Chapter 1

Mr.and Mrs. Wu

 

You were currently making steak when you felt the cool breeze of the autumn wind. You shivered slightly while cutting the vegetables for the salad. *Did I open the window?* you thought before exiting the kitchen, checking the window. All of the living room windows were closed and you tilted your head in confusion when your sharp eyes noticed a small rustle behind the woolly curtains. You pretended that you didn’t see the small movement.

                                “Eh the windows are closed… the wind must have been my imagination.” You said out loud before reentering the kitchen.

                                You slightly looked back to see a clothed black figure slowly coming out from behind the curtains. The figure cautiously made movement towards your retreating back unknowing the fact that you were watching his every movement. You hummed as you reached your knife and tightly clenched it waiting for the intruder to make its first move.  The clothed black figure silently pulled out a gun and raised it up closely to your head. The gun clicked, showing that it was ready to fire and you froze immediately. You quickly raised the knife.

                                “Don’t move! Put the knife down, raise your hands above your head, and turn around slowly. You will scream or say a word or I will shoot you.” The person barked.

                                You silently followed his instructions with your head down. The person smirked as he thought he was in control of this situation. He pressed the gun closer to your forehead.

                                “Now your-“

                                You looked up at him with a smile but your eyes were murderous. He was taken aback by your gaze.  You quickly took advantage of your situation as you grabbed the hand that held the gun and quickly snapped it making him howl in pain and drop the gun.

                                “Rookie mistake.” You whispered before twisting his arm behind his back.

                                You kicked his groin making him fall to his knees in pain. You dropped his arm, grabbed his neck and swiftly turned it. There was a loud crack of bones breaking and the now lifeless body slumped to the ground.

                                “What a pity he could’ve been second in command if he was in our team.” You said with an almost sympathetic voice.

                                You looked at the kitchen clock that was hung near the entrance of the kitchen. 8:00 PM it read. *Oh I wonder if he ate dinner yet.* You thought before stepping over the still body in search of your phone. You found it on the tea table next to the sofa.

                                “Kris, Kris, Kris, Kris, Kris.” You happily hummed as you were calling your husband.

                                “Hi baby.” A husky deep voice resonated from the other line.

                                “Hi honey did you eat dinner yet?” You asked sweetly while shuffling towards the kitchen.

                                You almost tripped over the forgotten body that was lying on the kitchen floor and cutely pouted when you almost dropped the phone.

                                “Not yet.”

                                “Good because I made your favorite food. Come home soon.” You said in a strained voice as you did your best to remove the body and put it in a nearby closet with one hand.

                                “Okay and is everything alright over there?”

                                “Yeah, everything’s fine.” You replied when you successfully closed the closet door locking the body in there.

                                “Alright, I just ended work. I’ll come in about half an hour?”

                                “Okay see you later hon.” You said, ending the call.

                               You stretched and went back to the cutting board, humming your favorite tune while slicing the vegetables.