Chapter 1

Welcome to YG Arts School

Dara quickly grabbed her backpack as she rushed out the door. Once again, she was late for school.

"Mr. Kim will kill me. I didn't even start on the essay!" Dara grumbled. She hoppped on her bicycle and started pedaling. Her school, YG Arts School, was ten minutes away from her house. At this rate, she'd be late for sure.

She whizzed past her friend Bom's house and saw the redhead run out of her house as well.

"Late again, Bom?" Dara called out as she rode by. Bom snickered. She parked her bike on her friend's driveway and leaned against it.

"Look who's talking, Dara! You're always late. Anyways, wanna ride my car? Mom's gonna drop me off today." Bom said as Mrs. Park stepped out of the house. Dara agreed.

"Hey mom, Dara's going to ride our car today." Bom said, pulling open the door of her mom's car.

"Okay, sweetie." Mrs. Park said, smiling. Dara quickly pulled her bicycle into the back of the car and got in. Bom and Dara giggled together during the whole car ride until Mrs. Park drove up to the tall gates of YG Arts School.

"We're here, girls." Mrs. Park announced. Both girls pulled on their bags and stepped out of the car. Dara moved her bicycle to the racks near the security hut and fastened the lock.

"Bye, mom!" Bom called as she drove away. Dara pulled her student ID card from her wallet and pressed it onto the scanner at the gates.

"Welcome, Sandara Park." a robotic voice said as the gates clicked open. She hurried in, stuffing her card back in her bag. Bom did the same.

"Let's hurry up. We're five minutes late for the morning assembly." Bom said as they started running. Dara nodded and the two began running towards the large main building. 

When they arrived at the doors of the auditorium, they heard Mr. Yang, the headmaster-slash-founder of YG Arts School, talking about the new student schedules. 

Dara turned to Bom and whispered.

"We should sneak in when everyone starts clapping. No one will notice us then." Bom nodded in agreement.

Right that moment, they heard clapping from behind the doors. Dara grabbed the door handle and was about to pull it open when Bom grabbed her arm.

"Wait! I need to brush my hair!" Bom squealed, pulling out a hairbrush. She began frantically brushing her long, cherry-red hair. Dara rolled her eyes and quietly snuck in. She grinned when she saw CL and Minzy, her friends, waving at her wildly from her back. Bom had obviously texted the girls about their late arrival beforehand.

"Bommie! CL and Minzy are waiting for us at the back. Meet you there, okay?" Dara typed on her BlackBerry. She shoved her phone into her blazer pocket and began running towards her friends when she tripped on something. Luckily, she landed on her knees instead of on her face, which she normally did.

"What the?!" Dara squeaked as she got up. She heard snickers coming from the aisle behind her. Angrily, she whipped her head around and came face-to-face with Kwon Jiyong, leader of the "popular" crowd. 

"Oops, sorry." Jiyong sneered. His leg was stuck out into the aisle, and Dara realized that she had tripped over his leg.

"What's your problem?" huffed Dara, gathering her stuff. 

"What do you mean, Dara?" Jiyong said, blinking his eyes innocently. She glared at him and was about to swear when someone pulled her arm and began dragging her towards the back.

"Not the time to flirt, Dara!" Bom hissed, her manicured nails digging into Dara's arm.

"But Bommie, he tripped me!" whined Dara, ignoring the fact that she sounded extremely childish. Bom sighed.

"Deal with it later, then. Let's just get to our seats before we get detention." Bom whispered as they sat down. Dara smoothed her skirt and tried to pay attention, but her mind kept going back to Kwon Jiyong. She never really liked him because he always played nasty pranks on her. For example, last year, Dara had accidentally slipped in the cafeteria and spilled orange juice all over his pants. The next day, she found her locker door glued shut and spray-painted puke green.

"Minzy, why is Jiyong so mean to me?" Dara suddenly asked, turning to the maknae of their group.

"He's mean to you?" Minzy said, her brows knitting in confusion.

"Of course, don't you remember the locker incident?" Dara whispered.

"Oh, right! But that's the only really 'big' incident that's happened, isn't it? Other than that, he just sticks to dissing you." Minzy pointed out. Dara pouted, upset that Minzy was right.

"Aw, unnie, chill. Maybe Jiyong oppa teases you because he likes you." Minzy said, smiling. Dara sighed and crossed her arms over her navy blazer. The purple-haired girl patted Dara's arm in a comforting way before turning back to face the stage, where the headmaster was still talking.

"And now, I'd like to introduce our newest student - Minho Choi!" Mr. Yang was saying. There were sudden gasps and cheers as soon as he finished his sentence. Confused, Dara looked at the entrance door. When she spotted the source of attention, she dropped her phone and gaped.

'Oh. My. God.'