Our Last Moment Together

Last Valentine

 

“Honey~ don’t forget to go to our first date restaurant tomorrow, okay?” He so worried that I cannot make my way to High Mountain Restaurant tomorrow. I just smile and nod. “What if I can’t make it?” He asks me. I look straight into his eyes and stop our step. “Why? You have a meeting?” I ask him. He smiles and shook his head. “I can see in your eyes that you want me to stay with you forever.” I pat his head hard. “Stupid you! We made a promise since 5 years old, right? Did you forget it already? You promise me to stay with me forever and protect me with all your life. Forgot?” My eyes were about to stream out the tears since this is his first time he pretends likes he forgets.

“Oh yeah? If only a T-rex come back to life so I can forgot about that. Now, did the T-rex ever exist?” He bends down same eye level with me. “Geez~” I pout and pull my hand out from his pocket and walk away. Even it was February, Korea still have a cool-to-die day. “Baby~” He said softly. “Wh-” I was cut off when I feel a pair of arm wrap around me from my back. “Do you forget what we learnt? A woman body has a warm temperature. Forgot?” He whisper in my ear and make me feel the electric wave in my blood. My cheeks start to burn up.

He breaks the hugs and turns my body facing him. “You know right? Tomorrow is our special year…Our 15th year being a glue and paper, and also our 6th year being a couple…” He says and lands a soft kiss on my forehead. He pulls out and looks straight into my eyes. “Happy Valentine Day, honey.” He said at the same time; pull me into a tight hug from him. “I love you forever~” I smile and hug him even more tight. “I love you too~” In those moment, we melt with our pure love for the long past years.

~~~~~~******~~~~~~

I feel some lights greet up my good morning. Slowly I open up my heavy eyes. I look beside my bed and it was empty. “Sehun~” I call for him. Slowly I get up and lend against the bed stand. At the same time, I notice a note stick at the stand.

“I’m sorry but I got something to do. Let’s meet at the restaurant okay? J

Love, Sehun”

I smile and remember how concern he was. “He stays with me last night just to make sure that I get enough sleep but he end up sleep first.” I giggle by myself. I wake up, walk to the bath, and take a bath. I take nice bath with nice shampoo, soap and facial. After a nice and comfort bath, I go to choose for a nice dress since today is a special day for him and me. I decide to wear something simple but nice.

“Dress, done, what else? Oh yeah, hair…uh, no~ I just have this pretty hair since born and I don’t want to style it with bun or what. Just let it free~ Hmm~ Hair, dress, done.” I think what I should do. At that time, I just remember that I never put any make up on my face accept for compact powder and lips gloss. “Should I try?” I take some times to think for a while. “Yeah, maybe for today.” I sit down in front of the mirror and start to touch up my face.

After 30 minutes, I’m done with all things I need accept some accessories. I put the accessory set that has been given by Sehun on my birthday last year. Some perfume to make sure that I can be more confident with a bit nice smell. However, I don’t think a bit with the hair and skin that still smells soap and shampoo.

Since there’s plenty of times more left, I walk around the shops to find some nice thing to be given to him for our 6th anniversary. I stop at a shop that makes me attract with a nice jacket that will look so awesome if he wear it. I take the chance to buy it for him.

“Your boyfriend must love it miss.” The casher smile at me. I greet her smiles. “I hope so…this is our 6th anniversary.” I try not to make it go awkward. “Wow, both of you must be so lovely together. Well, here.” She said and hand in the wrap. “Oh, yeah.” I take out the customer card. “You have about 1006 points, since today is valentine, our shop give you some special offer…You just need to pay about $50 only.” She said. “Oh, really?” I was so shock ‘cause the real price was about $213. I hand out the $50 note. “Thank you; you also have this as a gift to be our 100th customer.” She says and gives me a box.

About 20 minutes more before the dates really start. I already wait him at the restaurant. “Miss, order?” A waiter comes approach me. “Oh, not yet…” I smile at him. He nods, smiles, and leave. However, 40 minutes passed, he still not showing up yet. Calls and texts have been sent. None of it been reply. I still wait for him about an hour. He still didn’t show up. I keep waiting until a waiter come and told me that the restaurant will close in 10 minutes more.

“This is first time he broke his promise.” I said weakly. In a few more minutes, tears stream down my face. At last, I fall asleep because of the sore eyes. The next morning, I have been wake up by the phone rings. “Hello~ Yes me. WHAT!?” I shout out from my lung. Quickly I wear the sweater and ran through the door.

“Yes miss can I help you?” A nurse asks me. “My name is _____” I told her and she nods. “Ah, follow me.” I follow her and we stop at some place that I won’t ever expect to go. “Wait here.” She told me and get inside. The nurse talks with a doctor inside. The doctor comes out. “I hope you to be strong, miss.” He said and led me inside. When I was inside, I saw a dead body cover with a white blanket. Doctor pulls it down and the first thing I do, my knees feel on the ground and my hand cover my mouth. I cry.

“9.40 p.m time of accident and 10.30, he let his last breath out.” I start to cry aloud. “Why? You promise me!” Doctor just remains silent. Yes, he’s dead. Oh Sehun is dead! “Miss, we really sorry cause we just can call you this morning…His cell phone broken hard…We need some time to repair it and your number was in number 1. Also miss, he have this to give to you before he accident. We found it in his car.” Doctor hand me a piece of paper and a box of chocolate. I take the paper and read it.

 

Dear Honey,

        I love you like all those things that so expensive and precious. But, you more special than those things… Haha~ you know me… I appreciate all things that you have done for me. Even though I felt guilty sometimes, but I’m sorry, I have to burden you even more after this.

        !5th years we being together, 6th years we being a couple. You always stay with me. Never thinking to have other man beside you. You so loyal and that’s make me only can see a girl in front of me. Honestly, the female staff in the office also my own co-worker always tries to seduce me. None of them can seduce me like you. *smirk*

         Your seductive was natural, you don’t need to put on a dozen of perfume to make me smell you scent, no thick make up, no y clothing, no hair dying and no lust to destroy our love. Whatever you do, it’s always natural. That makes me love you even more. Even sometimes, you try to prove my pure love with your body; it always ends up with a kiss and a hug only. I believe that you still pure, you keep it for me when we married.

         Ops! I mention it already… Hehe… I think today is the day that I should shout it out to you. I’m sorry but you need to carry a big burden and troublesome with you next time. It all because, you need to stay by my side forever.

        Read this carefully, four words only and I only want to hear two word from your mouth. ____...would…you…marry…me?

Love, Sehun

 

Tears keep falling down making the paper getting wet. I fold the paper back and take the chocolate box. I open the wrapper and open it. Tears falling non-stop when I look at thing inside. It was a ring shape chocolate and diamond ring. I just can’t say any words and just keep crying silently while kissing his cold hand.