Thank God I’m Sick

TGIS

 

Henry Lau @henrylau89

being sick...take care of ur health everyone

Amber suddenly stood up from her seat, startling her fellow members who were playing Uno at the living room.

“Yah, Amber, what’s wrong?” Victoria asked as she picked a card.

“Henry’s sick. Gotta go!” She immediately got her bag and ran to the door.

“Don’t stay up late! Remember the curfew.” Their beloved umma shouted before Amber could close the door.

“Yes, umma.” Amber shouted back.

“Henry oppa’s lucky to have unnie.” Luna said with obvious jealousy.

“Jinki oppa’s lucky to have you to. He just doesn’t know.” Sulli’s comment made Luna’s face to flush.

“Ohhh… Someone’s red in the face.” Krystal and Sulli chuckled as Luna’s face got redder.

“You two, teasing your unnie like this! Aish.” Luna replied.

“I’m just saying the truth!” Jinri said innocently, then Krystal continued. “Me too.”

“Just go pester Minho oppa and Kai-ssi or Taemin-ssi, not me.”

“What? Why should I? Minho oppa is not my type.” Replied Jinri while Krystal faked her laugh at Sunyoung.

“That’s right because her type is Lee Hyunwoo.”

“Umma!”

“What? Am I not allowed to say the truth?” Then they all laughed as Jinri pouted cutely.

--

As soon as Amber stepped out of their dorm, she texted Henry, “Where are you?!” She put on her headband, cap and hoodie as she waited for a cab.

“Hospital near our dorm. You comin?”

“OF CORZ  I’LL COME, STUPID.” She imagined Henry’s laughter. Amber entered the car and gave instructions to the driver then her phone buzzed.

“I miss my llama :*”

“Oh stop will u  :P”

“R u not gonna ask what number my room is?”

“Now that u ask.. what’s ur room num?”

“189. Bring some lychee.”

“I have no time for ur lychees. My presence is ‘nuff.”

“Ooohh… I see you’re learning from me, Am. Haha.”

“Whut? Dat is NOT cheesy!”

“Oh yes it is. Hurry up and kiss ur Snoopy. Faster!!”

When Amber arrived, she rushed to the customer help desk and asked for 189’s floor number. She immediately got to the elevator and pushed number six. Amber hid herself at the back and waited impatiently for number six to light up. Slamming the door of room 189 open, Amber saw Donghae raising Henry’s injected arm in the air. And poor baby Henry looks pained.

“Yah oppa! What the hell are you doing?!” Amber said in Korean and rushed to Henry’s side, gently taking his arm.

“We were just playing around. No need to worry.” Donghae replied and snickered at his over protective sister.

“You were the one playing around, not me.” Henry said and looked at Amber for support.

“Didn’t you see Henry’s pained expression?” Henry murmured “That’s right.” And draw his tongue out for his hyung.

“Aish, these two young people. I’ll leave you two alone. Few will be at the dorm except Zhoumi cause he’ll surely be out, shopping until his feet bleeds. And Sungmin and Kyuhyun will be gone today while Hyukjae and I—“

“Hyung, thank you for that wonderful information but I’m not really interested in everyone’s schedule.” Henry said with a tired smile.

“Oh. Okay. But if you’re wondering, I’ll be out with Hyukjae and Jungsu hyung. I’ll be going now. See you Amber-ya.” He winked at them before shutting the door.

“Finally, he’s gone.” Snoopy slumped back on his bed.

“What happened?” Amber asked him with a concerned look plastered on her face.

“Just stressed out because of the comeback. I’ll be fine in no time.” Amber could see clearly the dark circles forming under his eyes.

“I guess you’re not sleeping regularly. You even called at three am last day.”

“I’ll always have time for you, Am.” Henry smiled as he locked his fingers with hers.

“You should get some sleep.”

“But you just came!”

“Doesn’t mean I’ll leave while you’re unconscious. Sleep Henry.” Amber drew the curtains down and dimmed the lights. When she came back to Henry, he’s already sitting on the bed with his feet dangling below. She put her hands at her hips before saying, “Didn’t I tell you to sleep, Henry Lau?”

He just smiled at her and signaled for her to come closer to him. She rolled her eyes but followed him. Henry wrapped his arms around her waist to close the small distance between them. Then his face moved closer and closer to her until their noses touch. Amber was blushing like mad and already shut her eyes, waiting for Henry’s lips to land on hers. But was she ever surprised to hear Henry say, “The headband really needs to go, Amber.” She immediately opened her eyes and felt Henry’s hand slid her black headband out of her head. Snoopy moved back to throw the headband at the trash can. He smirked as he looked at Amber’s frozen form with a tomato face.

“Jackie said that also, didn’t she?” That statement made Amber go back to her senses. She blinked rapidly, praying that it will help calm her burning face.

“You! Sick yet still not stopping from teasing me. You should be ready to stay here a little longer.” Henry just laughed simply because Amber’s face kept on becoming redder and redder. She turned around fast and sandwiched her cheeks between her gloved hands.

“No wonder why you’ve been dubbed as the true evil maknae.” She murmured under her breath. Next thing she knew, her boyfriend was hugging her from behind. And it wasn’t helping a little to lessen the color from her cheeks.

“What did you say? Hmm.. you smell heavenly.” He whispered as he blew soft kisses under her ear. He felt Amber stiffen at the mouth-to-skin contact. Turning around swiftly and successfully shocking Henry, Amber pushed his shoulders hard enough for him to fall down on the bed.

“You.Are.So.Dead.” Henry’s eyes widened as Amber jumped to the bed and tickled him on his every sweet spot. Amber’s evil laugh can be heard from the room, as well as Henry’s pained voice as he cried in agony. They continued their little war until a nurse opened the door and saw Henry sitting on top of Amber while holding both of her arms up in the air. Both of them turned their heads as they heard someone speak, “Excuse me, the other rooms are quite disturbed from the loud noise. Could you please tone down your voices? Thank you.” The nurse left immediately to avoid being in the awkward room. Amber and Henry looked at each other then resumed laughing. They lied down on the bed. Amber then put a finger on her lips, saying that they should be quiet.

“That was so embarrassing!” She said at as she looked at the ceiling.

“And painful.” Amber quickly sat up and attended Henry’s arm.

“Oh I forgot. Sorry ‘bout that, Henry.” He saw her bit her bottom lip in nervousness.

“Are you alright? Should I call the nurse? No, maybe I should call a doctor.” But before Amber could stand up from the bed, Henry grabbed her arm.

“No, I don’t need a nurse or a doctor. Just you’re presence is enough.” He smiled his shy smile at her flushed face.

“Can you please stop saying those things? It really creep the crap out of me.”

“I know you love it and you just said that earlier. Just sleep with me here since I can sleep better if you’re beside me.” Henry made himself comfortable at the bed which can fortunately occupy two persons. Amber did the same too.

“Okay, I’ll sleep until dinner. Vic umma will be worried sick if I stay too long.” Amber talked while sending a message to Victoria. Henry wrapped an arm around her and closed his eyes with a smile.

“That’s fine with me. I think I’ll be out tomorrow.” He murmured.

“That’s great. But you’ll surely go to Taiwan or China directly. I guess I won’t be able to see you for a long time after this.”

After some seconds, she continued her rambles.

“Then we’ll be off to Malaysia for GDA and I won’t be able to see you. You’ll be busy again once SJ is back. When will we see each other then? Gosh—“

Amber’s eyes widened at the sudden lips-to-lips contact.

“Close your mouth. Or I’ll shut it for you.” Henry said as he closed his eyes again. Amber hugged Henry then, thinking that he’s already sleeping, said against his chest, “I missed you, Snoopy.”

But to her surprise, he replied.

“I missed you too, Amber.” She smiled then pecked his lips softly.

“Go to sleep now. Or I’ll kiss you again and again and again.” After five seconds Henry replied, “I’d love that.”