Cute Moments Like This

A SHINee Valentine: Minho Version

School just ended and I started making my way home as fast as I could. Earlier at school today, Minho reminded me that he was coming over for dinner tonight when I suddenly remembered that we had made these plans three weeks before hand. The very thought of Minho coming over filled me with nervouseness. He's already met my parents and they adore him. It's just the fact that we have been dating for a few months and he still is very cold around me. We never hold hands and it seems like hugging is a sin in his book. But I just love him very much. He's so handsome and he makes me feel complete. So I think going off of that basis, I will be able to handle him being over for so long.

Once I entered my house, I quickly kicked off my shoes and hung up my coat.
        "Umma!" I called.
        "Yes?" she answered back from the kitchen.
I went to her only to find that she was already at work with Valentine's dinner. 
        "Is there anything I can do you help?" I questioned, wanting something to keep me busy.
My mother shook her head but then stopped what she was doing. She reached into one of the shopping bags and pulled out a heart shaped box decorated with shiny red foil.
        "Is this the box you were looking for?" she asked.
My heart skipped a beat just looking at the box! I was going to give them to Minho!
I hesitantly reached out and took the pretty box from my mom's hands. I blushed madly at the very thought of giving them to Minho. 

The few hours I had before Minho arrived ticked away and soon I found myself running around the house making sure everything was in place and ready to go. I stopped and sharply inhaled when I heard the doorbell. I notice my parents hadn't got to the door before me, which was unusual. I slowly opened the door and it became harder to breathe. 

There he was.

My handsome boyfriend on my door step just as nervous as I was.
       "Annyeong Minho-ah.." I greeted shyly, stepping aside from the door to let him in.
After he came inside, I shut the door behind him and avoided eye contact. We were still kind of awkward around each other. I looked around and my parents were still no where to be found.
       "Umma!" I called,"Minho is here!"
Still no answer from either my mother or father.

Both Minho and I stood there awkwardly. I was waiting for some form of response. But after a few moments, I finally could tell something was up. I nervously smiled at Minho and headed to the kitchen where I last saw my parents. Both of them were gone. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and immediately called my mom.
       "Hello?" she answered.
       "Umma!" I nearly shouted at the top of my lungs,"Where are you?!"
       "Your dad and I are going out for the evening.. Spend sometime with Minho~" she said sweetly. She hung up first, leaving me speechless.
Minho poked his head in the room and I could hear his soft footsteps aproaching behind me. The closer he got, the more nervous I became. I looked up at him. What do I tell him? He became worried.
       "Yah.. Are you okay?" he questioned softly.
I smiled and nodded, trying to keep my act together.
       "Are you  hungry?" I questioned.
He nodded eagerly. Suddenly both of our stomachs rumbled, and we both tried to giggle our embarrassment away. I motioned for him to follow me but next thing I know he quickly grabbed my hand and laced his fingers with mine. I stopped and turned to him. Totally shocked that he actually grabbed my hand first. Usually it was me. Instead, I started walking again and we both entered the dining room. My mom and dad definitely planned this out.

The table was set for two and all the food looked amazing.
       "Wow.." he smiled.
Minho walked over and pulled a chair out for me and sat in the chair next to me as soon as I was seated.
       "This is amazing.." he whispered, still smiling widely.
       "What would you like to eat first?" I questioned as both of us reached for the spoon in the pink mashed potatoes. Our hands bumped and we both pulled  our arms back.
       "Sit oppa!" I commanded,"I will make your plate~"
Slowly, Minho sat down, watching me fix his plate.

After 20 minutes of eating, we both cleared the table and cleaned up. Minho left the room and after a minute or two, I went to see what he was doing. In the living room, Minho was sitting in front of the fire place, just closing the glass gate after putting in a few small logs. This was a perfect opportunity for me. As quickly and quietly as I could, I ran upstairs and grabbed the heart shaped box of chocolates. My heart started to pound and I started to have trouble breathing.
       "Yah.. You can do this!" I whispered to myself, lightly smacking my cheeks.
I made my way downstairs and stood in the doorway of the living room. I took a deep breath and nodded. I walked up to Minho and sat down next to him, holing the box behind me.
       "Thank you." he said, not looking at me.
       "What?" I questioned.
       "Thank you for today, it was the best Valentine's Day for me so far!" he replied with a smile spreading across his face.
       "Oh.. yes.. You're welcome!" I smiled in return.
I couldn't help but acknowledge the growing lump in my throat. He looked at me.
       "Are you okay?" he questioned, turning towards me.
       "Oh.. Yes.. I'm fine!" I nervously laughed.
He looked back into the fire and rested his chin on his arms. This is my chance. I pulled the box out from behind me and held it out to him.
       "Oppa!" I blurted, attempting to sound cute and obviously failing,"Happy Valentine's Day Minho-ah!"
He was shocked and some what overwhelmed with joy. He nervously took the box from me and smiled.
       "I didn't really do anything for you.." he whispered bashfully.
       "It's okay oppa!" I replied cheerfully.
I flawlessly pulled it off.
Minho looked at me also turning his body towards me.
       "You are so good to me.. You have done so much for me when I can barely do something for you. I wanted to be the best boyfriend ever but it looks like I'm faling.." he said, obviously upset with himself.
I shook my head and slipped a smile on my face.
       "It's okay! Just being able to spend today with you is enough!" I replied happily.
Minho reached out, grabbing my shoulders. He pulled me close to him, wrapping his arms tightly around me and rested his chin on my shoulder.
       "I will make it up to you! I promise!" he finished.
I could feel the vibration of his voice on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around him and smiled. This was the closest I have been to him since we started dating. I started to pull away but he still held onto me tightly, refusing to let me go.
       "Can we stay like this for awhile?" he asked.
I went back to leaning on him, and just took in the situation. I smiled, hoping that we could be together for a lifetime and continue to have cute moments like this.

 


How do you like it? Is it cute enough? Leave comments~ ♥
Sorry for taking so long~ T^T