A Boy In Love

A Boy In Love

(Inspired by : Kiss For You - Kis-My-Ft2)

 

Sungyeol believe that when he met eyes with Myungsoo then he will start blushing, then followed with his heart began to beat faster than normal, and then he would turn his face shyly like a girl in love. Sungyeol nearly slammed his book at the thought of how he was like a girl in love. He is a he, a boy, a man, for the sake of all that is holy.

But it's not his fault if he behaves like that. Anyone who is staring intently by Myungsoo will definitely behaving weird like Sungyeol even though actually he wants to walk to Myungsoo, pulling his thick scarf around his neck that Myungsoo always wear that cover up to the end of the male's nose leaves a pair of attractive eye that always follow Sungyeol's movement even the smallest move that Sungyeol do and then he will... Sungyeol stops his fantasy. He may not think to kiss Kim Myungsoo. Sungyeol slammed his book because of his frustration.

It's just because Myungsoo looked at him like a puppy asking addressed, and caressed, totally like a lost puppy. And eyes that always seemed to shout 'I love you' to him, that looks like a signpost for Sungyeol with neon lights that are twinkling in Myungsoo's eyes. Sungyeol just want to be .. normal. Fell in love with someone (with a girl) in which they both would sit in love with the sea and a pair of canoe paddles (?).

Sungyeol encouraged him to turn around toward where Myungsoo's located. The man was reading a book instead stared at Sungyeol but when Sungyeol turned around, he lifted his eyes again to stare in the direction of Sungyeol. Myungsoo blinked his eyes, and then smiled brightly at Sungyeol.

Meanwhile Sungyeol stunned when he saw that Myungsoo didn't wear the thick scarf he always wore and then he saw Myungsoo smiled to him. Sungyeol face turned into a bright red and he turned around then bent under his desk. He covered his face with his left hand. People who see it will think that Sungyeol was behaving strangely. But the thought of these people will not be wrong at all. Because Sungyeol sure no one is going to have a nosebleed just because a smile. And Sungyeol felt so abnormal because of that.

 

*

 

"I.. I like you .. Be mine ..? "

Sungyeol felt normal at that time. Stammered and with blushed cheeks but he felt that he would be fine. He dared to look up and stare at a face that looks a little surprised at his question earlier. The face that then smiled at him.

"Sure, Sungyeol .."

Sungyeol smiled and could feel that he would be screaming happily. His gaze accidentally looked to the floor above. Where there is someone in the upstairs window was staring at him. The look  that gazed on him, Sungyeol can say that is a sad gaze. And Sungyeol felt something stuffed his throat. Somehow when their eyes met, he could feel the same sorrow.

A pair of hands around his waist makes Sungyeol distracted his gaze. With a little awkward, Sungyeol hugged back Taeyeon. The girl he liked on the campus and eventually he could express his feelings to her. Sungyeol raised his gaze back upstairs but there was no one. Sungyeol lowered his gaze back and somehow all the happiness had disappeared. He felt like he had to apologize and also feel very sad. Something strange, is not it?

 

*

 

His relationship with Taeyeon going very well. But not about his with Myungsoo. The other male was still followed him through his eyes. The look is now always feels sad. And Sungyeol still feel the same way if he felt Myungsoo looked at him. Cheeks are ready to blush, heartbeats will fastened, but also sadness and guilt.

He rushed away from Myungsoo and look for Taeyeon. The only thing that can bring back him to behaves normally.

 

*

 

"Hey .."

Sungyeol almost spilled his coffee cup because he turned hastily and almost felt his heart nearly jumped out of his body as he found Myungsoo was standing behind him.

"H-Hi .." Sungyeol replied with a stutter.

Myungsoo showed a small smile and then pulled the chair next to Sungyeol.

"Mind if I sit here?"

".. No. It's free .. "

Myungsoo hummed and pull out a thick book from his backpack. He start reading but now it's Sungyeol that can not tear his gaze from Myungsoo.

"Are there something to my face?" Myungsoo glanced to Sungyeol and he sputtered again.

"N-No .. It's fine .. "

Myungsoo let out a low chuckle and back to his book. Sungyeol trying to hang his attention to his own book too but seems like his eyes already distracted by Myungsoo's presence there.

Sungyeol glanced to Myungsoo through the corner of his eyes and wondered to myself how the other male's life. Sungyeol hit his head mentally. Of course the male would be fine. They never spoke more than exchanging greetings and Myungsoo never expressed his feelings to Sungyeol verbally but through his eyes, why now Sungyeol get so curious?

Are the other male already forget him? What if, if he find someone else ..? Sungyeol somehow feel anger to himself. So what if Myungsoo is no longer concerned with him or find someone else to watch?

The sound of the seat beside him surprised him. Sungyeol turned and saw Myungsoo's figure who has been away. Feelings of sadness hit him. Is it true that all he thinking about?

Sungyeol sighed and turned back to his book open on his desk. He turned toward the table where Myungsoo was and he almost rubbed his eyes to make sure that his vision was not wrong. There is a pink post-it stuck in the middle of the table where Myungsoo was located. Sungyeol looked around before taking that sticky note.

'Sorry. Just forgot that I have class rn.
Can we talk later? Text or call may be good :) '

And at the bottom of the message there's numbers that can be ascertained is Myungsoo's phone number.

Sungyeol let out a voice that sounds like a tired or embarassed 'Aaaah' before he laid his face on his book. He peeked to his right hand that still holding the sticky note Myungsoo's left him. His face could certainly have been completely flushed.

"Seriously, what should I doooooooo TT"

 

*

 

Sungyeol repeatedly looked into his cell phone and also the pink sticky note on his left hand. And when he was concentrating only on his mobile screen and his thumb already lifted, ready to touch his cell phone screen that says 'send' but he could sense he could not do it immediately. Sungyeol sighed and threw his body on his bed.

'Come on,' he thought, 'Just send that' Hi 'text! Just a simple text! 'His own tought scolded him.

Sungyeol peeked from the pillow that covering his face, and his hand holding up the phone. He pressed the cell phone screen and send the message as he closes his eyes. He lowered his right hand again and began to pray silently while waiting for the reply.

The cell phone beeped. Sungyeol jumped sat down on his bed and holding his cellphone with a trembling hand.

'1 New Message '

Sungyeol touch his cell phone screen and open a new incoming message.

'Who is this?'

Sungyeol mentally scolded himself. Of course, he did not write his name at his earlier message. And of course Myungsoo did not know it's him and maybe thinking that he's some prankster outside there.

'Uh. It's Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol. '

Sungyeol biting his lips. And the feeling of panic swept over him again. What if Myungsoo did not recognize his name? Oh God, he felt like a girl who is really worried that her crush did not recognize her name through just a simple text.

'Ooh .. Hi there, Sungyeol ~ '

Sungyeol restrain himself for not squealed because of Myungsoo's text. His hands were still shaking when typing a reply later. In his heart, he's thankful that Myungsoo left his number for him. Their conversation through the message can make Sungyeol seems to looks calm and not stumble down on his words.

Sungyeol smiled softly when his phone beeped again that means another text already on his inbox. If this is the only way he can face Myungsoo, talk with him comfortably and did not feeling any guilty or sad, he will do it.

 

*

 

"Sungyeol?"

"Hmm?"

Sungyeol was only half paying attention to what he said to Taeyeon because he's distracted. Myungsoo grumbling about something through a message he sent to Sungyeol and Sungyeol just want to laugh at him.

"Sungyeol?"

"Wait a minute .."

Sungyeol typing something quickly to Myungsoo and then turned his head to Taeyeon.

"Yes, babe?"

Taeyeon stare at him and sighed.

"Can we talk for a moment?"

His cell phone beeped again and Sungyeol almost turned his gaze away from Taeyeon.

"Just for a 5 minutes .. Please ..? "

Sungyeol looked at Taeyeon again and then realized something. How long has he does not think or care about the girl? Since he have text message conversation with Myungsoo, Sungyeol hardly just know anything about Myungsoo and just Myungsoo.

Maybe he and Taeyeon still see each other but always Sungyeol's attention glued to his phone screen and just mumble 'hmm', nodding his head or confused with what Taeyeon asked him but he didn't heard it.

"Uh .. Taeyeon, I.. "

"Just go get him, Sungyeol. Go gay .. "

"H-Huh??" Sungyeol stared to Taeyeon with open-mouthed.

"Ah, no, no .. I did not meant it as a mean insult or in harsh mean. It's just that Myungsoo guy obviously really like you and you too, liking him .. "

"T-Taeyeon .."

"It's okay, actually .." Taeyeon said, looking to Sungyeol, "Actually I did not thinking about you being my boyfriend. You are cute, Sungyeol. But I actually did not have any romatic feelings towards you. But do not say that I did not hurt a little because you ignore me for some days already.. " She pouted but in friendly manner.

Sungyeol could not say anything and just stared at Taeyeon in silence.

"Sungyeol? Still there? "

"Oh. Uh. Yeah. I just .. "

Taeyeon give him a smile and pats his left arm, "I give you permission to break up with me and chase him .." She said and winked to him.

Sungyeol could not help but laugh and then sigh.

"You are not going to hate me, right?"

"No.. Why? We can be a cool friends, Sungyeol .. "

Sungyeol hugs her and put his head on top of her head, "I'm sorry .."

"Do not be .." Taeyeon spoke softly, "It's good enough until you now realize your own feeling, Sungyeol .."

Sungyeol could feel that his face was flushed again.

"Get him. Do not let someone took him from you, Sungyeol .. "

 

*

 

Sungyeol took back his cell phone after letting Taeyeon came home and started to read then reply to messages Myungsoo when something flashed in his mind.

What if Myungsoo is not like him again? Though now they both already know almost everything about each other but in real life they are still the same with only little speaking like at first. They only talk through messages.

And again, what if Myungsoo have found someone else? Sungyeol remembered that Myungsoo often talking about someone else named Sungjong. And suddenly Sungyeol felt scared. He only knew that Sungjong is one of Myungsoo classmates through one of the text that Myungsoo sent him.

But what if when Sungyeol still oscillate, Myungsoo finally decided to like his classmates that his face was not even known to Sungyeol.

He did not know how long he was just thinking in his mind, but when he regained his consciousness, he only realized that he was crying in his dark room because he had not the light and the day had turned into night.

He just felt scared. Fearing that it was too late and maybe it is a punishment for him. During the time he dated Taeyeon, Myungsoo always watched him with sad eyes. Will he do the same thing when he saw Myungsoo with Sungjong? But can he see it? Maybe if he knew himself so well he would say that he would not be like Myungsoo. He will avoid to meet with Myungsoo.

"Oh my God. I'm hopeless .. "

 

*

 

Myungsoo wondered to himself why Sungyeol still not reply to his last message that five hours ago. Could it be he's busy? But the only thing that might make Sungyeol busy is Taeyeon. Myungsoo bitterly thought about it and sighed. Seriously he must get Sungyeol out from his mind and maybe searching for another love. But seems like he can not do it easily.

He saw his cell phone screen and cogitated. He actually felt a bit worried because Sungyeol never being so silent without any news. He goes to his contact and stare to Sungyeol's number.

They never talk on the phone before. He or Sungyeol actually never spoke again since they had separate conversations with the message.

Would Sungyeol pick up the phone? So what would he say? That he worried about him? Hmm .. Does not it would make Sungyeol freaking out again? Or did he just busy with his girlfriend?

Myungsoo bit his lower lip but dialed Sungyeol. He brought his cell phone to his ear and waited.

"H-Hello .."

Myungsoo's heart sank. He could hear the sobs there.

"Sungyeol?"

"M-Myungsoo?"

And Myungsoo could hear the sobbing went louder.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Myungsoooo .. * Hic * "

"Huh? Hey, seriously .. "

"I like you .. * Hic * I.. I really like you .. No ... * Hic hic * I.. I.. * Hic * I love you .. "

Myungsoo froze for a moment at Sungyeol words and Sungyeol still blabbering on the phone.

"But maybe it was not meant for you anymore. * Hid * I know that I was a fool. * Hic * But I like you. I just trying to not realize it. Trying to be a normal boy. Get a girlfriend and stuff like that. * Hic * But then since we talk through the text message, I can not denied my feeling again. * Hic * But maybe now you are already with someone else .. and I.. "

"What do you talking about?" Myungsoo cut Sungyeol's words.

"... That you are going out with Sungjong ..? "

Myungsoo want to laugh there. He can totally imagine out Sungyeol's expression. A totally lost and hopeless stare like a lost puppy.

"Who said that?"

"Myself ..?"

Myungsoo chuckled, "You really have such a too much imagination."

Silence between them.

"I want to see you .."

Sungyeol said it just like whispering. Like he is unsure about his own request. Myungsoo smiled softly.

"Sure, tell me where you are now .."

"Really? I'm at .. my apartment .. "

"Give me your address then .."

Listened to Sungyeol now whispery voice that told him his address.

"I'm sorry .." Sungyeol added.

"Shh .. It's okay .. And please do not cry again .. "

"Ugh .. I can not control it. I totally like a girl here .. "Myungsoo laugh at Sungyeol's whine.

"Be a good girl then and wait for me. I can not wipe your tears through our cell phones, you know .. "

Myungsoo chuckled again when Sungyeol muttered something again that him being a cocky bastard or something like that.

"Where are you? I can hear the town's sounds there .. "

"Just finished some class project at friend's house .."

"It's already late ..."

"I'll be there quickly .."

Myungsoo  did not hear Sungyeol's voice again but he can still hear his breath on the line there.

"Do you want to hang up and wait?"

"No. .." Sungyeol answered, "Just keep talking .."

"Alright, alright .. So .. what about Taeyeon? "

Silence.

"Uh. Wrong question? "

"No, actually no. She is the one that sent me out here to confess to you .. "

Myungsoo laughed softly and just try his best to not running and get Sungyeol quickly. They talked again for awhile and  Sungyeol  can felt that he's going better and better.

"Where are you now?" He asked Myungsoo through the phone.

"Just by passing one more traffic light and I'll be there .."

"Then let stops here. I'll waiting for you in the front door .. "

"Are you didn't scared?"

"Scared of what?"

"It's late and you would standing alone ~"

"Pabo. I'm a male .. "

Sungyeol can hear Myungsoo chuckling again. He smiled and opened his apartment door and standing outside beside his door.

"I can see you up there .."

"Just run here then .." Sungyeol suggested.

"Sure .."

And with that answer, the call ended. Sungyeol looking to his phone screen and then looking down to the floor. Waiting.

When he heard some footsteps that come closer to him, Sungyeol lifted his head and saw Myungsoo walking toward him.

"Myungsoo .."

Sungyeol hugs Myungsoo instantly when the other male finally standing in front of him.

"Hey, ssshh .. why you are crying again, sweet cheeks? "

Sungyeol laughed between his tears, "Oh, do not call me like that beside on the text .."

"So you are embarassed now?"

Sungyeol hit Myungsoo's arms and pouted, "Pabo .."

"Hey, look here .." Myungsoo spoke softly and held Sungyeol's face, he wiped tears Sungyeol.

"I can do it now. So do not cry again, okay? "

"I love you .."

Myungsoo smiled and leans in, whispered before Sungyeol's lips, "You already hold my heart .."

Their gazes met and with the smile on their lips, they kissed. Oh well, just for this guy, Sungyeol did not mind at all that he's gonna be like a girl in love. Or maybe the right sentences: He is a boy that in love. And he did not denied it.

 

 

I'll swear to you that always my heart will be by your side
With this heart I'm gonna hold your heart
Because I said so, I won't let you even a second time, to feel alone anymore
I just wanna be with you, that's right, forever
Please don't cry any more
I want you, that's right
Just believe this kiss I swear with, remember it in your heart

--- Kiss For U - Kis-My-Ft2

 

FIN