Close To Me

Dangerous Territory

He was stunned beyond belief.

Not too long ago, he was mad and suffering from the bitter reality that fell on his shoulders, that he had to give up the one thing that could make him happy.

BoA.

He decided to let go for he knew there was no hope clinging to something that was never his from the very beginning.

It was absurd how he even dared trapping her in his dangerous territory and then finding himself trapped by his very own ploy.

'Yunho.'

Quite abruptly, he was brought back to reality by her voice. He almost cursed how the beautiful dream had to end too soon that his body craved for the warmth of her lips so desperately. It was excruciating.

'Yunho,' she repeated peering into his eyes, blushing slightly. 'There were a lot of things I realized the past few months and I want you to know all of them,' she said softly.

It was incredibly difficult for her to say the next words but she couldn't stop now. She took a deep breath before pouring everything.

'Before I could learn about my true feelings, how much I love you, you have already become a part of me and I just... I don't want to go through that point where I didn't have you in my life ever again... I just want you to stay and be always close to me.'

And although it was those words that he longed to hear all this time, he didn't understand. This was opposed to how he had imagined the circumstances between the two of them. A confession was never in his equation.

'But... in Japan... that man...' Yunho staggered, confused.

'He was no one. I don't even remember his name,' she answered dismissively and then bit her lip.

Yunho caught the subtle hesitation from her and he knew right away that there's more to that than meets the eye. It didn't take a long time before she started confessing everything.

'I had a talk with Ara.'

There was a cold shudder that ran through his back by the mention of her name. He wished he didn't have to hear that name and he felt disgusted by how much he wanted to run away from that reality as well. Nothing will change the fact that he had hurt her. Terribly. And for him to still get a happy ending was unfair.

Yet, he couldn't give it up.

'She told me about the two of you.'

He continued to listen as he closed his eyes. His brows were creased together in a pained concentration. He didn't want her to know any of that especially when they are bestfriends.

'I don't deserve a happy ending after everything I did to you and Ara. It's just... everything's wrong.'

BoA kept on looking at him, burdened, because it wasn't entirely his fault. That if they were to truly look back in the past, the root of all their sufferings was her.

Only because she didn't want to expose her vulnerable side. It was to her own accord that she lied during that Win Win interview because she was so driven by her own pride and wouldn't admit she has never been in love before. Just because of that shallow reason, it started the horrible fate between the three of them.

Denying Yunho's feelings. Getting Ara involved in this mess and then eventually compromising all of their relationship with one another.

If somebody deserves to suffer, it was her. Yet, everybody tried to take the blame for her and that made her feel awful inside.

BoA shook her head. 'I guess I've always known about her feelings but it was my fault that I chose to ignore it. To deny it...' Letting out a deep sigh, she walked towards the bed and sat on the soft cushion. 'I'm a woman with a lot of pride. That same pride almost destroyed my relationship with you and Ara.'

He understood completely the thing she was going through. It was just something beyond their control.

Soon after, Yunho followed her to the bed and sat beside her. He held her hand and squeezed it tight. Hoping that it will help her relieve all her heartaches.

'I guess in the end, we can't help what we are feeling inside,' Yunho murmured, more to himself than BoA. The words echoed in her heart. More than anyone, BoA knew how sincere and true those words were. 'If you were prideful, I've become too blind then,' he followed with a short smile.

BoA returned a smile and rested her head on his shoulder. 'Why does everything have to be so complicated,' she whined as she played with his fingers.

'You made it complicated.'

'Me? Why me? You were the one who suddenly attacked me with your... your stupid actions!' She half screamed, her face burning. She would not dare say how dangerously charming he has been when he decided to be more open with his intentions. That would give him more leverage over her and that's not okay.

BoA's heart suddenly felt like jumping out of her ribcage. She covered her face with her free hand and deeply sighed out of frustration.

'Attack? You mean by being upfront with my own feelings?' Yunho said, raising his eyebrow. 'If I wanted to attack you, I would've done this a long time ago.'

Yunho swiftly grabbed BoA's other hand and pinned her down the bed. it happened so fast her brain couldn't catch up. Without another word, he leaned closer, so close that BoA could feel his hot breath against her face.

He met her eyes and then gazed on her lips once again. He fought the urge to kiss her even if he wanted nothing more than to taste her sweet lips. He was too focused that it took him another second to realize that BoA wasn't protesting. She had her eyes shut and quietly waiting for his next move.

An invitation?

There was a tingling sensation that travelled along his spine. Yunho gulped and kissed her forhead instead, much to her surprise.

'I'll let you rest for tonight and tomorrow, we'll talk.'

To be honest, Yunho didn't want anything to end, afraid that everything might turn out to be just a figment of his own imagination. That the bitter reality would crash in again when the morning comes. He just didn't want to stop but he also needed to confirm everything. Anyway, he needed time to think for himself.

'Okay,' was BoA's short reply. Yunho sensed a tinge of disappointed in her voice but he might as well be imagining it, too.

'I'll be in Changmin's room. Feel free to use mine for tonight.'

Without another word, he quietly left the room. And again, BoA's by herself. This time however, she didn't feel alone and cold as she did before. There was a warm feeling inside of her that she couldn't help but break into a smile.

She crept on his bed and wrapped herself in his covers. It smelled so much like Yunho. Imagining him right beside her this moment made her head spin. Her thoughts was full of him. He was all she could think about that her heart might explode.

'I love Yunho...' She whispered, still blushing. 'And I know that he loves me, too...'

She can't believe how easy it was to just admit it to herself instead of convincing herself she felt nothing for him. The way she did for such a long time.

And then so suddenly, at the back of her head, she remembered Ara. She wouldn't forget her kindness and tomorrow, she would talk to Yunho about how they would face her the next time. The least they could do was to be honest with her and to tell her everything.

Breaking Ara's heart is better than betraying her by hiding the truth. After seeing how broken Jessica was when the young lady was going through the same thing she was going through right now, BoA wouldn't be able to forgive herself. Going through the same path when she knows how painful and pointless it is would be as good as saying she didn't learn anything from Jessica.

Telling Ara the truth may not be the best way to open up about their new relationship but at least, it's the right thing to do. They wouldn't want to destroy their friendship with lies.

Ara deserves so much more than that.

But before she could think of anything else, she drifted into another dream and after one last yawn, she fell asleep.

 

*

 

Author's Note:

Hi Rabbit! Here you go~! I hope I didn't disappoint even though it's kinda a slow paced chapter that is very mellow (and then you had to wait for it forever. HAHA!).

Anyway, still a turning point so yeah :3