Fairytale's Kiss

Fairytale's Kiss

So we met that day
You still had an innocent look left, I can not forget the side view of you
Since the day I met you I have not told you about my feelings
But today I will tell you how I feel in my heart
I want to keep looking at you
With all my love I send you Kiss

- Kiss Kiss Kiss - SHINee

 

 

 


Myungsoo is not a prince of a kingdom that is on an adventure and defeat the dragon to wake up the sleeping princess. He also was not riding a horse then happened to see seven dwarves that surrounded a 'death' snow princess. And moreover he was not looking for someone who fits the glass slipper left behind when the ball was held in the palace. No. And more importantly, he is NOT a prince. He was just an ordinary guy. Maybe a bit unordinary because he is also an entertainer. But otherwise, he was just a Kim Myungsoo.

 


And Sungyeol. He is also not a princess of a certain kingdom. (Myungsoo doubt that there was a princess who has more than 180 centimeters in height.)
He also does not hold the needle spun and accidentally pricked his finger and sleep like in coma over 1000 years old.  (Myungsoo doubt that when Sungyeol saw the needle loom he would know what it was, at best he will just actually play around with it. But Myungsoo in no doubt believe that there is a possibility where Sungyeol will accidentally pricked his finger with the needle, but Sungyeol would just be screaming and have bloody fingertips. It's not a big deal for Myungsoo.)
And also Sungyeol was not running away from a cruel stepmother, lived with seven dwarves, eating a poisoned apple and fell asleep in a glass coffin(Myungsoo REALLY doubt it, the most that would not to be happened. More likely what happened was that he and the other members had diarrhea since Sungyeol injected vinegar into the banana or maybe the rest of their food.)
Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol. Definitely NOT a princess. And more importantly, Sungyeol was also a male.

 


But even so, Myungsoo felt something for Sungyeol. And finally after he thought about it and have a trance for all day, he decided to look for something to confirmed the feeling.

 


*

 


Myungsoo spent the next fifteen minutes to find Sungyeol. He was looking into Sunggyu and Woohyun's room, but saw only their leader with main vocal there and Myungsoo was not interested in finding out what are both of them doing. He was searching again, this time to Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungjong's room. But he also did not find Sungyeol there. Myungsoo frowned and turned toward the kitchen. But again he did not find tall skinny but chubby Sungyeol there.

 


Myungsoo walked toward the living room. No. There also only Dongwoo to be seen. Myungsoo stands quietly and think. Dongwoo turned his head at him and just staring as if asking to himself why Myungsoo stood frowning in the middle of the room.

 


But then Myungsoo smiling brightly, of course, he has not found Sungyeol. He has not checked the rooms in which he occupied with Sungyeol and their manager. Myungsoo walked to his room and opened the door. According to his last guess, he finally finds Sungyeol there.

 


Sungyeol was sitting cross-legged in the middle of his bed and there is a book that seems pretty thick on his lap. Myungsoo walked into the room and closed the door behind him, he sat next to Sungyeol and slightly bent over, peering for the cover book that being read by Sungyeol.

 


"World's fairytale..?" Myungsoo asked in a tone that not believe in what he saw. He wondered who gave Sungyeol that book.

 


Sungyeol muttered quietly and Myungsoo caught the word 'fans', 'given' and 'read'. Myungsoo draw the conclusion that there's a fans who have given the book to Sungyeol and when the male get bored on their days off, he decided to read the book.

 


And Myungsoo quietly sighed, how could he find out his feelings for Sungyeol while the male was sitting there and reading seriously.

 


Myungsoo racked his brains, looking alternately between Sungyeol and the book. And then, an idea appeared in his head.

 


*

 


Sungyeol always felt that being around Myungsoo there are only two options, soothing or annoying. They often argued because of Myungsoo's mind that sometimes can not be guessed out. And also a similar situation is will be going on right now. Myungsoo bothered him to tell the 'truth' about those tales.

 


"Snow White was actually a vampire."

 


"Myungsoo, I'm not about to argue with you."

 


"Come on, Sungyeol, how could you believe that all fairy tales have a happy ending like that. And it is definitely that Snow White actually a vampire. "

 


"If she is a vampire, what happened to the prince then?"

 


"She married the prince and one night she killed her husband by drinking his blood to dry."

 


"Myungsoo, it did not make sense."

 


"Of course it makes sense, see how Snow White were described. Beautiful, white, with red lips. Moreover, she lived with her stepmother who is a witch. Of course the possibility she is a vampire already more than 50%. "

 


Sungyeol sighed and with a patience that somehow still exists in him, he flipped another page, decided not to continue reading the story of Snow White because Myungsoo chatter will not stop there because of it.

 


"Oh. The mermaid princess is also fake. "

 


"Myungsoo. It's just a book of fairy tales, for the sake of all that is holy.. "

 


"But you have to hear it, the mermaid actually a monster. She has the magic that makes she look beautiful in the eyes of men, and in fact when people were enchanted by her beauty, she would take them to be drown in the sea and then twist them with their tails that like snakes tail, and then eat them alive.. "

 


"Myungsoo, the mermaid princess have fins and fish tail.."

 


"Hey, I told you that it is their appearance with magic. Actually they were... "

 


Sungyeol turned the page again and make Myungsoo stopped his words. But when he saw Myungsoo was reading the title of the next story and commented, "Cinderella did not have a happy ending too.." Sungyeol finally gave up and closed the book.

 


"Seriously, Myungsoo. What do you want? "Asked Sungyeol.

 


Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol and said, "I just want to know why all of a sudden you're interested in stories like that."

 


"Oh, I just have nothing to do.." Sungyeol said as he waved his left hand at Myungsoo.

 


"Or deep inside you, you're actually interested in all that magically happy ending..?"

 


"What do you mean?," asked Sungyeol, directing his gaze at Myungsoo.

 


Myungsoo shrugged, "As I said, all the stories were false or fake.."

 


"But at least all of the stories have the sweet ending story.." Sungyeol said as he shrugged.

 


"You believe in all the fairy tale is ended like that?" Myungsoo asked in a mocking tone, "Only with a kiss and everything ends happily. How it can awaken sleeping princess, princess snow revived, cinderella has her happy ending with the prince and so on and so on and so on.. "

 


"Then you think?"

 


"I think all fairy tales have the same element. It's platonic. And that kiss... just made for exaggerating the happy ending.."

 


Silence enveloped them both until finally Sungyeol saw from the corner of his eye that Myungsoo was watching him.

 


"What?" asked Sungyeol immediately.

 


Myungsoo shook his head, "I was just wondering if the feeling that I have at this very moment is to be a platonic or not.."

 


"Huh?"

 


And with a bit of awareness that Sungyeol had, Myungsoo leaning quickly and kissed his lips.

 


"Myungsoo!" Sungyeol said in shock.

 


Myungsoo smiled and quickly got up from Sungyeol's beside. He dodged with a cheerful attitude when Sungyeol threw the fairytale books toward him and when Myungsoo was outside, he could hear Sungyeol was being dramatic because he has been kissed by Myungsoo.

 


Myungsoo laughed and found that in the living room, there had gathered five other members of his group and staring at him with a strange look as if he was possessed or mentally ill.

 


But Myungsoo did not care. He had to find out and he already know now. He likes Sungyeol. Although maybe he is not a prince and Sungyeol not a princess. But he liked him in this real world, not in a fairy tale. And what's more, he felt it was also not a platonic love. He, Kim Myungsoo loves Lee Sungyeol and wants him to be his. But it was for another story. This time Myungsoo was enough to just give it a brief kiss on Sungyeol's lips.

 

 

 


I'll keep looking after you
I wanna hold you forever
I wanna feel you more

- Kiss Kiss Kiss - SHINee

 

 


FIN