Chapter 1

What the hell did I think

“They should have waked up by this time. What did take them too late?”.

 

Questions began to pop up in Key’s head, tingling violently. “Can smell something wrong here, I must check up my baby”, Key thought with determined eyes before his head could be exploded. He climbed up stair and was welcomed by rustles, whispers from the room which marked with a small wooden board, sketching with frogs and mushrooms drawn by own Key’s hand, hanging on the door indicating “2min”. Key tried his best to prevent his eyes ball from dropping to the floor, silently moved then glued himself to the door and pressed his ear to pick up what was happening inside his baby’s room.

 

“Minho hyung, can you manage to get it out? We have been through this for nearly half an hour”. Taemin whispered.

 

“Minnie, be patient, would you? Bear a little bit with me as we need to do it slow, carefully or it will hurt. Actually I’m quite nervous as this is my first time doing it”. Minho whispered back to Taemin , tried to calm the small boy down.

 

“Minho hyung, just by looking it at first, I feel hurt already. Up to now, seriously, we stay like this for 30 minutes without much progress. My lower body hurts so much, hyung. All you have to do is slide in there”. The impatience Taemin grumbled but still in a whisper.

 

“OK. We need to hurry or we will miss the breakfast. Taemin, could you hang me the tissue box there? I need to clear the mess once I get it out”. Minho’s warm breath covered Taemin’s ear.

 

Key could feel hot steam blow out of his ears as boiling blood flew in each of his veins. His hands formed in fist, shaken in anger. He screamed through the grind teeth.

 

“YAH! CHOI MINHO! HOW DARE YOU PUT YOUR HAND ON MY BABY! I’LL PEEL YOU ALIVE!”

 

Throwing himself to the door, Key took all his power to get into the room as he only thought about how to save Taemin from “creepy hands” of Minho. His innocent baby Taeminnie was on his top concern. Invaded successfully to the room, his eyes blinked a million times for the scene before him.

 

There was Minho squatting with hands putting on Taemin’s shoulders. Covered by the huge shade from Minho was his precious baby, squatting as well, with tissue box in his hand. Both of them turned their heads towards Key and gestured “SHHHHH!!!!”.

 

“YA….”

 

“SHHHHHHHHHHH!!”. Taemin raised his tiny index finger to his lips, giving signal for his Key-umma to keep silent. Then he pointed to the corner of the room where a very small creature with light yellow colour stood. Just by then, Key’s cat eyes met it, blinking with confused and heading back to Taemin seeking for answer. His almighty knowledge let him know that the creature was a CANARY.

 

“Umma, Perhaps it got to our room from the open window but it was injured. Please don’t move Umma. Minho hyung tried to get near and get it cured. We watched it since then but we still can’t come close to it due to the corner and Minho hyung worries he may hurt it more. Umma, my legs hurt so much because of squatting”. Taemin explained honestly with his eyes pleading to his Umma.

 

“Oh.My.God!”. It was Key’s turn to whisper. “What the hell in my head?”, Key murmured in his fading tension as his body temperature was back in normal.

 

“Baby, let Almighty Umma help the poor bird for both of you. I really don’t want my baby to skip breakfast”. Key approached two younger boys, patting their heads. As light as feather, he slid to the corner, reached his hand in slow motion to the poor canary injured on its wings, trembling in fear and hurt. At last, he could touch the canary and lifted it up, cautiously wrapping it in his hand and bringing out to the young boys. Taemin let out a relief sigh and helped Key to cure the bird. Minho ran out of the room and came back with a small carton box for the bird to rest there. They together fed the yellow bird and brought the box near the window. It was for the return of the bird to the nature once it could completely healed.

 

“So Umma, it seems you yell at something before entering our room. Is there anything, Umma?”, Taemin turned to Key, innocently asked with puppy eyes.

 

“Ah, ah, it’s nothing my dear”, Key swallowed hard for his sinful thought towards those cute boys. “Time for breakfast my dear, today menu is omelet, toasted bread with honey and your most favourite drink, strawberry milk”.

 

“Wah! I love you Umma!”, Taemin smiled to his ear and gave his Umma a bear hug. “Thank you Minho hyung for helping the canary as well”, Taemin yelled happily and opened his arms in his intention to hug Minho but Key, faster, dragged him away.

 

“No hug!”, Key nagged and glanced at Minho who stood with hands on his hips, face frowned as Key just stole the maknae’s hug which meant for his sake. Ignoring Minho’s hiss, Key passed by him and pushed Taemin towards the kitchen. “Hurry hurry, I’m starved to death”, Key voiced out not seeing his baby’s cute pout.

 

While chewing a small piece of bread, Key kept looking at his cute baby Taeminnie who was stuffing bread into his mouth, making his cheeks puff like a hamster and his milk. Key left out a sight and slapped himself mentally.

 

“What the hell did I think!”