The Usual

The Usual

THE USUAL

[I]It's just the usual... walking, talking... or maybe not.

PRESENT DAY

Seoul, South Korea

It's one of the craziest walks around the city again. Same day. Same time. Like the usual, the air was cold that everyone made sure to get themselves tucked in order to avoid the harshness of the strong wind.

They started off walking the usual path out of the school- both complaining of an aching foot, both claiming tiredness, both claiming the desire to go home - wishing their class would be over soon, wishing it would be a short-distance walk. But actually one of them isn't completely feeling the same. She didn't mind at all. This, after all, is the only time they could actually talk.

The walk was, like the usual, long. 30 minutes to be exact and they had the chance to engage themselves to a little conversation despite that glaring fact that they could only make out of anything due their language barriers. One attempts and the other is just so willing to learn. It was a nice conversation- at least that's one of them thinks. They continued on walking and after a while talking to the other members of the class. One tried to use of the common language they have and had the urge to ask the other something personal-the question has long been thought of from the very first day and it's just that this person's nature to blurt out things naturally as if it wasn't that personal at all. The other didn't mind and was more than willing to answer. The former was delighted at the response since the latter was rather a private person- thus believing their relationship has improved. But then the information given has proven first person's impression about the other right. Giving all smiles but utterly disappointed.

The walk continued and finally, they arrived at their destination. Since the two of them were not walking together now, one of them looked back only to find the other pouting.

"What's with the face." one says rather amused.

"I'm tired." he says in a sulking tone and the former was fighting the urge to laugh but rather fails. It's just so cute. She thinks then she was reminded that they /were/ both tired even before the walk started. "and because i want to go home already." was added in a bit lower tone afraid their professor might hear them.

The other smiles, still amused and is reminded of someone, and feels a little bit too happy despite the disappointment from the earlier event.

Alas the walk was over and all they need to do was to go all the way back to the station to be able to get home. While waiting, she asks their classmates about birthdays and stuff being the random person she was, while the other was, like the usual, staring somewhere else, making as little interaction as possible. One of their friends brought out a bread and happily shares it with everyone. She remembers to call the other at the thought of their earlier conversation that the latter was complaining about hunger. He complies wondering what could it be this time.

"What is it?"
"Bread." was the plain reply, hands moving towards the other to imply the intent to offer food expecting the other to take it by hand but was bit taken aback as the latter opened his mouth to accept the food.

She blinks. That was really unexpected. She couldn't believe it.

"Thanks." he mutters after swallowing the bread.

The train arrives. It was a rush. The next thing they know they were bowing their thanks for the day to their professor.

It was time for another goodbye. and she mentally counts on how many more before it's the final.

Not one of them says goodbye just glances.

A hurried 'the train's here!' interrupts and she mutters something but doesn't voices it out loud.

She smiles at the other.

There's a next time.