Introducing - She who made the Gaem Master Kyu lose.

3 Days To Love ( 3일동안의사랑 ) ( Mikkasu No Koi )

 

A short girl with a wavy and bouncy hair stood at the doorframe, one hand still on the doorknob. Noticing the guys in the room and not to mention the 4 guys with their awkward position, she tilted her head and blinked. “Umm….annyeong?”

Realizing who was at the door, Kyuhyun’s heart skipped a beat. Almost immediately, he broke free from Siwon’s grip and straightened himself. Siwon noticed the uncomfortable silence and quickly broke it. “Ah, Ryeoki! Annyeong!”

“Uhh…should I leave?” she said nervously, still eyeing the scene suspiciously.

“No, no! You can come in!” Siwon stuttered. “Right Hangeng hyung?”

Hangeng quickly smiled his friendly smile. “Sure. Come in, Ryeoki!” He lifted Henry up and dropped him to his side. Kyuhyun silently moved to his previous seat and picked up his PSP. He resumed playing his game like nothing had happened. Ryeowook couldn’t help but grinning and secretly exchange meaningful glance with Donghae. Donghae covered his mouth to hide his smile. Zhoumi kicked Donghae’s leg while still not looking up from whatever he was reading in the magazine. Henry grinned his evil grin and glanced at Kyuhyun, who was pretending to concentrate on his game.

Hangeng notice the evil grin and was about to grab his arm to prevent him from doing whatever evil plan he had on his mischievous mind, but Henry was faster.

“Ryeo!!” he waltz towards her. “Come in!” he grabbed her hand and dragged the startled Ryeoki inside the room. He sat back at his previous seat beside Hangeng and then patted the empty space next to him. “C’mon, sit here.”

Ryeoki smiled her sugar-coated smile and sat beside Henry. “Gomawo Henry. You’re so cute, you know!”

Opposite to Henry, Kyuhyun was gritting his teeth and was trying so hard fighting the urge to kill that maknae. Henry smirked in satisfaction.

Everybody in the group knew Kyuhyun was secretly in love with Ryeoki. Ever since Ryeoki accidently burst into SM dancing room during one of their training session, Kyuhyun never had his eyes off her. He even cut off his starcraft daily routine to be around her as long as he could. Ryeoki was a SM trainee from Japan, waiting to debut with her friends in a girl band called RHH. Yes, a girl band.
 

Ryeoki was the lead guitarist. Her friend Heeyoung, a.k.a Leeteuk’s secret girlfriend, was the group’s drummer. A girl named Nissey was the second guitarist while some other girl whom Kyu didn’t know her name was the keyboardist. The group’s singer was Hyunra. She was Ryeoki’s cousin, and not to mention, Heechul’s girlfriend. So since Ryeoki was a trainee, she often spent her time at the SM Academy building, training for whatever she was told to. And because of that, Kyuhyun would always try to be at the SM Academy building even for the slightest reason. And as if that wasn’t enough yet, Kyuhyun would sometimes drag Heechul to watch RHH training. He would use the ‘Heechul-hyung-wants-to-see-Hyunra-practise’ excuse just to get a chance to watch Ryeoki jamming out with her silver electric guitar.

One day, Kyuhyun and Heechul were watching RHH jamming out session (again). They were practising performing their new song. It was yet untitled, but it was a very fun and catchy song. Kyuhyun loved the song, especially the Ryeoki’s guitar solo part, which he was watching right now. Ryeoki’s awesome guitar skill never failed to amuse him.

But as Kyuhyun was busy mesmerizing Ryeoki…..

“OW!!” Ryeoki suddenly squealed, followed with a loud screeching sound.

The music stopped and everyone turned to look at her. “Dude,” Heeyoung look up at Ryeoki from her drum set. “Again?”

Ryeoki sighed. She pouted and nodded slowly while looking at her guitar. One of the guitar strings snapped due to Ryeoki’s super talent!

“YAH! Dongsaeng!! Your hand’s bleeding!!” Hyunra squealed.

Hyunra is really, and I mean really scared of blood. Same goes for Heeyoung. Heeyoung’s not scared of it. She just hates looking at it. Despite Hyunra’s fear of blood, her mother still asks her to be a doctor. Imagine how it’ll be like when she operates a person. That person would probably die of blood loss before she even gets to operate.

Ryeoki looked at her hand with her blur expression and said, “Okay, ow.”

Kyuhyun quickly ran inside the studio and grabbed Ryeoki’s hand. He looked at it and said “You need to run this under some warm water.” He looked up to her face. Ryeoki was, as usual, wearing her blur expression, biting her lips and staring at her bloody hand. Which made Kyuhyun’s heart melt completely.

Heeyoung glanced slightly at Hyunra. Hyunra put on a playful smile and coughed a little laugh.

Heechul was leaning against the door. He smirked and pretended to clear his throat.

Ryeoki was a smart girl but she gets super dumb when it comes to ‘reading the situation’. She even asked Hyunra, “Hyung! Why’re you laughing” while bobbing her head to one side. Once again, cuteness overload.

Kyuhyun let go of Ryeoki’s hand and looked down shyly. Ryeoki asked him, “Hyung, why did you let go? I thought you wanted to help me fix my hand?”

Kyuhyun was startled. “H-h-hy-hyung? Did you just call me….‘hyung’? And did you just ‘hyung’ Hyunra just now?”

“Yeah. Get use to it. This Japanese girl isn’t used to ‘oppa’ and ‘unnie’. She prefers to say ‘hyung’.” Heeyoung cut off.

Ryeoki nodded and smiled. “Datte [Kurae]. Oppa sounds soo cheesy and unnie reminds me of someone I don’t really like. And I like hyung better cause it sounds rough” Ryeoki pretended to be a professional boxer and punched Kyuhyun’s arm when saying ’rough’. But she didn’t remember she had a cut on that hand and squealed in pain. Kyu panicked again and held her hand again while apologizing.

“It’s not hyung’s fault!” Ryeoki smiled and walked out “I’ll go wash my hand with warm water like hyung asked! Be right back! ^__^”

So that was her. The sunny and bright but sometimes extremely blur Ryeoki Haruma that succeeded stealing Kyuhyun’s heart without even that much of effort. Everything about her just melted Kyu more and more. Her big round eyes, her milky skin, her cute smiles, her bouncy hair, her weird Korean, her too much of honesty…..

“BAM!” a loud sound suddenly boomed out of Kyuhyun’s PSP, startling him and almost making him drop that thing to the ground.
Noticing the sound, everyone in the room stared at him. “What’s that?” Donghae moved closer and glanced over Kyuhyun’s PSP.

“Uh….nothing. I…uh… I lose, that’s all.” Kyu stammered.

“You LOSE? Like, l-o-s-e, LOSE?” Henry asked in amusement. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “Wahh.,” Henry continued. “I will always remember this moment. This day, this moment, the GAME MASTER KYU loses in a game because of the presence of his……”

Much to Kyuhyun’s relief, Hangeng quickly slammed his palm over Henry’s mouth before he could finish his sentence. Ryeoki blinked at the situation before her.

“Why did you do that to him?” she pointed innocently to Henry, who was making some kind of gurgling sound.

“Ah..he talks too much, don’t you think?” Hangeng smiled at Ryeoki but shot a warning glance at Henry. “By the way, what brings you here, Ryeoki?”

“Aah, that,” Ryeoki tucked her black hair behind her ears. “I want to see you guys actually.”

“Us?” Donghae grinned. “Not a specific person?”

Ryeowook and Zhoumi giggled while Siwon bit his lips to hide his smile. Kyuhyun pretended he wasn’t listening and continued to stare at his PSP, pressing random buttons just to make it looked like he was playing it.

Ryeoki, however, being blurred as she always was, tilted her head to one side and blinked. “Uh…no. Naze?” (Wae?)

“Ah,it’s nothing Ryeoki-dongsaeng,” Siwon assured.

“Boys, stop teasing her please,” Hangeng shut them up. “So Ryeoki, you want to see us? Waeyo?”

Ryeoki smiled cheekily. “I want to……” She rummaged through her slingbag for a moment and fished out a camcorder. “Record you guys!”

“For what, record us?” Zhoumi asked in his best Korean. Everyone made a ‘huh?’ expression listening to Zhoumi’s broken Korean, but Ryeoki, being a foreigner herself, fully understood what Zhoumi was trying to say, despite Zhoumi’s Korean-grammar-failed sentence.

“Two reasons!” she chirped. “First, I just bought this thing, so I want to try using it. And second..” Ryeoki’s bright expression suddenly turned smug and she bit her lips, hesitating to continue.

“Second?” Henry pushed.

“Erm…I’m going to LA.”

“LA? Promotion activity?”

“Em not really…” Ryeoki hung her head. “I’m going to further study in LA.”

“MWO??” Kyuhyun shouted, causing every head to turn at him. “But..but…Ryeoki! You…uh…” he racked his brain for something clever to say. “You just debuted! You’re not leaving now, aren’t you?”

For once, Ryeoki looked sad. Kyuhyun was indeed right. RHH just debuted a year ago. They just had one album on their hand and RHH was barely known to country outside Korea. Forcing a brave smile, she said, “Kyuhyun hyung is right. But I’m not leaving RHH. I’m just getting a break, like Kibum hyung. I’ll come back once in a while.”

Silence fell inside the room, and the tensed and sad atmosphere rose. “When are you leaving?” Ryeowook broke the silence.

“In three days.” Ryeoki stated.

“THREE DAYS???” Kyuhyun asked, a little bit too loud again.

Ryeoki quietly moved closer to Henry and stared at Kyuhyun with wide, terrified eyes. “Hyung, don’t shout at me.”

Siwon put his arms around Kyuhyun’s shoulder while Ryeowook took Kyuhyun’s hand and squeezed it. “Easy, Kyu.” Ryeowook whispered, barely audible but loud enough for Kyuhyun to hear.

“M-Mianhae,” Kyuhyun dropped his eyes to the furry carpet at his feet.

Accepting his apology, Ryeoki grinned again, flashing her white, perfect teeth. “Gwenchanayo, hyung! So, can we start recording now?” She waved her camcorder happily. “Henry, hayyaku yo [ppalli ya], you start.” She the camcorder and started recording the surprised Henry.

“Uhm…” Henry tried to say something but failed to do so, as he could still feel the uncomfortable atmosphere in the room. He ended up just opening and closing his mouth like a fish. Ryeoki stopped recording and pouted.

“Hyung! Why are you doing that? Fish-like!”

“Yah! I NEVER do that!” Donghae exclaimed, making the room erupted with laughter. Kyuhyun just smiled weakly.

“Hm, Ryeoki-ah, recording here is no fun,” Hangeng piped up. “How ‘bout tomorrow we go to the new amusement park? We can do the recording there.”

“Yeah, I bet I’ll be more….memorable,” Siwon glanced at Kyuhyun.

Ryeoki thought of it for a while, looking up at the ceiling as if there was an answer written up there before finally saying; “Wakatta! [Arasseo!] Tomorrow then!”