The Mentors

Infected With The Sound Of Your Voice

~Baby talk, talk, talk to me~

"Sang-Hee...your phone is ringing...answer it." Eun Rae groaned as she shoved her face into her pillow and then proceded to blindly throw some sort of stuffed animal at me. How she had managed to hit me on the head with the plush toy with out so much as glancing up from her barrier of down feathers was beyond me. This was the price I paid for sharing a room with the younger girl. I didn't really mind though, we got a long just fine.

I reached over to my bedside table and felt around until I located my ringing phone. Finally, I picked it up and squinted as I read the screen. It was only 8:30, and already Manager was calling. "Jo-eun Ah-chim Manager..." I said with a soft yawn.

"Finally! You're the only one who actually answered their phone! Everyone else sleeps so heavily..." Manager said with a sigh. Clearly, she had called everyone else before me aside from Eun Rae. She probably just went down in order from age. Yeon-Seo never lets anyone interupt her beauty sleep, Ae-Cha turns her phone off at night, and Hei just slept through anything like that.

"Yeah...everyone else is a little difficult to get ahold of in the morning..." I answer. Now all I had to do was wait until she told me the reason why she called us all in the first place.

"Anyways, now that I finally got contact with you...I thought I should let you know, your mentors will be arriving a bit ahead of schedule. And by a bit...I mean like...an hour from now. So um, good luck with that, I will see you guys in a few minutes." Manager said quickly before hanging up on me. Now, I had the task of waking everyone from their slumber. First, Eun Rae.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and lightly stepped over to Eun Rae's bed. "Eun Rae...Eun Rae...we have to wake up. Our mentors will be here soon." I said softly, nudging her shoulder ever so softly.

"Oh! Really?! Now that is a reason to wake up!" Eun Rae said, instantly lighting up when I made mention of the mentors. She always was a very exciteable person.

Well, that was one down...and I probably didnt have to wake the others alone anymore. As Eun Rae had already sprung out of bed and was now skipping down the hall, chanting 'The mentors are coming, the mentors are coming!' at the top of her lungs. That very action managed to wake up both Ae-Cha and Hei. The latter of the two girls was very displeased with her awakening, but was awake regardless. At least she hadn't tried to stay in bed. Eun Rae probably would have ended up jumping on Hei's bed until she woke up, and that would have made the older girl even more cranky. Now, it was time to wake up Yeon-Seo. That was sure to be a terrfying task, one that I had normally left up to Ae-Cha. But...Manager had told me to wake everyone up. Thus I was determined to do so.

Yeon-Seo was the only one with her own room since she was our leader. And with an odd number of us, one was bound to get a room to themselves. No one else needed as much space for their things as Yeon did so, we let her have the single room. If the leader was happy, everyone was more or less happy as well.

As quietly as I could, I opened Yeon-Seo's bedroom door and tip-toed across the hard wood flooring until I was right at the head of the bed. Looking down at Yeon, I saw a side of her I wasn't used to seeing. She looked calm for once. When she was awake, she had this harsh exspression in her eyes, not a look of anger but rather worry. Yeon was always concerned for us younger members, trying to make sure we were all happy and safe. She really was a loving person, but it wore her thin over the course of a day. It was apparent that the only time Yeon-Seo was calm was in her sleep, I felt bad about needing to wake her up. Though I still knew that out of everyone in INFECTION, she would want the most amount of time to ready herself for the day. Surely she would appreciate me waking her up. Right?

"Yeon-Seo...we have to wake up now okay? Manager will be here in a few minutes, and our mentors will be here in an hour." I said softly, gently poking at her shoulder as I did so. I continued my barrage of poking until finally, Yeon-Seo opened her eyes and looked at me blankly.

"Did you just say they will be here in an hour?" Yeon asked, seeming quiet calm.

"Um...yeah I did." I replied, a little shocked that the other girl was being so relaxed about her lack of time.

"Thanks for the wake-up call Sang-Hee but you have to leave now. I only have less than an hour to look fabulous..." Yeon-Seo said, climbing out of bed and lifting me up. Still in shock, Yeon carried me all the way to the door, set me down outside of it and shut it behind me. At least everyone was awake. Now, I could actually focus on preparing myself for the day. Eun Rae and Hei were already done dressing, Ae-cha was most likely still deciding what to wear. Before I could do much else to prepare the dorm for company, I myself had to get ready.

Once back in the sanctity of my room, I could begin my daily routine. I went to my side of the small room and open my closet, browsing through my clothing. What to wear today...eventually I decided on a simple pair of blue skinny jeans, an bright orange tanktop and a dark purple zip-up sweater. Comfortable but still looked pretty good. Feeling as though I needed a little something else, I put on a simple black barret, using some bobby pins to secure the woolen cap to my hair. There, perfect. A small amount of eyeshadow, some eyeliner and mascara and I was satisfied with my appearance. A quick trip to the washroom to brush and floss my teeth and I was completed. With that, I walked out of my room and pranced down the hallway into the living room where the other girls, minus Yeon-Seo were waiting. Manager was already here as well.

"Hello everyone. I hope you all slept well." I said with a smile. I hadn't awoken the majority of the people in the room, therefore I felt some polite greetings were in order.

"I slept very well Sang-Hee, thank you for asking. Hei-Ryung appreciates it as well, she won't say anything though." Ae-cha said, recieving a glare from her room mate. I giggled a little under my breath and took a seat on one of the couches, pulling my knees up to my chest and wrapping my arms around my shins. This was surprisingly a very comfortable position.

Not quite a half hour had passed before the door bell rang. The mentors were here already?! Instantly, I tightened my grip around my shins and bowed my head into my knees. Attempting to hide for as long as I could. I was so nervous. It was weird enough that we were going to debut as a group, let alone being mentored but a very famous group. Would I be star struck? I really hoped not, that would be so embarssing!

"I'll get it! I'll get it! No one move! I got it!" Eun Rae shouted happiliy. Though no one was trying to steal her thunder and get to the door before her, she continued shouting the reassurance that she had it.

All I could do was listen as the door creaked open and Eun Rae greeted out guests with overwhelming amounts of enthusiasm. Slowly, the large living room and the couches in it were filled by a multitude of people, all male from as far as I could tell. Slowly, I looked up from my curled up state and looked around at the new faces that had taken over the room. I only had to look at one or two faces to know who it was. One of my favorite groups ever. Super Junior was our mentor group. I was beyond shocked, I was so surprised.  I glanced around at the other members of my group to see their reactions.

Eun Rae, just seemed plain excited with the fact that we were going to learn from one of the best in the industry, and that these guys were very entertaining from what we knew. Ae-Cha looked intrigued, wondering how this would work out. Hei-Ryung tried to hide it, but she was throughly impressed with the idols in our prescence. Just as I was about to inquire where Yeon-Seo was, she walked into the room, looking as well put together and beautiful as everyday.

"Super Junior huh? I'm glad I took that extra five minutes on my hair in that case." Yeon-Seo said with a dashing smile. Of course, she was just playing around. But...that comment made me wish I had spent a little longer on getting ready.