Final

That Potato Seller


That potato seller.
  - - shifeng.  

The cold winter breeze blew throughout Seoul mercilessly. The streets were barren except for a few couples who made their way around quickly, rushing to get home. At the corner of the street was a potato stand where a handsome young man stood. A few girls were in line to buy potatoes, an excuse to make conversation with him. Although he knew their true intentions, he just smiled and conversed with them politely. 

A black van was coming down the road at a slow pace, turning the corner. A girl with long brown hair glanced out the window, eyes lingering on the male. She turned to the front and spoke to her driver.

"Oppa, go backwards a little." 

He gave her a small nod in response as he reversed the van, coming to a stop in front of the potato stand. She picked up her wallet from the seat next to her then gracefully exited the van. The girls who were standing at the stand, gushing over his good looks took notice of the girl and gasped in surprise.

"Omo, it's Ailee!" 

She politely flashed them a smile as she approached the stand. Meeting eyes with the male, she nodded towards the remaining potatoes.

"I'll buy those."

He awkwardly nodded and quickly placed the potatoes into a bag for her. Opening her wallet she hands him one million won.

"Keep the change. This is my last present for you." 

He hesitantly accepts the money. She nods towards the potatoes.

"You can eat those."

With a bitter smile, she leaves. He watches the van drive off then looks down at the potatoes and money in his hands. He scoffs in disbelief, not knowing how to react.

 

Play this for effect.

 

"Yah~" she pouts as he pokes her cheek, making him laugh. The couple were holding hands, happily strolling in the park. As they reach the bridge, he whips out a video camera. They laugh together and full around while he holds the camera up, filming them. 

A tear rolls down her cheek as she recalls the happy times they had shared as a couple. Everything changed after he started going with his friends to night clubs, meeting other girls...

The couple were walking across the bridge, a big gap between them. An awkward atmosphere hung around them. Determined to get rid of the awkwardness, the girl takes two large strides over to the male and loops her arm around his. He recoils as though he had hit him, shaking her arm off violently. She tries again but he shakes her off,  almost slapping her as he shouts at her. Her eyes widened in shock. She stares after him sadly as he leaves.

 Taking a glance at the potato in his hands, he realizes it has turned cold. He suddenly feels nostalgic and regretful. Why had he pushed her away? She was the best thing that had ever happened to him...

Sobbing, she decides to end things with him. After all, he had hurt her too much. She recalled all the pathetic reasons he had given her like, "You're not beautiful enough" and "You have no sense of fashion". She did not want to entertain him and his foolishness any longer. She still loved him but why hurt herself? Whipping out her phone, she sent him a text to show they were officially over, like he had wished.

너... 벌받을거야...

*You are going to be punished.

She roughly wiped away her tears. She should not be crying, she should be laughing. She should be happy because she had made him regret his descision. She was a good girlfriend while those girls he had met with after her were nothing but easy girls who wanted his money. Apalled by his behaviour, his father had cancelled all his cards and thrown him out of the house. The girls left him then, leaving him with nothing but a regretful heart. She was living the high life now, while he was nothing but a potato seller down the street. Although he may not know it, her heart still belonged to him. 

"Maybe one day, I will forget you. Maybe  oneday you'll be nothing but that potato seller to me."

 


There. lol. I think it's kinda y but eh, I just wanted to get my AileexRohJihoon feels out.

Hope you liked it! Do leave comments~~