Bitter Sweet

Unseen

 

Seunghyun heaved a sigh as I finished my story about me and Dara. He was speechless and smirked.

“Jiyong-ahh. You are a total bastard.”

“I know. Even when I try to be a good guy I still end up being a jerk.”

“She felt in love with you Jiyong. And she still does.”

“I knew it but I try to deny it. Because it gives me so much pain when it comes to…..just forget about it. I need some sleep now. I’m so tired.”

That night I couldn’t sleep. Many things appeared in my head. I didn’t know if what I had done was right or wrong. The doctor said my life would be no longer than three months so it meant that this month I could die any time and before it happened I wanted to see my Dara and to make sure that she was doing okay. I was wondering who would be the lucky guy who had slid that ring on her finger. I stood up from bed and walked towards the kitchen when suddenly I passed out.

The next day, I fluttered my eyes open as I saw my Mom, Dad and Seunghyun’s worried look. The room was not my room. I felt very week. A doctor came in to the room and quickly examined me.

“Damn,” I cursed under my breath so weakly that only me could hear it. I knew my time was about to come but I didn’t expect it would be that soon. Deep down in my heart I wished I could see my Dara and tell her how much I love her. That evening, my Mom and Dad came in to my room. My Mom’s eyes were swollen. I guessed she cried all night long.

“Jiyong. Your Umma and Appa want to apologize for what we had done to you. We never cared about you. Why God don’t punish us both and give us your disease instead..” my Mom and Dad cried at the edge of my bed. I weakly reached for my Mom and Dad’s hands and brought them on my chest as I smiled and whispered weakly.

“I love you Umma, Appa. Please don’t cry like that.”

***

That night at the hospital, I didn’t let my eyes close. I was afraid I couldn’t open them anymore. My Mom was falling asleep while holding my hand. My dad was sleeping on a couch at the corner of the room. I smiled remember how I missed them so much. When I was a child, my Mom would take care of me when I was sick and my dad would go panic while entering the room examining my body. I was still ten years old that time when I fell off while climbing a tree near our house. I was always a naughty child but my mom never hit me. At weekends we would go for a picnic only three of us. I didn’t know why suddenly they hated each other. But now I just wanted to remember moments when we were a small happy family. A single tear escaped from my eyes but I wiped it immediately.

I turned my head to the right at the window glass and remember how I spent my two months here watching Dara through glass wall at coffee shop. Then, a moment when I took her to a beach flashed on my mind.

“Jiyong oppa. Is butterfly that beautiful??”

Dara asked me when we sat on the beach.

“Sure. I’ve told you before.”

“I miss seeing butterfly. Last time was before the accident.”

Dara told me that she had an accident when she was twelve years old and it made her blind. She told me the story while holding her tears. I knew it was very hard for her to retell such a story that she wanted to bury forever in a corner of her brain.

A dull ache came to my heart. My Dara, I couldn’t fulfill my promise to her.

“Doctor..!! Please help my Jiyong.. please..” I could hear my Mom’s pleading but my body couldn’t move a bit. Seunghyun, Mom, Dad, Dara…. I’m sorry I couldn’t stay any longer. My Dara, my butterfly, please never forget about me and our memories. I love you.

 

 

*Seunghyun POV

That bastard Kwon Jiyong who acted tough but fragile inside, left me first. What the hell was he thinking?

I went to his apartment right after a week of his funeral. He was like a younger brother to me. He never called me though I was a year older than him. When he got trouble I was always been the person he would call. One day at midnight he got beaten up on a gang fight. He called me and I went there immediately. He was drunk and waved at me enthusiastically like a child.

“Seunghyun-ahh. Why are you late??”

I didn’t answer him and he pouted like a child.

“Okay stand up now or I’ll kick your eyes and make your wounds worse.”

“Omo omo.. Our Seunghyun was sooooo scary.. kkekekekeke.”

I just ignored him and pulled him up.

“Seunghyun-ahh. Do you still remember when you piggy back me back then at junior school?? Ahh.. I miss that moment. Then he hiccupped again.

“Aish.. this brat..”

I kneeled down and patted my back. He happily threw his body on my back and we almost fell to the ground.

“Seunghyun, do you think my step father will hit me?? Wait I’ll answer it. Nooooo.. hahahaha,” he laughed but I was sad hearing it. Since his parents divorced, he turned to be a trouble maker. I didn’t know how many times her Mom came to school because of him. However, I was glad that he finally could finish his study and got a fine job though it was not an easy job to convince him. People at school called me weird but Jiyong never cared about it and stayed friend with me. Knowing him got such a scray disease had broken my heart into pieces. But now, he was all in peace. No one would break his heart anymore.

I was cleaning up his stuff when I found two butterfly craft on his desk together with two envelops. I was curious so I turn the envelops and read the name written on them. My eyes widen and my hands trembled when I read my name on the first envelop and Dara’s name on the second envelop.

I ripped the edge of the envelop and took out the letter.

“Hello Hyung.. I’m sorry for not calling you this way. But I just did it. You should be happy now kekekekeke~

I’m probably sitting in front of you now and laughing at you reading this letter. Don’t worry I’m a nice ghost.. hhahahaha.”

I laughed between my tears.

Hyung, I’m sorry for troubling you but I do think that you are my guardian angel. Remember first time we met? I’ll remind you. I was still eight years old that time. It was Christmas Eve when I got lost near Myeongdong. A police officer took me to police station and there I met you who also lost. You stared at me like you wanted to beat me up. Then I took out a chocolate bar out of my jacket pocket. I knew you wanted it badly. So I offered you some. Then you were transferred to my school. We became friend since then. I didn’t know we could be friend for that long. I am lucky to have you in my life Hyung. Please be safe and happy. Kwon Jiyong is no longer a burden to you so please enjoy your life with Bom unnie. I bet she won’t mad at you anymore because of me. I know she is a good woman so you should marry her and have your own family. Too bad I can’t hold Seunghyun juniors L. Just tell them that their uncle Jiyong love them so much and will protect them from heaven.

Hyung, I know you are bored reading such a long letter but may I ask you a favor?

No I don’t owe some money from people it is what you are thinking right now.. hahaha.

You know Dara right? I had made an agreement with the hospital to give my eyes to Dara if something bad like death happen to me. I told them not to mention my name but I really want you to make sure that everything is okay there. You have probably seen another letter for Dara. Will you please give it to her directly? There are words that I couldn’t express to her directly because I had no time left.

Hyung, if we reborn again, please be my brother. I’m gonna miss you hyung. I’ll watch you from a far. Thank you for everything.

Kwon Jiyong

How can I not miss you Jiyong? I never cried that much but for Jiyong.

Without wasting my time I went to the hospital and they said that Dara just discharged a week ago. Then I went to their florist shop and there I met Dara. She approached me and smiled.

“Can I help you?”

I took out the letter and offered it in front of her. She looked confused but slowly received it.

***

Dara’s POV

“May I know who wrote the letter?”

The man just heaved a sigh.

“Babe are you done there? We need some help here,” suddenly Donghae called me.

“You look so busy. Uhmm may I know who the man is?”

“Oh you mean Donghae? He’s my fiancé and we’re getting married next month so you can hit on me.”

He looked surprised but then I laughed and told him that it was just a joke because he looked so serious.

“Oh. I’ll read the letter later because we are kind of busy right now.”

The man smiled but he looked very sad and I didn’t know why. I didn’t want to mend with his problem so I didn’t ask.

Stupid me I didn’t ask his name.

“Aigoo.. so tired,” I tossed my body on the bed. I had been busy all day but I was happy because after so long I finally could see again and I was no longer a woman who just silently sitting at the corner with some paper craft. I still made the butterfly paper craft because I love butterfly. I was so happy that finally I could get eyes from someone I didn’t know. I insisted on knowing the person’s name but the hospital said it was confidential so I just thanking the person through my prayers every night. I immediately stood up when I remember about the letter. I was very curious about the letter.

The moment I read the first line, my tears immediately run without asking for my permission.

My dear butterly,

How are you? It’s been awhile. Don’t you miss me? I miss you so much.

I don’t think that I could continue reading the letter but as much as I wanted not to read the letter I kept reading the next lines.

I’m in a very beautiful place right now you should be envy. Kekekekekeke~

Dara, I’m sorry for breaking your heart. You’re always been a precious woman to me. Please don’t forget about me. Just forget about those bad memories when I made you cry. I know there’s no use of telling this but I do feel hurt when I see you cry. I’m sorry for not being able to protect you and fulfill my promise. You should be mad at me I know it. It is something that I get for making you hurt. I have my own life now so I hope you enjoy your life as well. When we happen to meet somewhere, then let’s shake hand like an old friend. Please be happy. You will always be my butterfly. And I love butterfly.

 

Jiyong

P.S Butterfly is indeed beautiful right 

P.P.S I send you a picture of mine too 

P.P.P.S Send my regards to your man and ask him to see sunset on the beach together 

P.P.P.S Hengsho 

I immediately grabbed the ripped envelop and found a picture of a guy smiling and wearing a beanie. He showed a V sign. He looked so handsome and I couldn’t help but smiled at the picture. I placed the picture on my chest and closed my eyes. I pictured every moments with him. I finally could imagine his face clearly. Wherever he was right now, I wished I could see him again someday.

Until now, I still couldn’t understand why he gave me his picture and asked me to go with my boyfriend seeing the sunset on the beach if he knew I was blind. However, I believe that Jiyong was happy now and I should be happy too because he asked me so. Jiyong, a man whom I never forget for the rest of my life.

 

 

The End

_________________________

A/N : aigoooo.. i've been having a tough time here recently that i forgot to upload the last chap.. T.T

it's my first Daragon FF so please forgive my bad story n grammar and everything .. but still comment juseyooo.. ^^