Happy Stress

Happy Stress

 

"Good work today, everyone! Have a safe trip home." 
 
 
The young entrepreneur stood up from his seat at the farthest part of the long table then gave his employees a grateful 90° bow.
 
The employees followed suit and bid their goodbyes with each other. Women were glancing towards their tired director before making their way near the door, hoping to at least receive his attention.
 
 
 
*Ring Ring*
 
 
"Hello-" The apple of the women's eyes answered his phone then chuckled. "Yes, Appa's done for work."
 
 
 
"Director Kwon's kid." One of the ladies guessed.
 
The other one rolled her eyes out of irritation.
 
"His wife is the luckiest woman in the world. I will trade anything to be in her position and be the mother of his children."
 
One scoffed teasingly. "As if he'll go with the likes of-"
 
 
A familiar voice cleared his throat, cutting their supposed-to-be quiet conversation.
 
"Err... Ahem. I already dismissed the meeting. You girls can go now." Yuri, the director, smiled politely at the group.
 
 
The response was hilarious; One bit her lip at the soothing voice. One squealed silently while fixing her hair. One smiled too widely and the other one was nodding her head furiously.
 
Each of them shamelessly bid their last goodbyes to Yuri, much to his surprise. After everyone had left, he leaned back against his office chair's backrest and continued his phonecall.
 
 
"Appa, come home NOW!" His son demanded and it sounded a lot like his mother.
 
"Appa is on his way!" He stood up and left the room, heading outside the building while trying to please his restless son.
 
"Yoong, give me the phone." Someone with an angelic voice spoke from the receiver. "Hello, Seobang?"
 
 
Yuri was now in his car with a tired yet stupid grin onh his face. The voice he heard was enough to erase his weariness for the day.
 
 
"Hi, Sicababy!-"
 
"Yul, come home NOW." His energetic greeting was cut off by his cold wife. "Your son is searching for you the whole day."
 
"..." Yuri heaved a sigh and was about to answer back when a piercing voice cut him off once again.
 
"YAH! Answer me! Are you coming or what?!" She yelled impatiently.
 
"Y-Yes! I'm on my way now! I have to hang up, okay? Bye, baby! Love you!" Then he ended the call.
 
 
Maybe the ladies earlier were right. Jessica was indeed a lucky woman to have Yuri as her husband. He's rich, handsome, well-known, smart and hardworking. Most of all, he loves her so much. 
 
But for Yuri, he may not be so lucky after all. (keke)
 
 
***
 
 
A 2-year old boy was running towards the front door after hearing his father's voice.
 
Yuri was currently taking his shoes off while sitting on the floor when suddenly a small body bumped his back. Then, he felt a pair of small arms snaking around his neck tightly.
 
"Appa!" Yoong, his son, exclaimed happily.
 
"Hey, Yoong!" He greeted him back with the same enthusiasm.
 
 
He smiled proudly at Yoong. The little one definitely took after Yuri's looks. The eyes, the nose, the lips, and the shape of his face were the exact copy of Yuri's. Unfortunately (lol), he inherited Jessica's bipolar attitude with the mixture of Yuri's unending hyperness. What a result.
 
 
"Look Appa!" Just like every single night, he raised thesame stuffed toy in front of his Appa.
 
 
Of course, the Appa will react the same.
 
 
"Oh wow! Rilakkuma!" Yuri clapped his hands.
 
"Riwakkuma!!"
 
 
Yuri played with his son for awhile then stood up. "I need to change my clothes, son."
 
"Me too!" He then latched around Yuri's leg.
 
"But you're-"
 
"Yoong! Food's ready!" A chirpy voice announced from the kitchen. Yuri almost didn't recognize the voice because of its energetic tone until the owner appeared from the kitchen, who was wearing a Minnie Mouse designed apron.
 
"Come on, it's your favori-" The brown-haired wife stopped talking as soon as she saw her other half. "Oh, you're home."
 
Yuri smiled as his arms were prepared to welcome his wife into an embrace.
 
"Sicababy- OOF!"
 
"Appa! Carry Yoong, N.O.W.!" His son jumped in between them, hooking his short arms desperately around his father's neck.
 
Yuri then secured his son's position and carried him with one arm.
 
"Yoong, Appa just got home. He needs to change his clothes." She reasoned while walking near the two. "Your food is ready, c'mon." She then offered her hand.
 
 
"No!"
 
"Yoong..."
 
"No!"
 
"Okay, smell him. He stinks."
 
 
Yoong unknowingly sniffed his Appa's shoulder and got his Umma's point. Indeed, his father smelled like sweat mixed with the office's scent.
 
The doe-eyed child then squirmed around his Appa's hold and hopped down while pinching his tiny nose.
 
"Appa, you stink!" He teased with a disgusted expression.
 
Yuri pouted.
 
"Okay, off you go. Bring your nose somewhere else." Jessica patted her son's diaper.
 
Yoong reluctantly peeled himself off from Yuri and headed towards the dining area, where an inviting scent was appealing his hungry stomach.
 
The husband sighed tiredly and walked up to the master's bedroom, oblivious of the person following him from behind. As soon as he entered the room, a voice spoke.
 
"How's your work?" His wife walked in front of him, slightly shocking his system.
 
"Whoa! Are you a ninja or something?"
 
"Yes, I am. So how's work?" She asked while untying his necktie, just like what wives do to their working husbands.
 
"Pretty much..."
 
"Why? What happened?"
 
"Because you were not there... And that I missed you."
 
 
Yuri prepared his lips with his eyes closed, anticipating a kiss from his beloved. Far from what he expected, a soft palm made contact on his face harshly and pushed him away. Giggles that sounded like windchimes came from the latter.
 
 
"Like I would believe you."
 
"Why not?"
 
"Well. For your information, Director Kwon..." Jessica played with his shirt's collar. "Majority of your workers, whether male or female, fancies you. Of course, you --- the conceited one --- will enjoy their desperate actions just to garner your attention. Am I correct?" She then raised her eyebrows.
 
"Ye- I mean NO! Not at all! Why would I need their attention if the loveliest woman is my wife and is waiting for me at home?"
 
The wife blushed at the sudden compliment and slapped Yuri's chest.
 
"And that wife is not just the loveliest, but also the deadliest." Jessica added with her icy voice. "If I caught you flirting with any woman, I swear you'll never see the sunlight ever again."
 
 
Sensing that she was dead serious, Yuri gulped and forced out a smile.
 
"That will never happen!" He assured her insecurities and s his arms around her slim waist. "I already promised you, your family and mine that I will give my whole life to you. I am a man of my word so trust me on this --- I love you and I'll never get tired of saying this. I will never ask for a better wife, because I know you're already the best. I love you." He then kissed her nose lovingly.
 
 
Jessica was dumbfounded by his sweet yet serious words. He never failed to make her heart beat rapidly. Just his presence was enough to let the butterflies in her stomach roam around, what more with this affectionate confession?
 
 
"Sica. Yah, Sooyeon-ah."
 
"H-huh?"
 
Yuri smiled at her adorable state, doubling her heart's pace. "God, you look so cute right now."
 
Jessica bit her lip before resting her head against his chest. From there, she could hear his heart beating as fast as hers. She giggled, they were sharing the same feelings.
 
"I love you too, Yuri-ah. And I trust you, okay?"
 
"No need to doubt 'cause I'm all yours." He said cheekily.
 
The wife giggled once again at his statement as they remained hugging each other inside their room. It was a solemn and memorable moment for them to declare their love for each other. Well, it seems like everyday was a moment to keep because of their undying love for each other.
 
"Okay, change your clothes big boy." Jessica initiated to break the hug since she was getting a bit hungry. "I'll go check on Yoong. Go down to eat dinner, okay?"
 
"Sure." He ed his polo shirt before Jessica could leave the room. From her peripheral vision, she saw her husband's toned body and it made her face red. 
 
Once she shut the door closed, Yuri chuckled as he wore his comfy clothes.
 
"Sica, why are you so cute?"
 
 
He was about to head downstairs but the bed was more appealing for him. He was dead tired and stressed from all the work he did today, not to mention the meetings for tomorrow. Sometimes, he wanted to give everything up and spend more time with his family.
 
Yuri laid his body on the bed and slowly drifted off to sleep.
 
 
***
 
 
After a few hours.
 
 
"Appa! Wake up!"
 
 
"Hmmm... Stop hitting me, buddy..."
 
 
"But I want huggie..."
 
 
"Okay, come here."
 
 
Yuri scooted on the side with his eyes still closed and welcomed his son into an embrace. Even though it was just his subconscious mind at work, he knows that his son needs his warm care and attention.
 
"Appa, what's that?"
 
"Hm?"
 
"That one, Appa. What's that?"
 
Yuri half-heartedly opened his eyes and saw the tray full of food on top of the side table. He slowly sat up as Yoong still clung around his Appa. Yuri pulled out the sticky note and it read: 
 
 

'Hardworking Appa Yuri, I hope Yoong woke you up and pointed this to you. I was waiting for you earlier but I found you snoring here in our room. Please eat before you sleep, I don't want to ruin your healthy lifestyle and get sick. Hehe~ Love you!
- Umma Sica
 
 
Yuri chuckled at his wife's caring antics. He then eyed the food and realized it was his favorite dish. Smiling like a fool, he turned around and saw Jessica sleeping so soundly behind him. He fixed the blanket they shared around her and placed a kiss on her forehead.
 
"Thank you, baby."
 
He then proceeded eating his dinner with Yoong, who claimed he was hungry again, and left Sica sleeping behind. 
 
 
Little did they know, she was smiling with her eyes closed in content as she succeeded in making her family happy before the day ends.

There! Hope you like it :)

The title was Happy Stress because even though our Yuri is tired and weary from all of the work, when he comes home --- everything turns into a happy stress because our Jessica and our Yoona is there to relieve it by taking care of him. :)