My Butterfly

Unseen

 

“Yeoboseyo Umma,”

That morning my Mom called me and asked if everything was okay with me. She said that she was going to visit me this fall together with my Dad.

I heaved a deep sigh as I looked at the ceiling. I could smell something would be going wrong.

It was Sunday morning when Seunghyun came to my apartment. He was always been a person whom I trust. There were secrets I told him and not even my Mom and Dad knew about them. Sorry Mom, Dad. I just didn’t know how to talk with them since they were too busy with their own family. Yes, they were divorced and I was the only child they had. I didn’t hate them. I was just a bit disappointed on how they treated me.

“It’s been awhile. I thought you already forget about me,” I said as I handed Seunghyun a can of beer.

“What?? It was supposed to be me who said that. You used to call me and tell so many random things that made me like talking with a woman,” Seunghyun laughed and made me laugh as well.

“So, Jiyong are you okay?” Seunghyun asked me and try to make it as casual as possible.

I shrugged and took a gulp of the beer.

“You want to go out with me?” I want to show you something.

Seunghyun looked bewildered but then he followed me.

“What is it?? Park Florist?? Are you going to buy me flower?? Jiyong don’t tell me that you…. I…. uhmmm.”

“Ouch! It hurts!” Seunghyun cried as I whacked his head.

“I’m normal you idiot.”

Then I entered the place.

“Welcome to Park Florist. Is there something I ……” the girl bowed but didn't finish her sentence when she looked at me. I didn’t know why but then she blushed. I found it cute though. She had to be Dara’s sister. Durami.

“Ahh.. you are the man who bought flower here two days ago. So how is your man? Did he like the flower?”

Dara’s mom appeared and smiled widely.

I was about to say something when Seunghyun came in.

“Jiyong-ahh. Why did you leave me alone out there?”

Dara’s Mom,Mrs. Park suddenly winked at me and whispered something to Durami. Durami’s eyes widened.

“You both are gay??!!” she yelled shockingly and her mother whacked her head. Thank God only couples of people there and I could see they suppressed their laughter looking at me and Seunghyun argued. It’s still humiliating actually. After explaining everything to Mrs. Park, she together with Durami burst into laughter. Then, I heard someone’s laughter from a corner beside the door. Yes, it’s her laughter. But she was laughing with a costumer. She was there like she used to, sitting alone and doing something with paper craft on a wooden table. Her hair was tied now and her yellow dress made her look stunning and dazzling that I couldn’t take my eyes of her.

“I’m sorry for mistaken you both,” Mrs. Park apologized and also Durami. She said that she felt grateful that I and Seunghyun were not gay. Well, yeah me too, to be honest.

“Mrs. Park. I see some beautiful craft hanging there. Do you sell them too?” I pointed at some butterfly crafts which made of paper hanging at the corner of the shop.

“Yes, my daughter made them herself. You can look around and when you get your eyes set on you can call me,” Mrs. Park left us as she dragged Durami along with her because she looked like she didn’t want to leave me. I had known it actually about the person who made the crafts because she ever gave me once which I kept very well.

“I guess I know why you took me here. Is it about that girl over there? Who’s busying herself making some butterfly craft? I could feel it the moment you saw her,” asked Seunghyun as we paced our steps to Dara.

When we arrived at her spot, she looked so serious folding the paper.

“Oh my God Jiyong she is…..blind”

Seunghyun whispered but I just smiled at the figure in front of me not minding Seunghyun’s surprised look . I knew he would be surprised. Who wouldn’t?  I had surprised a year ago when she was sitting alone on a bench in a park near the hospital where I ever been before because of some serious health problems. It was love at first sight. Her innocence and pure heart had made me realize that true love did exist. My heart beat so fast when suddenly I saw her finger. She was wearing a ring but it was not a ring I gave to her. My eyes widened and I felt like hundreds of nail pinned my heart. My knees were so weak and I almost stumbled if only Seunghyun didn’t catch my arm.

“Jiyong watched your step. You look pale I think we should go back now,” Seunghyun’s voice reached Dara’s ears and it made her suddenly stopped working on her craft. Her expression changed and her voice was trembling as she slowly stood up from her seat.

 “Jiyong. Is that you?”

Instead of answering her question, I quickly walked out of the shop. I was so mad but I didn’t know why and to whom. It was me who left her but I still felt that I didn’t deserve this. My Dara was no longer mine.

 “Hey wait up..!! I think something’s not right here.”

Seunghyun called me from behind as he paced his step to me.

"Not now. Just let's go back. I'm tired."

_____________

next chap is coming soon..!! ^^