I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry
"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to fall asleep so easily... And you even got a muscle ache from me lying on you."

Myungsoo merely shook his head and smiled.

"Why didn't you wake me up so that you could go home?" Sungyeol pouted.

"I couldn't leave the birthday boy alone on his special day, could I?"

The older boy blushed. "Thanks, Soo."

Myungsoo leaned close to him and whispered, "Do you remember what happened yesterday night?"

Sungyeol turned around to face him. He gave Myungsoo a questioning look. However, Myungsoo didn't reply him. He only motioned for Sungyeol to think. After a while, Sungyeol opened his eyes widely and his jaw dropped.

"Did I...to...to you? Was it a -"

Myungsoo leaned in even closer, leaving only a few inches between them.

"No, it wasn't a dream. You... You meant what you said, right?" he spoke.

The other boy became speechless. Yes, he did mean what he said, but would Myungsoo accept it? He was afraid to lose this friend of his. A friend unlike the other good friends he had. Myungsoo was so precious to him - no, he was more than just special to Sungyeol. Myungsoo was a friend, a brother, and if he could, he would have wanted him to become his partner, too.

Sungyeol was scared. Asian countries weren't so open-minded, especially the Korean society. They didn't accept homouals, and to say that they despised them was a total understatement. Not only his classmates and teachers would look down on him, his parents would probably do the same and disown him. He really was afraid. Afraid that this angel in front of him would be the same.

"Yeol, what's wrong?" Myungsoo placed a hand on his shoulder. "Please, I need to know."

He looked into his friend's eyes. They were filled with concern and desperation. Never once had he seen his friend so impatient before. Taking a deep breath, he thought to himself. It's either all or nothing.

"Yes."

There was a long pause. Sungyeol looked down and his lips quivered.

"You know, I...I don't expect anything from you. I'm...I'm sorry. We can still be friends...right?" he managed to blurt out.

The broken silence resumed. Myungsoo still didn't reply. Sungyeol sighed. He knew it. This was going to happen. Of course, Myungsoo would reject him. He was disgusting. He liked a boy. How could he? How dare he? Sungyeol laughed.

"I'm sorry."

With that, he dashed out of the house, leaving the other boy sitting on the couch.

-

"Sungyeol...please..........please pick up."

Myungsoo grasped the phone with a trembling hand.

A minute passed.

No answer.

A single tear rolled down his cheek.

A few more minutes passed.

Still no answer.

The liquid started dripping down uncontrollably.

"Sorry... Yeol, I'm so sorry... I love you." He mumbled, lifting the glass bottle to his lips once again.

-

"Lee Sungyeol! Stop avoiding me. Stop escaping. Settle this, once and for all!"

Myungsoo stormed angrily towards the other boy, ignoring all the stares that were directed at them in the street. Sungyeol feigned ignorance and continued to use his phone. However, the younger was persistent. Upon catching up with him, Myungsoo grabbed his collar and dragged him into an alley, pushing him against the wall.

"Explain!" He hollered, glares burning into the boy's head.

Sungyeol froze. He didn't expect his best friend to act like that. Never had he lost his temper before. But, he decided to toughen up so as to not appear weak in front of the other guy.

"Explain what? There's nothing to explain, isn't it?" Sungyeol gave a cold expression towards Myungsoo.

He chuckled. "This is all very simple. You find me disgusting, that's why you didn't answer then. And therefore I decided not to bother you any longer. Nobody wants to be with a despicable homoual, right?"

Looking into Myungsoo's eyes, he continued. "Now, leave me alone, and I won't bother you either."

Myungsoo was shocked. So it was all his fault. He was surprised that day, that's why he didn't reply. He loved Sungyeol, but it was hard for him to say it out loud. He wasn't the type to express his inner feelings so easily. Yet, he was misunderstood.

"Shut up...shut up...SHUT UP!" He screamed, hurling his other fist into the brick wall.

In between his loud pants, he managed to say something. "Stop it...please. Stop it."

Myungsoo slowly released the other boy's collar and collapsed on his knees. Sungyeol widened his eyes and dropped down to support the boy. He looked towards Myungsoo. The look in his teary eyes were lost, - they were dead.

"Yeollie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I just couldn't bear it anymore." He said, as a tear flowed down his face.

He cupped Sungyeol's cheeks and continued, "I can't live a day without you...I...I love you."

The older male blushed. His angel just confessed to him. He didn't think he was disgusting. They actually loved each other. Smiling broadly, he hugged Myungsoo.

"Thank you. Thank you for accepting me."

Myungsoo smiled and hugged him even tighter, as if he would lose him any moment. Sungyeol rested his forehead on his shoulders and sniffled. Wiping away his tears, he spoke.

"I love you, Soo. I really do."