Our sweet moments

The World Of One

 

Joy opens her eyes and and rolls over to see Sorrow sleeping peacefully next to her. As she watches him, she can't help but wonder if he's dreaming or not. Gently she rests her head on his chest and listens to his heartbeat. While laying here she can feel Sorrow breathing in and out on the top of her head. Joy smiles as every breath tickles her and sends chills down her back.
 
"Your up already?" Sorrow asks
"Uh huh," Joy answered
"Should we just sleep in today?" He says
"as much as I want us to, you know that we can't," she replied
As he stretches while Joy still resting on his chest, he playfully rolls off the bed as her head suddenly falls smack down on the blankets.
 
"hey what was that for?" she exclaimed
"had to get you off of me somehow," chuckled Sorrow
"yeah how about this," joy says as she reaches for a pillow and throws it towards Sorrow
Dodging the first pillow as it comes flying at him he can't quickly avoid the next one as it surprises him as it hits his face.
 
"how's that?" she laughs
"you're getting it now," he replied as he grabs the pillow and playfully swings it at Joy
 
After a few moments of laughter and play, they both head to the bathroom and freshen themselves up for the day. Finishing first, Sorrow heads down to the kitchen and prepares breakfast for Joy as she arrives 10 minutes later.
 
"women, always taking your precious little time getting ready," said Sorrow
"of course, it takes time to look like this," joy replies
"I'll have to admit it though, you do look beautiful as always, but to be honest you look more beautiful 20 minutes ago," he says
"we were just in bed 20 minutes ago," she replied
"I know, why do you think I asked if we should just sleep in today, it's because a women is most beautiful just before she gets out of bed, I wanted to see you being perfect like that all day today, why'd you have to make us get up?" he asked
 
"come on, I didn't mind sleeping in either, but we do have some promises to keep today," she answered
"I'm sure Snow and Rain would understand if we skipped it just this once," Said Sorrow
"it's their anniversary today, I'm sure Rain would understand if we skipped it but do you really think Snow would be that easygoing?" Joy asked
 
*Sorrow thinking*
"......yeah you're right, I don't wanna get yelled at by that lady," he answered
"of course you don't, so hurry up and eat we have a lot of errands to do today," she said
 
Quickly finishing their breakfast they clean up and head right out the front door. Running errands here and there as the sun moves from east to high noon, Sorrow and Joy are at the local shopping mall. Joy goes from store to store trying to find the perfect anniversary gift as Sorrow follows right behind her.
 
"so have you found a gift yet?" Sorrow asked
"if I did then we wouldn't be here now would we, help me look for one will you," joy answered
 
Sorrows' phone rings.
"uh... Sorry, can't, phone call," he says as he pulls out his phone and walks out the store.
"men, never wanting to do any of the shopping," said the store attendent "hi is there anything I can help you with?"
"I hope so, I'm looking for an anniversary gift for someone," said Joy
"well now we have some amazing men's watches here, do you know you boyfriends wrist size?" the attendant asks
"oh sorry, but it's not for him, it's for two of my other friends," joy answered as she looks at Sorrow talking on the phone "he's an idiot, but he's my idiot, I love him."
"oh sorry about that," said the attendant as she smiles
"it's ok I should've been more clear about who it was for," joy replied
 
As the store clerk shows Joy a few items on display, she decided on not getting anything and leaving empty handed. Walking out the store she sees Sorrow ending his call just as she walks up to him.
 
"so who called?" she asked
"Rain did," he answered
"oh... About what?" she said
"nothing, just guy stuff," he answered
"really?" joy responded
"yeah," sorrow replied "so you didn't get anything?"
"no there wasn't anything I liked," she said
"I have an idea," he says as he grabs Joys' hand "come on let's go."
 
Confused about what he may be thinking about, she suddenly understands as they arrive at a cloth and linen store.
"you know what I'm thinking about," he says "you liked it when I gave you one, maybe they'll like one too, especially Snow,"
"this is a good idea, I like it," she replied
 
Gathering and buying the supplies they both needed, the couple then head on home to prepare their present. After a few hours of working on it, they finally finish their present as the anniversary dinner draws closer. Being so exhausted after working the whole day, Sorrow sits with Joy on the couch as she rests her head on his shoulder. Feeling that she's beginning doze off, he slowly moves her head down to his lap. Watching her sleep so peacefully he gently moves her hair away from her eyes. Smiling, he then reaches for her hand and holds it firmly as she sleeps. Tilting his head back he closes his eyes and takes a breath.
 
"Hun," he says "Time to get up now, we've got to get ready,"
"okay," she replied as she opens her eyes
"go take a shower, I'll clean up and shower after you," sorrow says as he helps Joy get up
 
Thirty minutes later as they both finish cleaning up and fully dressed, they head out the door to meet Snow and Rain at the restaurant. "here," sorrow said as he hands a piece of paper to Joy "Read this and remember it." As they arrive and enter, they're soon escorted to their table as they're greeted by their two friends.
 
"hey Snow, you look beautiful tonight," Sorrow said as he hugs his little sister soon followed by Joy
"you're late," Snow says
"yeah, by only a few minutes," Sorrow replied
"still, you're late," she said
"but..." He answered
"Sorrow," Rain interrupted as he gestured him not to argue back
"ok... sorry for being late," Sorrow says as he sits down
"Joy, how do you live with him?" Snow says playfully
"what?!?" Sorrow exclaimed "why're you mad at me and not her, it was her fault."
"being a best friend has it's perks," Joy laughed
"Sorrow," Rain gestured again as Sorrow's about to object.
 
While Snow and Joy playfully mess with Sorrows' mind, Rain laughs as they all begin their night. As the night goes on, Joy hands over her present from herself and Sorrow as Snow receives it. Opening it she discovers it as a well knitted blanket.
 
"I hope you like it Snow," Joy said "it's nothing fancy, but i want you to have something from the two of us that may keep you safe and warm at night, weather it be sleeping or watching tv and a movie or just resting on the couch. We want you to know that even though we're not evening in the same room with you, we're still there close to you."
 
"Thank you Joy, it's beautiful," Snow replied
"I guess it's my turn now," Rain says as he stands up
 
"Snow... Thank you for everything, thank you for loving me, thank you for putting up with me, thank you for accepting me, you've given me everything I can ever ask for, you're beauty and perfection in it's purest form, you've given me your heart so I know I'm loved, you given me your mind so I know what you're thinking and feeling, you've given me your body so I know I'm taken care of, everything you've given me I've returned the same, you have everything that is me, you have amazing friend who love you as much as I do, so what else can I give you, what else can I possibly give you to make you happy even more, the only thing I can think of is giving you my soul, when it is my time to go, I choose to stay by your side than to enter heaven alone, it will pain me to not touch you, hug you, kiss you, but I will be by your side forever until we enter heaven together."
 
Snow begins to tear up as she stands and gives Rain a kiss followed by a hug.
"Well said, I couldn't say it any better myself," sorrow says as he stands up
"Rain, that was beautiful," Said Joy
 
As they all stand up and leave the restaurant, both couple says their goodbyes and part ways for the time being. Arriving home Sorrow and Joy rest on the couch as he places his keys, wallet and phone on the table.
 
"Hun... Rains' speech was so beautiful how could he possibly come up with something like that," Joy smiled
"I know," Sorrow replied
"can you express something like that too?" she asked
"yeah," he answered
"let me hear it," she said
"don't you want me to say it at our anniversary or something?" he replied
"Please," she said
 
A moment passes with silence.
"do you love me?" Sorrow asked
"yes, yes I do," joy answered
"when I say I love you, I not only say it to you, but I say it to the whole world so they know that I love this one person."
Sorrow leans towards Joy and whispers into her ear, "I Love You,"
"And..." Joy replies
Sorrow looks into her eyes, "You're the world to me."
Joy tears up just like Snow as she then kisses Sorrow.
"Let's get to bed," Sorrow says as he stands up and walks into the bedroom
Still sitting on the couch Sorrows' phone receives a text message.
 
Hey brother, thanks for everything today, thank you for giving me the words to say to Snow, she couldn't be anymore happy than she was today, I don't know how I could ever repay you, I'm in your debt, thanks.  -Rain-
 
After reading the message, Joy realizes something, everything that everyone said today came from the heart of Sorrow. Rains' words for Snow, the explanation and idea of their present all came from Sorrow. Realizing this fact she stands up and walks into the bedroom, watching him take off his shirt, she walks right up to him and holds his cheeks with her hands. In doing so she gives him a kiss and leans up to his ears and whispers one thing. "I Love You."