Heroin

Girl Anachronism

  I looked at the clock. It was Monday, right? I clicked on the calander on my computer to ensure, and yes, indeed it was. Should I go? Should I not? I'll go, I guess.

  I walked slowly across my room and back to my dresser, opening another drawer. I slipped on a tight sweater and shorts with it. 

  I really didn't like showing off my arms. I know wearing long sleeves with shorts might look stupid, but my arms had several different burn marks on them and several different scratch marks. The scratches were mostly from having panic attacks out in public. My left arm was raw and extremely pink from scratching the skin off. It never really grew back. 

  I grabbed the keys and headed down to my car.

 

 

  Group therapy isn't really everything they make it out to be in the movies. At least not mine. We play card games and get-to-know games. Games about feelings. Lots and lots of games. And ping-pong. 

  Actually, I'm going to talk about ing ping pong for just a second. What the does ping-pong even MEAN? It's in all these mental-hospital movies. It was in Forest Gump. I don't even- ing ping-pong. 

  I took my usual spot on the couch and grabbed all the pillows before the others arrived. I tucked my knees into myself, and piled the pillows around me, making a fort around my body. The others were sort of used to it by now. I was mostly comfortable with them, but it still just felt weird without the pillows, like I'd fall apart. 

  The others started arriving, and the intern-therapist gave me my special blanket that they brought for me. I draped it above the pillows, and rested my head on top of it while everyone got settled. 

 I noticed a new face and automatically tensed a bit. I looked over to Tablo (my therapist, and the leader of the group), confused. He just nodded, reassuringly. "Everyone, this is Amber. Tell Amber hello." And everyone did, except for me. I didn't feel comfortable at all. i was glad I had the pillows and the blanket, though. I dug my nails into my arm, despite the other comfort methods.

 She sort of just smiled lightly and waved, bowing her head.

 

 The rest of the visit went on fine. We just sort of talked and goofed around. I didn't talk to Amber, at all, though.

 At the end of the hour, Berry told us to settle down.

 "We're playing a game." It perked everyones interest. 

 "Who in the room do you think is the most helpful?" They pointed at the one guy, Jo Kwon. He nodded and smiled.

 "A year ago he was really messed up, though. He went through a lot. He may seem happy now, but he really has changed." 

  He nodded, again, but with a more serious face. The girl across from him, Victoria, touched his shoulder gently and smiled. 

 "Who do you think is the smartest?" They pointed at Victoria this time.

  "Who do you think is the smartest?" He repeated. We looked around confused. Then, he explained.

  "There's two types of smart. Book-smart, which Victoria is. She's the smartest book-wise. But theres also the kind of people who realize the things around them. The bad things. They're so smart, they're depressed. So, who is the smartest?" 

 He gestured to Amber. 

 I studied her for a bit before looking back to Tablo. 

 "Who do you think had the hardest time coming here?" Everyone pointed to me this time. I laughed nervously, sinking into my pillows a bit, and everyone laughed comfortingly and moved on.

 This went on for a bit, before it came back to me.

 "Who do you think is the most creative?" 

 Jo Kwon pointed to himself and laughed, talking about the adventure he had in Wal Mart. 

 Tablo shook his head. 

 Everyone was confused, again.

 Tablo pointed at me. 

 Tablo was probably talking about what I told him recently. That thing that I have. I'm not going to tell you what or who it is, because it's mine. But you can guess, if you'd like.

  I blushed again and everyone mumbled, talking about how they could see that. 

  A bit more time went by, and it was finally 7. Some of us got up, some of us stayed. I for one, did not want to be around this many  people right now. 

  As I walked out, I saw Jo Kwon stop in front of me. 

 "Hey! This isn't in a weird way, but could I just get your number? Just incase you need anything." I nodded and typed in my name and number and smiled.

 

 

 After i got home, I recieved a text. "This is Jo Kwon." I replied with, "This is Jia, over and out."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Last Monday was my GT appointment. It was fun, and that's what happened, down to the very last detail. Except my therapist is not Tablo. Sadly.