Three

F L O W

 

[John’s POV]

After taking Krystal out, I couldn’t stop thinking about her. She’s as pure as the white snow that falls from the clouds. She’s funny and can always cheer you up with her blinding smile. You can be you with her and she won’t judge you at all. She’s as sweet as the ice cream I bought for her. How does Eric not like her? She would make the perfect girlfriend. But no, he has to like Luna. That girl disgusts me. She thinks she’s like a princess or something because she has money. I think Krystal is a real princess because she has a heart. If Eric doesn’t want her, it’s certainly his loss.

It was Eric’s turn to do the dishes, take out the trash, and fold the laundry so I was lounging in his room. I was playing my guitar because strumming these six strings makes me happy. Since I was already in a good mood, this made me elated. I was singing “Little Things” by One Direction. I was singing the chorus when I got a text. I was mad at the person for interrupting my groove, but then I read the ID.

One new message from: Beautiful <3

I put down the guitar and looked out Eric’s window and saw Krystal with her laptop and her textbooks. I smiled because she was being a good girl. I clicked the ‘open message’ button to read her message.

Krystal: You look super cool while playing your guitar and singing~

She thinks I look cool? Guess I’m going to play this a lot more.

Me: Really? Well, you look cool while doing your homework :P

Krystal and I continued talking until Eric walked in. He told me to get my big out of his room. That earned him a punch in the arm. I obliged and took my guitar and my bug to my own room. I looked at my calendar to see if I had any tests coming up or any papers due. Nope, but I did notice that Krystal’s birthday was coming up at the end of this month. What was I doing on her birthday? Her birthday is May 26th. Isn’t that when our school is taking us to Myrtle Beach?

“HEY ERIC!” I called him from my room.

“WHAT?” He hollered back?

“COME HERE!” I called. I heard his heavy footsteps trudge across the hall way. He stuck his head in and I motioned him in.

“What?” He asked again.

“You’re in the student council right?” I asked and he nodded slowly.

“Yes, why?”

“When are we going to the beach?” I asked to make sure.

“Uhm, the 23rd of this month. We’re staying for 5 days, and then school is out. Why?” he asked.

“I just wanted to make sure.” I answered then he left.

Krystal’s birthday is during our trip? What should I do for her? I thought about what she likes. After thinking for a while, I finally got it. I looked at my guitar and smiled. I had the perfect plan for her birthday. With the thought of Krystal’s smile in my mind, I was ready to go to sleep. But before I did, I got my phone and texted someone. I stared at my phone, waiting for it to be sent. After a while, it beeped and told me the message had been sent successfully. I looked at the text again and then fell asleep happily.

To: Beautiful <3

Good night sweetie~ Have a good dream and a lot of rest~ Tomorrow’s Friday and we can finally go see that movie! :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After I dropped off Krystal and Eric again, I went to go park my car. When I got out of my car, my best friends Michael and Hara came up to me. Michael was the principal’s son. He was well known around the school because he’s also the student body president. Hara was one year younger than all the kids in the junior class. She should be a sophomore like Eric and Krystal, but she was smart so she skipped a grade. She skipped in the middle of the first semester, so she had friends in that grade.

“안녕하세요 오빠!” Hara said, she’s Korean too.

“안녕!” I replied back in Korean.

“Okay, it’s not nice to speak in Korean when your white friend is around! What’d you guys just say? Did you make fun of me?” Michael asked.

“No, we said hi to each other, calm down. Gosh, always making accusations.” Hara said with an eye roll.

“Where were you last night? You were supposed to come over and play some Black Ops with me!” Michael asked. He loves to play games. I don’t know where he finds the time to play though.

“Oh yeah. Sorry dude. I took Eric and Krystal out for ice cream last night.” I apologized.

“Liar, you were probably sleeping or something. He wouldn’t waste gas money on ice cream on them two.” Hara said.

“You’re probably right. Huh, you are pretty smart.” Michael said to Hara.

“Again with the accusations. I did take them out last night.” I protested. I took out my phone and showed them the picture of Krystal putting ice cream on Eric’s face.

“See?” They looked at my phone and then at each other and then at me. The looks on their faces showed disbelief.

“Photo shop.” They said in unison. Hara laughed and ran to her first class. Michael shook his head and ran after her. They are such kids. They frustrate me sometimes. I ran after them because I was going to be late for first period if I didn’t leave now. If I’m late, dad will give me a lecture about how being late can cause death. I’ve had that lecture before. I was so lost, and I don’t want to hear it again.

After I first period, we had free period. At our school, we could do anything as long as me don’t leave the school and don’t make a lot of noise. I went to Michael’s classroom and we went to Hara’s. All three of us went to the music room. Not many people go there during free period, so we can just go there and talk. We were talking about something when I got a text.

One new message from: Dork-face

Eric: Where are you?

Me: Why?

Eric: So Krystal and I can spend free period with you, duh.

Me: I’m in the music room.

Michael was talking about some cheats he found on the internet so he wouldn’t have to reload his gun while playing Black Ops when we heard a light knocking on the door. The door opened and Krystal’s head peeked inside. When she saw me, she smiled and headed in followed by Eric. Krystal and Eric said hi to Hara and Michael. Eric took a seat on the floor between Hara and Michael. Krystal was going to sit on the floor, but I told her she could sit on my lap. She sat down shyly. She always sits on my lap, but because my friends were here, she was embarrassed.

“Woah, is there something going on between you two?” Hara asked teasingly while wiggling her eyebrows.

“No!” Eric exclaimed. We all looked at him because of his sudden outburst.

“I mean, no. There’s nothing going on between them.” He said calmly.

There’s nothing going on now, but there might be later.