The Plan

Warm Milk Is Best Taken On Sleepless Nights

 

Krystal had no idea how she got herself into this mess.

She shouldn’t have agreed to all of this and gave Taemin another idea that led to their inevitable doom coming at the end. She should’ve predicted it. But she was stubborn and wanted fun and Krystal, knowing her nature, always had a knack to entertain herself over little things. She didn’t know that her entertainment would be ended rather quickly.

Seriously? Who in the right mind would think of such a tactic? It was sloppy and stupid and foolish and why the hell did she even consent to this madness if she knew it would backfire in the beginning? Was she wishing her death wish or something? Because of that stupid Taemin they had to—

Oh god, she groaned and suddenly remembered this was her plan in the first place.

Flashback:

So Taemin and Krystal decided that they would meet at XXXXX café to stalk Jessica and Jinki’s date this following Saturday. Of course, they both agreed they should be indiscreet as possible and dressed totally un-idol like so no one would notice two teenagers out, stalking their seniors just because… well, yeah. But because she was Krystal and he was Taemin, they just had to dress like they usually did. They weren’t flashy with glitters or sparkles or anything shiny; it was normal clothes but it felt like they were on a runway anyway as they walked side by side because people were turning their heads when they pass by.

Thank God no one seemed to be too curious to check who they were.

Turning to a curb, they found the café easily and slid inside. Jesica and Jinki were nowhere inside and they assumed that they just were early and they would be arriving soon. In the meantime, Krystal sat on one of the table that was hidden amongst the other customers and soon enough, Taemin followed closely behind. As he sat, she placed her elbows on the table, laced her fingers together, placed her chin on it and looked at Taemin straight in the eye. The boy tried not to gulp as she watched him sternly.

Clearing his throat, the blonde started. “So… how are we going to do this?”

“Easy,” Krystal grinned maliciously and Taemin couldn’t help but cringe. She had an evil aura around her, that little Jung. “We’ll track them here and observe.”

“How’d you know they would be here, anyway?”

“That’s a secret.”

“Okay… so after we oberve them what would happen next? Confront them about it or something?”

...

Krystal rolled her eyes and shook her head. “Taemin oppa, you are such a noob. We have to plan something or create a tactic that will catch them off guard. When we have enough details, we strike.”

“What kind of details are we talking about here?” He impatiently arched a brow at her, crossing his arms. He remembered he was the one who organized this investigation but somehow he had ended up being the follower. Especially of a girl. Not that he was ist; it just really pained his ego. Well, he definitely had something to say about this. No one bosses him around. He bosses people around. “Listen, I got us in here so you should hear my plan—“

“Shhh! I see them! Try and pretend you’re looking at the menu.”

All Taemin’s effort to snatch his authority back faded when the girl hushed and ordered him to do as he was told. He knew it was for their sake and he had ask her to help but still—

Still, he had a say in this. This was his plan after all.

“Enough.”

Krystal raised a brow at him skeptically, as if he was on crack. Had she heard him right or was this just a dream? Taemin was defying her? Had he forgotten what he said a week ago? “I would have you know that you promised me that I—“

“I know what I promised okay! Just hear me out.” He grumbled exasperatedly. Krystal rolled her eyes and huffed out a soft fine and let him explained.

...

It was a rather simple plan.

One of them pretends to accidentally see them in the café and join in on their lunch. That way, they can be able to spy them closer and hear their conversation. Two birds killing in one stone. The only problem they had was who to send in on their quest.

“You do it. It’s your plan.” Krystal said dryly, crossing her arms over her chest and giving Taemin a pointed look, who in return rolls his eyes.

“That’s my point. It’s my plan and I did my part so you do your part.”

“May I remind you I am not your dog and you ask me for help? I am an accomplice and I am much of a boss as you are so if you want this to work then you go.”

Taemin twitched. “What? That doesn’t even make sense!”

“Your face doesn’t make sense.”

“Look Soo—“

“Soojung? Taemin? What are you both doing here?”

Said teenagers froze on their seat, calming their erratic hearts that threaten to jump out of its place as they heard that very familiar voice. They didn’t dare to turn and look at the questionable looks pasted on Jessica’s and Jinki’s faces. Before any of the two had the chance to respond, Jinki broke into a knowing and innocent grin, his attention shifting from the younger Jung and the other boy. Jessica just shook her head—already knowing what floated in his mind.

“You two are on a date!” He announced happily, earning a stifled laugh from his blonde girlfriend and two shocked faces.

“What? No—“ Krystal was cut off by Taemin’s rapid explanation.

“Yes!” He laughed nervously, receiving an incredulous look from the girl seated across him. He answered by kicking her under the table. “Yes, we are on a, err, date. Ahahahaha, yeah.”

Jessica and Jinki gave each other a side glance.

“Right.” Krystal gritted against her teeth. “Taemin oppa and I are on a date.”

And all hell broke lose.



 

Author's Note:

OK, before anything else I'd like to apologize for the late update. I'm in Uni now so I'm pretty busy and not have much time to write. 

Another cliffhanger from me I know, but I wanted to this posted to tell you I'm alive and I'm still going to update although it will be in a slow pace.

Thirdly, I will finish this before updating any other stories I have. Like no Worst Days, Butterflies and Flowers that Bloom and Wintress.

I'll be posting next week again so yes for faster updates. Next will be Butterfles and...etc. 

So yes! Adios.

And enjoy~