familiarly with me," he muttered under his breath before continued, "I eh, got something interesting from Berlin. Thought you might want to take it up."

"Oo," I said dryly, "A case just for me?"

He stared at me for a few moments before speaking, "Anyway, it's a doozy. I'm sure you'll have fun with it." He winked at me with that before handing me the folder.

"Thanks chief, I won't let you down," I said, saluting him and taking the folder before turning to leave his office.

"Oh, and Adams?"

I was already halfway out the door when he called out again. I peeked around from the corner I had turned around.

"Yes sir?"

"Don't get too carried away."

I smirked.

"Can't promise you that, chief."

 


 

Hello all, I'm Deea.

We hope you like our story~!