When is your birthday?

The Promise

“When is your birthday?”
“You don’t know? Gee ...”
“I know that I’ll be there when it comes.”


Now. The sun was starting to stream in; those day curtains that precociously draped the windows weren’t the least bit useful for a sleep-in. Namsoon hadn’t changed those since his move to Seoul three years back. Besides he had better things to do, with Heungsoo of course. Speaking of which, where was that dude?

And is that the smell of ramyun?

Namsoon swiftly chucked his blankets into the wardrobe and scrambled out at the whiff of gold. (by his standards at least)

There stood Heungsoo focusing on a pot of ramyun over the stove. The table was already set together with the box of kimchi.

“Wow, is that our Heungsoo hyung-nim I see cooking?” Namsoon was floored. Heungsoo was never the one to make the ramyun, or to set the table.

“I knew the ramyun would wake you up,” Heungsoo mumbled, all ready to spit out the usual “i saekkiya” but caught his tongue. Today was a special day.


"Go Namsoon. Happy birthday." Heungsoo sputtered as he finished the last strand of ramyun. Namsoon smirked as he slurped down that satisfying bowl of soup.

“What do you want to do today,” the former continued, as he speed washed the pot and bowls.

“Read manhwa.”

“You’re planning on wasting your birthday away?”

“Not if the day’s with you.”


Heungsoo wasn’t one who bothered about celebrating birthdays, if he could even remember birthdates. Namsoon knew that, and he also knew why the former was acting this way today.

Half a year had passed ever since the boys managed to scrape through graduating high school. Namsoon was due to enlist tomorrow, but his birthday only the day after. Heungsoo still had a month to go, considering he was down for non-active duty with that knee to favour. Having made up just the year before the last, the boys never left each other’s sight since.

The thought of Namsoon leaving to enlist jogged the painful memories of Namsoon abandonment four years ago. Images of the wreck that he was flooded Heungsoo’s mind. Can he handle the loneliness that had once engulfed his soul?

Amidst those thoughts, he shoves a cup of herbal tea at Namsoon.

“That’s three part-time jobs worth.”

//


A/N: dang my writing is so dry. Sorry its my first time xx *looks to the lack of heungsoon fics around