An Unexpected Event

A SHINee Valentine: Onew Version

 

It's not like I'm trying to worry him. Onew's heart is too gentle for that. But I wanted to create a suprise event. Not something regular. But a puzzle to see if he can find my love for him. There's only one problem, we aren't dating, but maybe after today, it could be possible. I looked at the teal watch on my wrist, ticking the time away.
       "He should be there by now.." I smiled to myself,"Let the game begin!"
 
Onew's POV:
I was sitting comfortably in my chair at home. Enjoying this beautiful day they call Valentine's Day. Spending it alone, like every year in the past. There was suddenly a knock on my door which pulled me from my day dreaming about the wonderful chicken I was going to eat for dinner. I got up from my chair and answered the door.
       "Hello!" I answered the door happily.
       "Hi, Are you Lee 'Onew' Jinki?" the strange boy in a dark hood asked.
       "Uhm.. Yes?" he questioned,"I'm pretty sure I am.."
I trailed off on the end of my sentence. I didn't want to seem like a complete dunce to a totaly stranger. The familiar awkward air that I know all too well surrounded us. I sighed, hoping to break it.
       "Here you go." he blurted suddenly.
He handed me a white envelope with light pink hearts bordering the outside edge. I was a little hesitant about taking it because it was decorated like a girl made it, but a boy was handing it to me. I grabbed the envelope from him and he immediately started walking away.
       "YAH! What is this?" I yelled after him.
He kept walking and didn't even bother to turn around or even look at me. 
       "Hmm.. That was weird.." I mumbled to myself.
I closed the door and looked at the envelope that I was now holding in my hand. On the front it had 'Onew' written neatly adding an even cute affect on the whole situation. I carefully opened in a found a light pink note paper in the inside bordered with hearts.
 
       Dear Onew-oppa,
I'm sorry I couldn't deliver this in person, and you will understand if you decided to go along with my plan~ ^^ If you want to figure out who I am, you are going to have to follow each direction carefully! This is is a game that I have prepared is to see if you will actually participate! I hope that you will play and that we will meet soon! Happy Valentine's Day!
Hint: You know me very well but we don't get the chance to talk very often anymore because of your busy schedule~
       - An admirer
Clue: Somewhere you eat quite often, talk to the helper at the counter~  (Note 1/4)
 
I closed the letter and looked out my window.
"Wow! I have an admirer!" I beamed sheepishly.
Instead of clearly thinking out what I was going to do, my feet seemed to be doing the thinking for me. I found myself grabbing my coat, putting on my shoes and leaving my house to find this secret admirer that I apparently knew.

Heading towards downtown, I had pulled the note out again to read the clue she gave me.
       "Somewhere I eat quite often?" I questioned,"Where would that be.."
I don't really go out much to eat because I usually have all the food that I have the taste for at the house. My stomach suddenly rumbled and next thing I knew I headed to a coffee shop, that I went to quite often. I smiled widely.
       "I come here all the time!" I laughed happily to myself.
Following the directions on the paper, I went up to the worker at the counter who smiled at me and handed me another note without saying anything. It was the same as the one I was given earlier. I stepped away from the counter and quickly opened the note reading the handwriting that I was starting to adore.

Wow! Have you already collected this note? I'm glad you decided to participate!
Don't worry we will meet soon~ ^^
Next Clue: The spot you wait at to go to work! (Note 2/4)


        "Bus stop!" I shouted loudly.
The shop became quiet and people started giving me strange looks. My face heated up from the sudden attention. I made my way towards the door and stepped out quickly, being greeted by the chilly February weather. From the coffee shop, the public bus stop was about a 10 minute walk. This person must really know me or be a stalker if they know my schedule this well. After walking outside for awhile, I shoved my hands into my coat pockets because being the scatter brain that I am, I didn't think to grab my gloves. Upon reaching the bus stop, I was sort of let down. There was nothing or no one there. Just busy people passing by, like usual.
       "Maybe it's around here somewhere.." I muttered to myself, bending down to check under the bench, being careful not to dirty my jeans. After looking around for a bit under the bench and around the bus stop, someone tapped me on the shoulder and I immediately jumped.
It was a police officer.
       "Are you Lee Jinki?" he demanded more than questioned.
       "Y-yes.." I stuttered, clearly scared.
He pulled out an all too familiar note and handed it to me.
       "Here you go!" he smiled kindly.
I looked at the note and then back at him. I reached out and took the envelope gratefully.
       "Thank you!" I replied, trying not to sound too shaken up.
Without acknowlegding him again, I almost immediately ripped open the letter to find where I needed to go next.

Wow! I am impressed! You really want to know who I am? You will be suprised~ ^^
Next Clue: Banpo Bridge. (Note 3/4)


I felt my heart start to race as I looked up from the note. The Banpo Bridge was litterally 15 minutes in walking distance from exactly where I was. Without hesitation, I started walking to the bridge. The only spot I could really think of was the walkway that was on the side of the bridge allowing you to see the light show at night. It was a very popular spot in Seoul. I didn't realize how late it was until I started making my way down the huge sidewalk along side the bridge. The sund was almost done. I kept walking until I found a note on the gound, exactly the same one as I had gotten before. I looked around and no one was here. I slowly picked it up and opened it. I pulled the paper out of the envelope and unfolded it. Suddenly, the bridge exploded with a pink and red waterfall light show in celebration of Valentine's Day. The note read:

I love you! (Note 4/4) ♥

I looked up to a girl standing in front of me. I knew her very well. I have liked her for a long time, but never got the chance or had the time to tell her.

1st POV:
I watched Onew approach the note and pick it up carefully. He was fully focused on the note, giving me time to walk in front of him. I had my hands behind my back holding a gift for him. I tried my hardest not to blush but it was impossible not to. He lowered the note and looked at me. A smile slowly spread across his face.
        "Happy Valentine's Day oppa~" I said in a sing song voice.
He smiled widely and looked down, blushing like a child.
I pulled the gift of chocolates out from behind me and held it out to him, so nervous about what was going to happen next.
       "Will you be my Valentine?" I blushed madly.
Without hesitation, he accepted the gift.
       "If you will be my girlfriend~" he replied with a cheesy grin.
I was speechless. Without straight forwardly answering, I just laughed and nodded. He smiled and looked right into my eyes. He took my hand and we sat down on a bench and watched the light show. This was definitely how I was planning to spend my Valentine's Day. It's so perfect and him being by my side just makes it even better.