Kissing The Sun

The World Where You Exist

Since I met you, I liked you
The future that I want to protect
The time when you laugh, the world becomes so fun

- The World Where You Exist - SHINee

 



Myungsoo opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling. He blinked and wondering why he saw the ceiling that looks different than usual. And just a few moments later he realized that he was not in the room of his dorm. They had just arrived in Japan last night and he was just remembering how Sungyeol half dragged him to their hotel room.

Myungsoo sighed and turned away, he raised a little his body out of bed and looked at where the clock is and see it already almost lunch time. Myungsoo sighed slowly, he actually wants to sleep again but then his eyes fell on something on a bufet next to his bed. Camera. He recognizes the camera. His camera.

One thing is for sure that he remember, he did not pull out the camera out from his bag last night. So who do that certainly none other than Sungyeol. Myungsoo held out his left hand and reached for his camera, he changed his position to be sitting against the headboard of his bed while his lower body is still trapped under the covers.

Myungsoo the camera to see if there is something new that he missed when he was sleeping and Sungyeol playing with the camera. Of course, there are many new photographs he had not seen. Taken last night when he was far fallen asleep because the exhaustion. Myungsoo smiled and occasionally laughed a little to see many weird photographs taken by Sungyeol. Sunggyu who was asleep with his mouth open, Woohyun with a white face because wearing a night face cream, Hoya being asleep by wearing glasses, the inside of Dongwoo's mouth and Sungjong posing cutely before go to the bed.

And then his picture were he's asleep on his stomach and arm covering half of his face. Myungsoo stunned for a moment and then chuckling while shook his head. He changed his position to face the bed where Sungyeol is and want to take his photos when Myungsoo stops.

Sungyeol was sleeping with a shirt that looked too big in his body as usual, he faced Myungsoo while he was sleeping on his stomach and Sungyeol even sleeping with his mouth half open. But that's not what makes Myungsoo stunned. Their hotel is near the beach, in an area where they will take on the scene for their Japanese song's PV. And a large window near Sungyeol's bed that is also a door to the balcony looking left open and the ocean breeze blew in, blew the curtains and let the sun lights as much as it can into their room.

The sunlight illuminates apparently fall on Sungyeol and make him look like the sun, shining. Myungsoo lifted his camera and started taking photos, still in dazed state. He stared into the camera screen where the pictures are taken there.

"Obviously you are like a sun, Sungyeol. People that say you are useless or just a flower-wall actually blinds because of your bright lights and can't see you clearly.."

*

Everything that makes Sungyeol smile or laugh, makes Myungsoo smile and laugh too. He loved to see the other male smiling and laugh freely. Even though sometimes the other male laughing because he pranked him or the other members.

And this makes Myungsoo realized that he loves Sungyeol more than he thought. He always looking for Sungyeol, at Sungyeol. Just like he is a sunflower and Sungyeol simply the sun.

But then he realized something too. That the sun not only looking at him, the sun looking around and not focused for just one thing. And Myungsoo just wished that is one time where Sungyeol can look at him like he used to look at Sungyeol.

*

Another day of filming their PV and this time they moved to a place that quiet the opposite with yesterday's set. Yesterday was a beach, now they moved to a forest like and where a meadow is there too.

Before they start filming, Myungsoo walking around the meadow and then found a sunflower field nearby. He looking back and see that he still have some minutes to go. So he simply just walking to the sunflower field and sit there. Watching in quiet, like his usual attitude.

"What are you doing?"

Myungsoo looked up and his gaze meets with Sungyeol.

"What are you doing too?"

"Hey, answer mine first.." Sungyeol argued.

Myungsoo chuckling and just shrugged casually.

"Just looking at the sunflower.."

"Whoa, it's so many.. Already like a sunflower flood there.. "

"Beautiful isn't it? Look at the flower direction, all up to the sun, move to follow the sun's movement during the sun shining up there.." Myungsoo said but his gaze never leave Sungyeol's figure.

"I agree with you this time.." Sungyeol joked to Myungsoo and their gaze met again.

"Come on, they will search for us.." Sungyeol reach his right hand to Myungsoo, to make the other male stand up again.

"I wonder about something .."

"About what?" Sungyeol asked, tilting his head with his hand still outstretched toward Myungsoo.

"There's a tale about sun and sunflower .."

"I dont want to talk about tales again with you .."

"I was just thinking about how it feels to kiss the sun .."

And before Sungyeol could say anything, Myungsoo had pulled Sungyeol's hand that still outstretched toward him but not to help him get up but to make Sungyeol leaned in to him. And then, Myungsoo crashed their lips together. Not in a roughly manner, but Myungsoo did it all gentle.

And they remained like that for awhile until Myungsoo broke the kiss and Sungyeol just blinked at him. Confused about what already happened.

Myungsoo smiling and stand up, "Come on, they will search for us .." He walking away but Sungyeol still stay, still stunned. But actually his heartbeat slowly fastened and a faint pink blush on his cheeks appeared.

Sungyeol knows that Myungsoo always have an eye for him, and if the other male gazed at him and he looks at him too he always can see only his figure that reflected at the other male's eyes.

"Sungyeol!"

He looked up to the other male that already far enough from him. In his eyes, there only one figure to reflect now. Sungyeol placed a hand on his chest and trying to steadying his heartbeat again.

If only the other male knows that although the sun looking around and never focused, the sun makes the sunflower only look at him just because he know that they not have any chance to be together in the world where they are existed. Yes, the sun can not focused but at that time, he already have his favorite. The sunflower. Where the sun shining brightly and the sunflower always look up, where their loving gazes can be meet. And that's enough in the world where they existed.


"C-coming!"

And with that answer, Sungyeol run to the place where the other male stayed to waiting him, still with a gaze that never leave him.

 

 

The feeling that reached you
In your eyes,
I continued to reflect
-- The World Where You Exist - SHINee

 

FIN