The Curse of A Princess

My Princé Chårmíng !

As soon as you opened your eyes, you felt out of place. 

What the ...? Where am I? This is not my bed.

"Auntie, Uncle, come quick," you heard a voice not too far from you.

I think that's Soo-Yoong's voice. You looked around and saw her coming to the side of the bed. 

" Are you feeling okay? " Soo-Yoong asked with concern seeing you looked so baffled.

You looked at your parent's worried faces. Clearly they were really upset and terrified even to see their only child laying on the hospital's bed. The accident that caused all this was replayed in your head and you shivered. You almost died. 

After you told them everything that had happened, Soo-Yoong quickly spoke her mind," I told you so. This is the consequence from this morning. You're lucky you were saved by someone."

Ignoring what Soo-Yoong just said, Mr. Park asked her daughter," Who saved you?"

" I don't know. How did you guys find out I got in an accident?" This is weird. If the man brought me here, wouldn't they know?

" It was from Uncle Ji-Hyuk's daughter. She's a nurse in this hospital," answered Mrs. Park.

" Oh really," you commented frustatedly not knowing who's your saviour was.

" Are you sure you're feeling alright now?" Soo-Yoong asked again.

" I guess yeah. Feeling hungry though. Have you guys brought any food?"

 

 

"You really don't remember who's the man that saved you?" Soo-Yoong popped the question yet again for the twentieth times and you felt irritated already.

" It's not that I don't remember. It's just that I couldn't really see his face at that time and if you asked me this dumb question again, I'm really going to throw you out the window," you threatened her. " But I do remember something else. He was wearing a yellow jacket and the jacket looked very familiar. I think I've seen it in school before"

" I know! That must be the jacket for the soccer team's official members. They're the only ones that wear yellow jackets in our school," Soo-Yoong speculated with confidence.

" Maybe you're right. Now that I think carefully, it did resemble their jackets," you remarked.

" So, are you going to find him?"

" What for? There are 15 people in that soccer team. You don't expect me to question each and one of them, do you?" 

" Well, you do need to thank him for saving your life," Soo-Yoong added.

" Maybe I will ... if I had the time," you yawned uninterested, pulling your blanket covering your face.

Soo-Yoong just smiled. She knows her well. A-ra's such a headstrong girl and trying to make her do things she don't want to is just futile.

 

 

You were back in school despite the medical leave given by the doctor. As long as you have the energy, you will always come back to school. Not that you like to study so much but being with friends is much better than being alone at home.

" A-ra !!" Soo-Yoong yelled you name from afar while rushing towards you.

Odd. I thought she was coming to school with me just now. How come she's way left behind?

" What's with you? You saw ghost?" you asked half-joking.

By the time she's at your side, Soo-Yoong was breathless.

"The ... The ..." Soo-Yoong struggled to talk as  she was gasping for air.

You raised your eyebrow, couldn't understand a word she said. Not knowing how to say it, Soo-Yoong grabbed your hand and dragged you to the notice board where all the girls gathered.

" Why did you take me here, at this crowded place?" you asked angrily. 

" Look. The chart." 

" So?"

" Can't you see? There's no one on the throne. It's empty," Soo-Yoong raised her voice a notch to match the other loud voices.

" So?" you asked again with no feeling. " Do I look like I want to know? Oh, wait. I do. I do want to know which jerk that never grown tired of putting this crap after I got rid of it yesterday?" you exclaimed.

" How can you say that? You almost got hit by a car because of that," Soo-Yoong sighed listening to her friend.

" Of course I can. By the way, it has got nothing to do with that stupid chart," you began to walk away from the crowd.

Soo-Yoong was frustrated for not having the expected reaction from you," Maybe so, but how can you explain this now? The chart usually appears once a week but after you removed it, it appeared a second time in the same week with no one the throne. This is the first time it happens."

" LOL. Maybe the jerk was so mad that he or she emptied the throne so that the girls will be mad at me in return. Whatever,loser."

" I really don't get you!" Soo-Yoong shook her head weakly. She can't never win in an argument with A-ra. She walked by her side, still unhappy with A-ra about this matter.

" Did you heard about the soccer team's looking for a team manager?."

Soo-Yoong's interest piqued, trying to eavesdrop the two girls that were walking nearby.

"  Yeah. Can you imagine  hundreds of applications were received as soon as the announcement came out? Luckily I managed to send one too."

" What? You didn't even tell me. I want to apply to. Whom should I go to?"

" Rome."

As soon as Soo-Yoong heard his name, her mind was full of ideas. If only A-ra were chosen as the team manager, it would be easier for her to find the man who saved her. Soo-Yoong smiled wickedly as she tried to come up with a plan.

 

 

Ray marched into the commonplace of the soccer team. In his hand was a piece of paper he took out of the notice board yesterday. He directly approached the guy who was busy reading comic in one corner of the room while taking a glimpse of someone who was sleeping with no care. 

" Who put this up?" Ray asked the person.

Siwoo snatched the paper off Ray's hand. After reading it, he chuckled and looked at Ray," I'm guessing whoever it was, he's dead."

" You damn right," said Ray and plopped down beside the sleeping guy.

" Hi, guys !" Rome came in and greeted everyone. As usual, he cracked a smile, his enchanting smile aka his trademark while resting his elbow on Ray's shoulder.

" What's wrong, guys?" 

Siwoo handed the paper to him and before he could read it, he felt there was a heated air around him. Slowly, he glanced over to Ray at his side.

" It's a great idea, right? So, why not?" he tried to convince the others especially Ray who never feel the need to be associated with any girls despite almost the whole population of girls swooning over him.

Ray gave him a dirty look. He knows exactly what's on his mind. A player like him is never alone without a girl by his side. Ray wondered why despite the fact he's a well-known Romeo, the girls still chase after him.

" Well, thank you for your effort. As the reward, run 20 laps after school," said Ray nonchalantly.  

" What?!" 

Ray sighed looking at  his reaction and turned to his other side," And this sleepyhead, it's hard to see him stay awake for just a minute. Wake up !" 

After some attempts, Ray managed to wake his best friend, Kangjun, up.

"Aaa.." he stretched his body lazily while yawning which was a common sight for his friends. That's why he's called The Sleeping Handsome. He loves and could fall asleep anywhere and anytime. It was his hobby.

" I just had a dream .." Kangjun said, still in trance.

" About what? Meeting a pretty little fairy?"

"No," Kangjun looked at Ray with dreamy face," I dreamed of you .. kissing me.."

Pronto, Kangjun's head was stamped  over the desk. He groaned in pain while rubbing his forehead. Fortunately, he's hard-headed, otherwise it would be unbearable. He was refreshed in that instant," That hurts but thanks for the kiss anyway."

 

 

The food tray fell from your grip. The whole cafeteria echoed and soon an uproar ensued. It was a common thing every time it happens. You took a quick look at the girl that bumped into you. She just shrugged while smiling sarcastically to you. Your appetite has immediately gone.

That little b****.

You quickly went and sit by Soo-Yoong. " What luck," Soo-Yoong deliberately remarked, trying to offend you more while kept on eating by herself.

" It was just a dumb chart. Surely I don't deserve this!" you raised your voice a bit higher, making sure everyone around you can hear you.

" I'm sure you're now cursed for what you did, so that's why misfortune keeps finding you," Soo-Yoong explained to your annoyance.

" Oh really? So what's next?  Come at me" you declared arrogantly.

" Now that you asked for it, let me tell you what's next. You have to deal with your most hated thing in the world; soccer. I just registered your name as one of the  applicants for the soccer team's manager," Soo-Yoong declared while chuckling devilishly.

" WHAT !" 

" It is also considered as bad luck, am I right?" Soo-Yoong winked mischievously. 

" How could you?" you were enraged by this unexpected news. " You, of all people, should have known better how I really hate soccer," you growled and settled on your seat.

" I just wanted to help you find your hero. Aren't you curious?Listen, I know for a fact that you are one stubborn fella but the reality remains that one of them soccer team's members rescued you. Remember?" Soo-Yoong said defensively.

" What do you suppose I do after finding him? Reward him a fortune as my thank or better yet kiss his toes one by one? you asked sarcastically. Still unhappy of Soo-Yoong's doings, you can't help but to think that Soo-Yoong is looking for trouble,

" Well, it's up to you whether you want to or not. I have nothing else to say," Soo-Yoong returned to her seat behind yours.

" Fine! I'll go but don't expect me to be so eager about this." Finally you had to agree. Deep down you actually agreed with some of her points. If not to show your gratitude, you still need to know who is it.

Seriously though, what's with this guy? Why you no come and say it to my face, "Hi, I'm the one that saved you the other day"  Then my life will be much easier than exploding my head figure out who the hell you are.

*To be continued*