A choice to make

Ghost Boy

My body whas stiff. I couldn't move any muscle in my whole body. It ran cold down my back and my legs shivered. No doubt, I was scared. The shape almost reached me, when it suddenly disappeared. Silence filled the hallway. The only sound to hear, was my heavy breathing. Where did it go? Would it come back? My last question got answered pretty quick. I turned around and the shape stood right behind me. I got a shock and fell down on my . My whole body was shaking, as I looked at the shape stading in front of me. The shape glowed white a bit and I could see it pictured a little girl in a white night dress and with long black hair. She had a pretty face, but no matter how pretty and cute she was, I was frightened. I got on my shaking legs, supporting myself against the wall. Her eyes followed my every move. I gulped. What did she want from me? Somehow I didn't want to know the answer. I felt like I would regret it, if I knew. 

She then grabbed my wrist and started pulling me to that old looking door. I was shocked. Wasn't she a ghost? Then how could she touch me? I tried to get out of her grip, but she was surprisingly strong. I grabbed my arm with my free hand and tried to pull myself free, but with no use. "LET ME GO!!" I yelled, but my voice only echoed in the empty hallway. She didn't obey either. I was almost scared to death. My legs were shaking and my breath was fast and heavy. Looking at the girl dragging me to the door, my mind was suddenly set on the ghost boy. Did he know I was in danger? And if so, why wouldn't he help me? Did he even care? My eyed got watery and I just felt a strong desire to see him. I didn't even know why, but I kept picturing his face, as I got closer to the door. 

Then I pulled as much as I could and for my surprise, I fell to the ground. I looked up and saw the little ghost girl just look in my direction, but not at me. I wondered and turned around to see the ghost boy stand there and look at the ghost girl. "Leave him alone. He can't help you" I heard his deep voice say. I looked back at the girl and she just walked slowly backwards and then faded away. I let out a big sigh in relieve. I got on my legs, which were still slightly shaking, and turned to look at the ghost boy. He looked at me without a word. "T-thank you" I stammered. He didn't do anything nor said anything. "Who was that girl?" I asked him, but he still didn't reply. He then faded away. "Wait!" I said it to late. He was gone. How come he always disappeared, when I wanted to know more about him. That made me realise, I got the information about him. I walked over to the papers, packed them and left the basement.

The hallway was filled with students, who were on their way home. Have I been in the basement for that long? I hurried to my classroom to pick up my stuff. Luckly for me, my teacher wasn't there and I could walk home safely. When I reached my home, I let out a sigh to relax myself, before going inside. That event in the basement had really freaked me out. At least now I know that the ghost boy weren't the only ghost in school. But what did the girl want from me? The ghost boy said something about I couldn't help her. What couldn't I help her with? The questions kept appearing in my head and I never found answers to them. I let out another sigh, before opening the front door and walked inside, closing the door behind me. As I took off my shoes, my mother came to the entrance, looking confused at me. I looked at her, "I'm home" I said just as confused as she looked. "Taemin ah...how come you're home already?" She asked me. That made me more confused, "what do you mean?" I asked her. "I thought you would stay in school to make homework or hang out with your friends, like you've done the last days" she said, still confused. Oh..That's right. My mother thought I was at school making homework and then at my friend's place, like I told her. But that was only a cover. I couldn't tell her the truth. She wouldn't believe me. 

"I...I've finished my homework already and Kai is busy" I lied. I didn't like to lie to my mother, but I couldn't tell her what happened nor why I stayed at school those nights. She looked suspicious at me, but then returned to the living room. I went upstairs to my room. My mother wasn't stupid, I knew that she knew, something was going on and that I didn't tell her all. For now I must keep it a secret. If the time comes, then I'll tell her. My step-father came into my room. He was just like Heechul, going into a room before knocking. Like fahter, like son. "Taemin, do you have 10 minutes?" he asked me. I just nodded, sitting down on my bed. He sat on my chair, looking at me. "Taemin, your mother is very worried about you. You used to tell her everything on your mind, but lately you haven't told her anything. Is something wrong?" He asked me. I looked to the side, down on my bed. I always feel like he cares more for my mother than me. But somehow it doesn't borther me as much as it should. 

"Nothings wrong. I don't have to tell my mother everything on my mind", I said, not looking at him. Why wouldn't he leave me alone? How annoying. "Taemin, if you're going through some hard times, talk to us. We'll help you" he said, placing his hand on my shoulder. I don't know why, but somehow my anger rose as he touched me and I pushed his hand away and stood up. "You're not my father! It's not your job to help me like I'm your own child!" I yelled. He got surprised and shocked at the same time. It was written all over his face. He stood up as well, "don't yell at me. I'm trying my best to be a good father for you!" He didn't yell at me, but he was strict. At that moment, I didn't care about anything. I just wanted to be alone, "I never asked you to be my father and I never wanted you to be!" I could see my words hurted him. "That's it! You're grounded!" He said and left my room, slapping the door behind him. I felt weird. My did I say those things to him? I didn't mean any of it. What's wrong with me? I knew I had to apologise to him, but I decided to stay in my room the rest of the day. I thought it was better to let both of us get into a better mood. 

That evening, when I laid in my bed, I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about me yelling at my step-father. I didn't feel like myself. Suddenly I felt a cold breeze hit my skin. I sat up, looking at my window. It was closed. Weird. I laid back down, "what's wrong with me?" I mumbled in the dark. "Maybe I can answer that..." I heard a voice say. I sat right up, looking around and saw the ghost boy stading by my door, looking at me. No way. He really talked?! "Did you-", "yes, I talked" he interrupted me. I just stared at him. "I'm sorry I've been quiet the last couple of times we met, but I didn't feel safe around you before now" he said and walked closer, to the end of my bed. "Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you" he said with a kind voice. "You've waited a long time, to talk to me, right?" he asked me. I nodded, "how come you're only feeling safe around me now and not before?" I asked him. "I hadn't seen you before and suddently you started to look after me". "You noticed?" I asked him, wanting to hear more. He nodded, "I've always been around, even though you couldn't see me. I was always there. Hidding" he said. 

I sat more up in the bed, crossing my legs. "How come nobody else in the school have seen you, but me?" I asked him and he sat down next to me. "I only let you see me. I felt like you could help me. In the hallway, the first time we met, you didn't run away. You stayed and showed interest. You didn't get scared, like most people did" he explained. "Help you? With what?" I asked him. He sighed, "you know what I am, right?" I looked at him and nodded, "a ghost?" I asked and he nodded. "A living soul. I'm not dead, but I'm not quite alive either. That's what I need your help with. To become alive again" he said. I looked confused at him. What in the world was he talking about? I can't bring people back to live. "A-alive? I don't...what are you talking about? I can't bring people back to live" I said. "Yes you can. I'll show you how, but you have to agree to help me or else it won't work. Please" he begged me. I didn't know what to say. Back to live? How was that even posible? If I choose to help him, then I way end up as a crasy person. If I choose not to help him, then he'll disappear and I'll never see him again. Should I help him or not? What should I do?!

 

A: I'm trying, I'm trying, I really am >_