1

a guitar to go

 

a loud yelp echoed in the room as kwangyeon set down his hot coffee.  the steam was still very noticeable as it rose up from the cup showing the sign that it was still quite hot. hyoseok just rolled his eyes as he stared at his best friend as he looked like a hurt puppy with his tongue sticking out his lips. 
 
“are you really entranced by this guy to not notice how hot your coffee is?” hyoseok asked as he handed a piece of bread so it will get kwangyeon’s mind off his burned tongue. kwangyeon nodded as he grabbed the piece of bread and bit part of it; he frowned when he couldn’t taste anything. he fried his taste buds. 
 
“pathetic.” hyoseok whisper as he sips out of his cold latte. “since when have you been gay?” he asked kwangyeon obviously curious to know how his best friend went from drooling over chicks to some guy.
 
kwangyeon just shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t even know.” he paused recalling to past events that have happen in the last couple of months. “well my ex-girlfriend brought me here because apparently they made fantastic bread which they do.  and I just happen to see that guy across the street and couldn’t look away. we came here often but I didn’t come just for the bread but also to look at that guy.  I thought maybe I knew him but no I have no collection of him in my memories.” 
 
hyoseok looked at him motioning him to go on as he stole some bread from kwangyeon’s side.
 
“well I even started to come here without her” kwangyeon continued looking down at his hands and feeling guilt wash over him. “so at the end I ended up breaking up with her and continued to come here.” a soft chuckle came out afterwards as he tried not to make this such an awkward confession.  
“well damn she was pretty hot too.” hyoseok replied as he cracked a grin to kwangyeon.
 
“shut up” 
 
*
 
days passed and hyoseok found himself in the same table, at the same café, across the same store kwangyeon’s crush worked at one Saturday morning. 
 
“I don’t even think I like him.” kwangyeon told hyoseok as he stirred his coffee, “it’s provably admiration or something. I mean he’s working at a guitar shop that’s pretty cool.”
hyoseok rolled his eyes, “have you ever gone inside the store and talked to him?” 
“nope.” kwangyeon replied quickly as he looked away from the guitar store. 
“wow you like him” 
“I do not” kwangyeon threw his rolled up used napkin to hyoseok. 
 
 
that Saturday morning hyoseok and kwangyeon exit out the café to see the working male across the streets putting up a display outside the guitar store.
 
kwangyeon stopped to stare before he said, “see it’s admiration. I am jealous of his job and want it, working with instruments must be great.” 
 
hyoseok just hummed as he also stared at the guy. the male had bent down and picked up one of the acoustic guitars, adjusted it, and began to play a simple melody. kwangyeon froze on the spot. the man on the guitar switched to a different song that sounded quite familiar; soon he got attention by bystanders, a few people stared as they passed and others stood to listen. with the small attention the man began to move a bit more with the the tempo and hyoseok was sure kwangyeon wasn’t blinking. 
 
“yup you like him” hyoseok confirmed as he dragged his friend down the street.