Strawberry Shampoo

Strawberry Shampoo

 

Jinki closed the door to the dorm and shouted “I’m home!”, gauging to see if any of his bandmates were around.

When he got no response, he smiled and slumped into the couch, ready to laze the rest of the day away watching ty TV shows with no one around to judge his taste. Of course he loved the company of his dongsaengs, but none of them shared his appreciation for low-brow reality shows and he had to get his fix every once in a while.

He watched for about an hour before he heard a door open and close, the patting of bare footsteps and the shower turning on. Apparently he wasn’t as alone as he thought; whoever it was must’ve been asleep when he’d gotten home. He figured he at least was able to get a couple of episodes in before he would inevitably be interrupted.

He managed one more episode before he heard the shower turn off, and then someone walking their way into the living room. Whoever it was made no sound to announce themselves, so Jinki didn’t acknowledge them and kept watching his show, hoping to remain interrupted.

His attempts were futile, however, when he heard a disapproving tut come from his left.

Kibum was standing to the side of the couch; hand perched atop a cocked hip. He shook his wet bangs out of his eyes to bring attention to his ensuing eyeroll.

Jinki gulped when he finally looked at Kibum, realizing his boyfriend hadn’t bothered to put on any clothes save for a towel hanging loosely on his hips.

“Oh, hey babe,” he managed to stutter out, “What’re you up to today?”

“Nothing really. Just Silver Chime later. Whatcha watching?”

Jinki answered with a light chuckle, reaching for the remote to turn the TV off.

“The usual garbage, of course.”

Kibum scoffed and made his way to stand in front of Jinki, giving up his sassy stance and letting his arms fall to his sides. He reached a hand out to cradle the older’s cheek, gently swiping his thumb across the top of it.

“I missed you.”

Jinki leaned into the touch, letting out a contented sigh.

“Yeah?”

Kibum crouched forward, seating himself on Jinki’s lap, knees fitted around his thighs. Jinki’s hands instinctively fell to Kibum’s hips, thumbs rubbing soothing circles into the skin above the towel.

“Yeah,” he said as he leaned in to press his lips to the older’s.

It was a tender kiss, all soft presses and light movements, chaste and loving.

Jinki’s hands moved to Kibum’s lower back, massaging the soft skin under his fingertips, drawing a pleased sigh from between the younger’s lips.

Jinki pulled away first, both panting slightly for air, and let Kibum nuzzle into his neck as he pulled him closer by the back.

He fit his chin into the crook of the younger’s neck, turning to press his lips beneath his ear as he whispered “I missed you too.”

They stayed like that for a moment, enjoying the closeness and warmth of each other’s bodies, holding each other. Jinki could feel Kibum’s even breath against his neck and it sent shivers through him.

Kibum’s breath moved upwards and he kissed into Jinki’s hair before inhaling deeply.

The younger froze then, and immediately backed away to glare at the older.

“Is something wrong?” asked Jinki, panic apparent in his voice.

Kibum then turned the palms that had been secured around Jinki’s shoulders forward, shoving Jinki into the couch as he stood up.

“I knew it!”

Jinki was bewildered.

“Knew what? Baby, what’s wrong?”

Kibum was fuming, his black eyes betraying homicidal tendencies.

Have you been using my favorite strawberry shampoo?

Jinki exhaled and smile, relief washing over him.

“Oh my god, Kibum.

“Well? Answer me, damnit!”

“That’s seriously what you’re so mad about?” Jinki couldn’t help but giggle at the younger’s tendency to overreact. He’d never seen his nostrils flare so much in stupid rage.

“So you have been! You owe me new shampoo, bastard.” Kibum crossed his arms and huffed again, truly turning this into a show.

“Alright Kibum, whatever you say, honey,” Jinki tried to appease the younger and made grabby hands towards him, missing the warmth of the other’s touches and wanting to finish whatever it was they’d started.

Kibum loudly hmph’d and lifted his head away from Jinki in mock-disdain, arms still crossed.

“No. None for you.”

Jinki audibly whined.

“Aw, c’mon, you can’t do this to me Kibummie.” Jinki only brought out his pet name for his boyfriend on special occasions, most of them for when he wanted something from the younger.

Kibum still wouldn’t look at Jinki.

“The usual aigoo, Kibummie~ bull isn’t gonna work this time,” he said as he twisted his features and lilted his voice to mock the older’s usual persuasion habits. “I’m getting dressed and going out, some of us actually have things we have to do, y’know.”

Jinki let out one last defeated chuckle.

“Alright Kibum, have fun.”

He shook his head and sighed, turning the TV back on as Kibum stomped out of the room.

--

The next day, Kibum got a call from Jinki while he was on his way home from another schedule.

“Yes?” he answered flippantly.

“Hurry home,” Jinki’s voice was husky, deeper than usual, and the sound jumpstarted a blush forming on Kibum’s cheeks, “I have a surprise for you.”

Kibum tried to compose himself, trying not to get carried away.

“Oh?” he mustered the most nonchalant tone he was able, “What kind of surprise?”

“You’ll see,” Jinki breathed out, and Kibum’s stomach stirred at the obvious tone of his words.

He barely managed to calm himself down by the time he got home.

He walked into the dorm, seeing the other three in the living room playing video games.

“Have you guys seen Jinki?”

Taemin piped up, “I think he’s in his room. Why do you ask, hyung?”

“He said he had a—“ Key’s blush reappeared rapidly and he choked down what he was about to say. “He just wanted to see me.”

The others weren’t paying much attention anyways, so he shrugged off the embarrassment and made his way down the hallway to Jinki’s room, knocking once on the closed door before letting himself in.

The room was completely dark and he was honestly confused seeing as his boyfriend was nowhere to be found. He flicked on the light and saw something on the bed, making his way over to investigate it.

It was none other than a brand new bottle of his favorite brand name strawberry-scented shampoo with a bright pink post-it note attached to it.

 

sorry I used your shampoo. i just like it cuz it smells like you. :)

love you boo xoxo

 

Key grinned at how goofy his boyfriend was.

“I hate you so ing much,” he said with a laugh.

Suddenly, arms wrapped around him from behind and he could feel Jinki pressing a kiss to the side of his head and laughing in turn.

“No you don’t.”