002

Dear Diary, I Love LJoe

Dear Diary, 

Today is the 11th of October, yes it is my birthday.

As usual I am home alone.

My mother had left my father and I.

It seems as if no one likes to be with me on a special day like today. 

But today is actually better than the others. 

Because Teen Top noticed me. Teen Top. I have known them my whole life. 

But why is it that they noticed me today? Why today?

Was it something I did? Something I said? The world may never know. 

Anyways Happy birthday to me!

 

I closed my diary and put it on my nightstand. I will probably only write in it if something important has happened. I walked downstairs and saw that the lights were off. "Weird I don't remember turning the lights off." I said scratching my head. 

I walked into the kitchen hallway to turn the lights on when someone walked in from the living room holding a cake. "Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da! Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da! Sareng ha neun Miyoung shi! Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da! Woohoo!" Appa shouted excitedly. 

I started to cry. "Miyoung ah, why are you crying?" He asked setting down the cake.

"Thank you so much for this Appa. Without you I really don't know where I would be in live. Thank you for not abandoning me like Umma." He hugged me. 

"Blow out the cake before the candles melt!" Appa exclaimed. I made a wish and blew them out. "Let's take a picture!" Appa brought out his old camera and snapped a picture of us. "Keep this. Let's take another one so I can have one as well." This time we made a funny face and the picture came out great. 

We ate the cake and watched some TV. A couple hours later, Appa said, "Alright young lady. It's time for you to go to bed. Up you go! You don't want to have baggy eyes in the morning for not having enough sleep."

I obeyed my father and kissed him on the cheek. "Goodnight Appa!" I said walking up the stairs to my bedroom. I opened up Twitter on my phone. 

Happy birthday to me!

I exited out of Twitter and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair. After I was done I set my alarm to precisely 6 a.m. Not long after I fell asleep. 

 

"I wanna love you all day,

Wanna love you all night

You got me feelin' so hot

Oh yeah oh yeah

I wanna love you all day,

Wanna love you all night

You got me feelin' so hot

Oh yeah oh yeah"

 

I woke up my lovely alarm clock. It was my favorite part of a famous band called Teen Top. What was weird was that the band and the guys from my school have the same names and they look exactly alike. 

I got up from my bed and went to do my daily routine. I took a shower and blowdryed my hair. I french braided my hair and put on a flower headband. Satisfied with my look, I went to my closet to choose my outfit. 

I picked out a pair of ripped jeans and a flowy type of shirt. I decided it was best not to wear my glasses today even though I knew I would get bullied by Sookyung. I grabbed my bag, making sure I didn't forget my diary, my jacket and my phone and headed downstairs. 

 

Miyoung, 

Have a great day at school! I packed you lunch.

Don't forget to eat breakfast.

Love, your father

 

Appa never forgets to write me notes in the morning. He always packs me lunch. I'm very thankful to have him as my father. I would never replace him. I put the lunch inside my bag just in case I might have forgotten it. I took out a bowl from the cupboard, grabbed cereal and milk. 

I took a seat at the dining table and poured the cereal into my bowl. "Aish, I forgot a spoon." I got up to grab a spoon and sat back down. I poured the milk into my bowl and started to eat. I took a look at my phone to check the time and it was already 6:45 a.m. 

"I have about 15 minutes left until school starts. Oh! I have emails from Twitter." I opened up Twitter and looked at my profile. My eyes widened. 5 new followers?! I clicked on the followers button and it was all Teen Top except one that had followed me. 

"Byunghyun didn't follow me?" I asked myself and just shrugged my shoulders. It said that they had replied to my tweet.

Happy birthday to me!

@therealmiyoung: Happy birthday Miyoung noona! Don't forget to invite me to your birthday party! - Changjo

@therealmiyoung: Happy birthday Miyoung ssi! Live it up :D - Niel 

@therealmiyoung: Happy birthday Miyoung ssi! Hangout with us sometime! - Ricky

@therealmiyoung @teentopschangjo: Happy birthday Miyoung ssi! Oh, don't forget me too! - CAP

@therealmiyoung: Happy birthday Miyoung ah! Sit with us at lunch! - Chunji

"Chunji wants me to sit with them at lunch? That's got to be a joke!" I said to myself. I quickly washed my bowl and spoon and put it in the dishrack. I chuckled at the boys tweets and replied once I was able to find a seat on the bus. 

@teentopschangjo: Thank you Changjo ssi! And I'm not sure if I'm going to have a party. 

@teentopsniel: Thank you Niel ssi!

@teentopsricky: Thank you Ricky ssi! Maybe I will :D

@teentopscap: Thank you CAP ssi! Like I said to Changjo ssi, I don't know if I'm going to. No one would come except you guys :(

@teentopschunji: Thank you Chunji ssi! It's alright, I'll be at the rooftop again. 

After replying to them, the bus arrived in front of the school. I had ten minutes left to spare and I had to grab something from my locker. I opened up my locker and grabbed one of my binders I needed. After closing my locker I rushed to my first class.

I took a seat in the back row as usual. I saw a shadow near me and I already knew who it was even without looking at her. "What's with your new look today? Are you trying to impress Teen Top or something? Because honey it's not working."

I turned my head towards her, "Don't call me honey." 

"I can call you whatever I want to, nerd." She smirked then walked back to her desk. There was that word again. Tears threatened to fall. I tried to stop them, but it just started falling down.

"May I please go to the bathroom?" All the teachers loved me because I was a straight A student. 

"Is something wrong Miyoung ssi?" Mr Jung asked. 

"A-ah no. I just need to use the bathroom." He nodded his head and gave me the pass. I was walking to the bathroom hoping not to get caught by anyone, but I bumped into someone. "Mianhe!" The person said helping me up. "Oh it's you." I looked up and saw Byunghyun standing in front of me. 

"Is something wrong?" He asked and I just shook my head. My eyes must have been red even though I hadn't cried that much. "Come with me." He grabbed my arm and pulled me along with him. He brought me up to the rooftop. We sat in silence until he sighed. 

"Mianhe..." I apologized.

"What are you sorry about?" He asked. 

"For bumping into you. For you dragging me up here. For wasting your time." I said and hung my head low. 

"It's alright. I was the one who bumped into you. And don't worry I didn't want to stay in my class either. I'm just surprised Mr Jung let me leave." I looked at him confused. 

"You have Mr Jung right now?" I asked and he nodded his head. 

"Yes we have the same class right now. Mr Jung told me to go check on you so he knows where I am right now." Byunghyun explained. I nodded my head understanding. "So why were you crying?"

"Um... Sookyung was bullying me again." 

"That girl just doesn't know when to stop does she? Well if you hangout with us from now on you won't be bullied again. I'm sure the guys would love to have you hangout with us from now on." Byunghyun said. 

"Thanks for the offer, but I would rather not. I don't really like the attention." I said. Byunghyun didn't ask the reason why which made me curious why he didn't ask. "We should probably get back now." I got up and he got up as well. "Thanks for bringing me up here."

"No problem. If you ever need anyone to talk to just tell me and I'll be here." He said saluting.

"Promise?" I asked. 

"Promise." He said and we locked pinkies and pressed our thumbs together. 

The rest of the day I felt really happy knowning I had actually made a friend. I thought Byunghyun was always the cold one out of Teen Top, but I guess I was wrong. I shouldn't have assumed he was cold. This is the start of a new friendship.