1

This Crazy Love

 

Today was the first day of my new performing arts school. Well, it was more of an academy to train young men and women from across America with their dancing, singing, pretty much any fine arts talent. But first you had to audition to get in the school, although it costed a lot of money, it was worth it, plus you can earn a scholarship if your audition was good enough but I didn’t get one.

First I have vocal training, then some dancing stuff, and drama, for today. Tomorrow I’ll have hair and make-up/designing, art class, and Korean class. Of course before all of that I have home schooling since I’m not going to a regular school. I finished up my bowl of lucky charms and put it in the sink. I grabbed my school books and proceeded down to the living room to wait for my home schooling teacher.

I wonder who it is? I wonder if it’s a man or a woman? I hope I don’t have a stuck-up teacher or a mean one. What if it’s some creep who watches people from his 8th story apartment window while they undr-

The door opened and in walked a man with short black hair and nerdy glasses. He had a laptop bag strapped around his neck, hanging by his side. He closed the door and turned to me. He was surprisingly young.

He had chubbyish cheeks and bright eyes that matched his smile. His eyes were dark brown and his eyebrows were thick. His nose was relatively bigger than the average person but that’s what made him cute. Wait, am I crushing on my teacher!?

“Helloooo, I’m Lee Jinki, I’ll be your tutor.” He held out his hand for me to shake but realized something and pulled his hand back. “I’m sorry, I just had some fried chicken so my hands are really greasy.” He said as he scrunched up his face in the cutest way possible.

“Tutor? I thought you were my teacher?” I said confused.

“Ah, um, well, usually, you have two days of the regular academy stuff, then you have a day devoted to school, and tutors, like me, come everyday to help you so you won’t forget stuff or to teach you stuff.” He said, smiling at the end, showing dimples.

Yes, I defninitely have a crush on my tutor.

“So shall we start?” He asks.

“Shall we? Who says that?” I said playfully with a smile.

He blushed and quickly looked down before he could embarass himself anymore.

“One quick question?” He looked up and arched his eyebrows, waiting. “How old are you?”

“I’m 23. And you?”

“I’m 21.” I told him. “So what should we start with?”

“How about your name?” He asked smiling.

“Oh, I’m sorry I completely forgot, I’m Shin Yoomi, but you can just call me Yoomi.”

“Ok Yoomi, how about we start with math.”

I groaned and pulled out the textbook I was required to buy for the course. He went through everything I learned from high school, and, since I was a straight-A student, I remembered everything and quickly did everything he told me to, without really paying attention. I just stared at him while he read stuff from the textbook and would only stop when he asked me to do something. As we went through all of the subjects I did the same. Then he closed the textbook we had been working with and stood up.

“Well, you seem to remember everything from your high school career. You did good today.” He said as he picked up his laptop bag and pulled it around his neck.

“Yea, well I was a straight-A student when I was in school.”

“Wow, very good. Well I have a class, so I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodbye Yoomi. Oh, and by the way you can call me Onew, I don’t like my real name that much. Byeeee!” He closed the door and I sat back in the couch, realizing all the work I did and realized I was exhausted. I checked the clock and saw I had about an hour before my next class started, so I set an alarm on my phone, closed my eyes, and went to sleep.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I awoke to the sound of my phone playing my alarm and vibrated on the table.

I checked the clock. 10 minutes. I went to the bathroom to freshen up and then headed to class which was about a half mile from my dorm.

I spotted the vocal training building and quickly hurried inside, fearing I had taken to long on my walk. Once I got inside I looked up at the clock, seeing I was one minute away from being late I ran to my classroom.

I need room 14A. Hmm… it seemed I was on Hall B. I ran quickly, seeing I had only 30 seconds left. I turned the corner to Hall A and ran into someone. I looked up to see a guy with brown hair that went about to his eyes, and dark, dark brown eyes. His eyes caught the light to make the depth of his eyes unfathomable.

He glared at me. “Watch where you’re going next time.” He said before quickly disapearing around the corner.

Weird.

Dance class went by fast as the teacher had some kind of meeting to go to afterward so we had to hurry with today’s lesson.

After class was over I went back to my dorm to take a shower, since I was dripping with sweat and probably smelled like a goat giving birth. After I finished I put on a fresh pair of clothes. I didn’t have time to put much thought into my outfit but I hoped my teacher didn’t mind a black short-sleeved shirt and a tight pair of jeans.

I walked back to where the main buildings were and got to my class 10 minutes early so I just sat down in one of the chairs in the auditorium, since that was where my class would take place. I thought it would be weird to teach in an auditorium, but then again, it was drama class. I pulled out my iPod and listened to 4minute’s Volume Up while I waited for the teacher and the rest of the class to arrive.

Then I heard The door slam and turned to see who it was. It was the guy I ran into this morning. He looked around to see if anyone else was there and scowled when he saw me sitting there. He walked to the middle section of the seating area and pulled his Ipod out too.

He had a very strong jawline and an angular face. Perfect for drawing. I pulled my sketchbook out and started drawing the contours of his face, then I did his nose and his mouth and so on. After a few minutes I had a mental image of him and no longer had to look up at him to draw. I just finished the details of his eyes and the last part of his hair when someone behind me said “I would really appreciate you asking me first before you draw a picture of me in your sketchbook. Creepy much?” Then he walked to the stage where I hadn’t noticed the rest of the class was gathering. When did they get here?

I quickly gathered my stuff and walked to sit with the rest of the class. I noticed that Mr.Not-so-nice-guy was sitting all alone away from everyone else. He looked over at me and scowled again, noticing I had been staring. I quickly looked to the teacher and tried to focus on what he was saying.

“Well, I know this is really early to start doing this but I would like if we started on the sets for the play we’re going to have later this year.” He said to the class. “If you would all please get directions from Ms. Emily right here…” He motioned to a brunette with a ponytail sitting in the front row. “She’ll tell you all what you need to do. Now, if you don’t mind, I need to go to a meeting.” Referring to the same one our dance teacher was talking about.

“Okay guys well, we need people who are good with tools like hammers and stuff.” A few of the guys raised their hands and she politely asked if they would get working on a structure for a castle wall. She went on with a few things until everyone was working on something. I was just about to go to the station I was assigned to when she yelled “Yoomi!” Pronouncing it Yoo-my. 

“It’s Yoomi.” I said with a smile.

“Oh, I’m just-” She said as she smiled, waved her hand and shook her head.

“Anyway, would you mind going to get some gray paint for the castle walls with him.” She said, motioning toward Mr.Not-so-nice.

“Oh, sure, I’ll go.” I said, biting my lip, wondering if he’s even going to go.

She walked over and asked and although he scowled, he still walked over to me.

“Okay well we need to go the woodwork shop and get some from there.”

“They have woodshop here?”

“Duh, isn’t that what I said.” He said as he turned and started walking out of the auditotium.

“Hey wait!” I yelled as I ran to catch up. “Sorry for bumping into you this morning, and for drawing you without your permission, and for staring at you in class.”

“You were staring at me?”

I blushed, realizing he probably thought I just looked over at the same time.

“Um.. no.” I said quietly, looking at the ground.

He just kept walking.

“So, what’s your name?”

“Jonghyun.” He said in a flat tone.

“I’m Yoomi.”

“Nice to know.”

We arrived in the woodshop class and I waited as Jonghyun asked the teacher if we could get some paint.

They went to the supply closet and got two buckets out. He grabbed one and yelled to me. “YAH! Are you going to help!?”

I quickly walked over to him and took one of the buckets.

We walked back to the main building in silence.

It’s really cold outside.

He went to open the door but it was locked.

“Where are the keys?” He asked as he turned to me.

I reached in my pocket to fish them out but they weren’t there. I patted the rest of my pockets before I realized I left them on the stage in the auditorium.

“Um, I left them inside.” I said as I looked down at my feet.

He groaned and knocked on the door for a few minutes but no one came.

“I can’t believe you left them in the building. I mean first you run into me this morning, I catch you drawing me before class, then catch you staring at me in class, and now you’ve forgotten the keys inside, I mean, what the hell is your problem. Now I have to wait until someone comes out here or realizes we’re missing in this cold weather with-“

“What the hell is YOUR problem!?” I screamed at him. He widened his eyes, clearly shocked I had yelled at him.

“I’ve been trying to be nice to you this whole morning and all you do is ignore me and be mean and insult me! By the way I have to wait out here too, and I’m wearing a short-sleeved shirt. You’re wearing a sweater AND a jacket and you’re complaining about the cold!” He held his hands up and started walking towards me.

“No, you jerk, go away from me!” I yelled as I ran around the corner of the building and sat down on the pavement, crying.

All he’s been this morning is mean and I’ve been trying to be friendly and nice but he’s just bitter.

After a few minutes I was shivering and physically shaking. He stuck his head around the corner to check on me. He saw I was shaking and his face immediantly lit up with concern. He quickly walked over to me and pulled off his jacket, handing it to me.

“Are you okay? You look really cold.” He said as I put his jacket on.

“Come here, I’m warm.” He sat, motioning for me to scoot next to him. I hesitated for second but moved scooted over anyway.

I curled up and leaned into him as he put his arm around me to try to keep me as warm as possible.

He wiped the tears from my eyes and settled my head on his shoulder.

After a few minutes, after I stopped shivering uncontrollably and crying, I told him. “Thank you.”

“It’s okay.”

“I’m sorry for calling you a jerk and screaming at you.”

“It’s okay.” He repeated.

We started talking for a little bit, not about anything imparticular, but basically just anything. From personal opinions, to just plain old personal stuff, like where we’re fro and stuff.

After about 30 minutes I fell asleep for a little bit.

I woke up to him snoring right beside me.

I sat up and looked around. How long have we been out here, geez, hasn’t anyone noticed we haven’t came back yet?

I saw someone down the sidewalk that me and Jonghyun were sleeping on. The figure for some reason looked familiar, and as he neared, I realized why.

“ONEW OPPA!” I yelled as I got up and ran to him and almost tackled him to the ground.

*Jonghyun*

I woke up and saw Yoomi running towards someone. I don’t know who he is but I think Onew, or at least I think that’s what she yelled at him, and oppa.

As she hugged him I, for some reason, felt sad, why doesn’t she call me oppa.

I slowly got up and watched her as she talked to him.

“Jonghyun, come here!”

I walked cautiously to where she was, unsure of what she wanted, whether or not she told him I was a jerk and if he was about to punch me.

“Jonghyun, meet Onew, Onew, meet Jonghyun. Jonhyun, this is my tutor. And Onew, this is my friend Jonghyun whom I basically just met.”

He smiled at me and I just stood there glaring at him.

He looked away and started talking to Yoomi again. “Well I can walk you back to your dorm if you want me to.”

“Sure, why not.” She replied.

Right then and there I nearly died inside.

“Bye Yoomi.” I turned and walked towards the direction of my dorm before she could see my eyes watering a little bit. I don’t know why my eyes are even watering up, I barely know her and for all I know, that could be her boyfriend. Hell, they could be making out right now. But if she had a boyfriend, why would she have drawn me and blushed when she was talking to me and fell asleep on my shoulder.

She yelled something to me but I wasn’t listening.

*Yoomi*

“Jonghyun Oppa! Your jacket!” I yelled after him but he didn’t hear me. Why did he just abruptly leave?

I turned to Onew. “So, do you remember how to get to my dorm from here?”

“Yes.”

We walked the half mile back to my dorm, laughing and talking along the way.

“Onew, do you know why Jonghyun just abruptly left?” I said as we arrived at my room.

“No.” He said as he furrowed his brows together.

“Okay.” I said as I let out a long sigh. “Well, I’ll see you tomorrow Oppa!”

I said as opened the door to my dorm.

I turned around to see him smiling at me.

“What?”

“Nothing.” He said, chuckling as he walked back to go to his dorm.

“Get plenty of rest! Bye! Goodnight!: He called from down the sidewalk.

I walked in and retreated to my bed after I pulled on my pajamas, and feel asleep after I pulled the blankets over me.

Goodnight Onew Oppa and Jonghyun Oppa.