Chapter 6

Unexpected

Chap 6

 
"Yes, he was the one who went to search for you. In fact, the incident when you known him as someone rude, it was his scheme to have a talk with you, and to confirm that you are my sister, the lost daughter of this family."
Donghae stated, putting his hand on to my hand. 
I looked at Sehun, he had such a flawless face. Did he really planned to be rude that time? If he did that, does it means, he's nice in real?
I quickly turn my head to the food when he suddenly look at my direction.   After the dinner, we headed back while dad was briefing me about going to work tomorrow. 
"Alright Dad, I got it. " I answered politely as we stepped out of the car before heading back to my room to get a good rest.
 
**next morning**
I looked into the mirror, such a beautiful make up is done, expensive formal clothes for work, is this really me? Is this really my life? Am I dreaming? The wealth I always dreamt of? But it's different. I dreamt of wealth was to give my adoptive parents a better life. Now? I'm in this wealthy thingy, and my adoptive parents? Still in the old, small house. Tears just started welling up my eyes. 
I wiped my tears and set off for work. 
**in the car** 
I'm nervous. It's my first day working  at the biggest company. I looked out the window, then I spotted a couple. The wife was lying on the floor, her belly was protruded. "Stop the car, Ahjusshi."
As the car stopped, I rushed over to their aids. Knowing that the wife was going to be in labour, we sent them to the hospital. 
Waiting for the wife's successful operation, I walked to the vending machine to get some coffee, when I came back, the husband was looking so down. I went over and asked him, to know that they did not have enough money to pay for the medical bills. They didn't even have the money for the wife's regular check up. 
I kept silent while I listened to his story. "Don't worry, Ahjusshi. I'll pay for your wife's medical bills."
"No, you've helped us enough by sending us her. We can't let you pay."
"It's okay Ahjusshi. I'll be glad to help your family out." I reassured him. 
He looked at me, with tears in his eyes. "Thank you, Miss. You are very kind. I'll never forget what you did for us. " 
I just smiled. Then something hit me. Oh no! What's the time now? I looked at the clock. It's 6pm already! I couldn't go to the workplace anymore! Well, if I couldn't, then I'll just stay here till the wife's out and I've paid the bills, ensuring both mother and son are fine and healthy. 
 
**2 hours later**
The car pulled to a stop, I got off the car and headed to the living room. My heart palpitated quickly and cold sweats kept flowing out. 
In front stood my stepmother. I gulped. 
"Jung Ji Hyun, why didn't you turn up for work? Do you know how worried we are? Young lady, can't you inform us if you aren't coming?"
 
"It's because.." I muttered.
 
"What happened here? " My dad questioned as he walked in with grandad, while Donghae Joined in from his room. 
 
"Your daughter, didnt turn up for work. Not even a call was made. Not even a message!" My stepmother grumbled," She must have went out to play."
 
"I didn't! I—" 
"Stop denying, will you?" She snarled at me.
"Just let her explain, yeobbo," Dad turned to me with a strict expression, " Why didn't you turn up?"
 
"Because I helped a couple. His wife was about to give birth! I can't just saw the whole thing and not help at all, leaving them. They may not even get any help from the others, I dropped by, sent them to hospital. And paid for their medical bills as they could not afford it." I explained, "You can ask the chauffeur. He knew about it."
 
Dad's poker face gradually soften, turning into a grin. "That's my daughter. Such a helpful girl! You're still the same. When you were young, you already had a big heart, you kept wanting to grow up faster in order to donate blood. I'm proud of you my girl. " 
I smiled at Dad while he messed my hair, "Well done, Ji Hyun."