Chapter 1

The untold story

 

 AUTHOR"S POV

“Hyeshin-a…. what happen to you??? We are so much concern about this…Why did you broke up BAekhyun oppa?? I thought you love him so much….”, Xia asked her bestfriend as she follow her going inside the cr..

But Hyeshin was untamed giving just a poker face…

Hyeshin turn on the faucet and washes her hand..

“Hyeshin-a--…”, Xia called again but she was cut off of sudden slam on the marble washing area which made poor Xia flinched in surprise..

“Don’t bother asking it again.. I don’t have anything to explain it to you.. so back off..”, she responded coldly and about to leave when Xia burst out of crying..

“Im your bestfriend Hyeshin! IM just your bestfriend in case you don’t remember!!! Your hella acting like that!!!!!!”, but as stubborn Hyeshin is, she just walk outside..

 Xia ran after her and stood infront of her blocking,

“Jung Hyeshin!!!! No matter how I don’t believe what are they saying, I cant help it to have a doubt…. Coz you don’t give me any reasons for me to stay beside you…”, Xia crying infront of Hyeshin….. she was her true bestfriend. And Hyeshin was broken inside how she watch her being affected like this….

“Then believe what you want…I don’t mind you being with them anyway.. as long as I have Kris… I can stand alone..”, Hyeshin remarked every word so she can deeply hurt her..

“Your crazy!”, and give her loud slap across her face…

“So it’s true! Hyeshin… don’t make your parents ashamed of you one day!!”, Xia blurted out

Hyeshin was clenching her fist stopping herself hurting her

“Xia.. stop..”, she murmured

“What to stop Hyeshin??? Can you blame me?! Mouthing you s! A ! A wrecker! A !”,

“I said stop-“, and about to give her a slap

“Slap her and ill be the one to drag you on the crowd and slap you there…”, a man’s voice heard nearby,, Hyeshin’s hand trembled as he heard a familiar voice.. it was No other than his EX, Baekhyun leaning ON the POST..

Hyeshin’s breath was racing when Baekhyun skidded infront of her giving such deadly glare.. He  swept away her hand harshly…

“Do you enjoy being a Hyeshin a??? Its way disgusting already.. Slapping your own bestfriend??you already reach your limit… I don’t mind how hurt I was when you just dumped me like trash but to your companions? You’ll just have the time to regret everything…..”, Baekhyun hissed before leaving with Xia….

 

Hyeshin’s POV

 

 I was taken aback…. Woke up to the deepest hell of myself when Baekhyun showed up…. When they were enough far, my tears just ran out of control… I cant believe this is happening…… It was like living in a nightmare.. everybody were taking their back on you.but I cant blame anyone of them,,,ME myself, I cant already imagine myself now. Suddenly a body showed up infront…

“Don’t cry…You should be expecting to happen this one…. You will be okay Hyeshin as long as your with me….”, Kris mumbled

He pulled me in a tight hug………..I just closed my eyes hoping that as I open my eyes again it was Baekhyun and I are still together…

 

Baekhyun’s POV
anger and hatred enraged on me as I dragged Xia away from hyeshin. . How can she do it to her own friend??? Did she has no heart or even respect to her? I continued pulling her until I arrive at Exo K’s table at the cafeteria…Yes,, Exo was already broken because of the break up…… Everybody was greatly affected and it kills me more… knowing how long time weve been friends,, it’s really hard to imagine on that way..

“Baekhyun-a What’s wrong??? Gwenchana?”, Suho hyung queried

“Xia….Hyung.”,  Chanyeol muttered

“Baekhyun-a.. it hurts….”, Xia yelled behind as she pulled her hands back..

She massaged her wrist while snivelling….

“Im sorry…”, the only word I mouthed

The students started to eyed us..so the boys let Xia sit with us…

“YAH! What happen? Care to explain?”, Sehun whispered demandingly

“is it Hyeshin again?”, Kai butted and rolled his eyes as if on cue he knows it

The students started to murmured and the place was just so noisy again… I look up.. it was Hyeshin with Kris and the Exo M.. HYeshin’s eyes were just expressionless as ever.. Kris ignored me and pulled Hyeshin even closer… Exo M who’s helpless was behind them..They dislike the fact that Exo was broken because of a girl…. Without Kris knowing, they were still in contact with us…Ever since the break up of me and Hyeshin, Kris did not entertain or even accompany them for their favourite past time sports… He was with Hyeshin all day and all night…. And she was moved to her condo unit and now they were live in.. They cant disregard Kris that so easily like eating a candy..he was a big part of them and us as a one group….

“Don’t look..”, Xia covered my eyes “or you’ll hurt yourself again..”, she whispered face to face..

She removed her hand slowly and I was bit surprise how near my face to her…

“I want to look at them so that everytime I will meet them one day, my eyes will be tired of crying until my tears to them run out…. I wont be hurt again..”, I replied and flashed a smirk

 

FLASHBACK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkpBWO4xpHc PLAY THIS SONG

EXO were in the stage after a great booming performance from them.. The members were still in the stage for them to talk anything they want.. The students particularly the fan girls were anticipating excitedly… when Baekhyun’s turn… he search for Hyeshin and get her on the stage..

“To the beautiful woman infront of me now,,, I was so thankful I met you…Throughout the year, you were there to love me, to took care and being the person I love the most…No matter what happen….I will be here for you forever. Happy first anniversary Hyeshin-a..Saranghe…”,

As Baekhyun’s delivering his speech, chanyeol, Luhan, Tao, Sehun,DO came infront with balloons, a cake and a bouquet of red roses… Hyeshin who were stunned and in the brim of crying just stood there… Students started awed how envious Hyeshin’s situation to them..

Someone gave Hyeshin a microphone to talk…

“Baekhyun-a…(Hyeshin called as they met eyes, her tears ran down as sge saw the smile on his face..)

Baekhyun held her hands tightly with a grin intact in his face…

“We should put an end….Let’s break  up…”, Hyeshin finally talked she put her head down in ashame and guiltiness how cruel she have done in the day of their anniversary.. Baekhyun was in the state of shock, still trying to absorbed what she said..The crowd went silent,, totally dead silent…

“Hyeshin-a.. Don’t joke.. It’s not funny..”, Baekhyun said in half serious half joke manner

“YAH! HYung… Do you know this prank all about??? Common.. spill it out… I wont be mad…”, he called the attention of exo..

Hyeshin pulled her hands away on Baekhyun’s hand.. but he took it back immediately, “Hyeshin, what are you talking about??? I know you like this prank but it is no longer funny…stop acting already…. Hyeshin-a,,”, he pleadingly uttered to her

She shook her head and pulled away her hands abruptly..

“I don’t want to continue this anymore Baekhyun-a…it’s totally suffocating me to death….. I already had so many sleepless nights thinking how should I do it… Im tired of being with you… Im tired being your girlfriend..If I could just jump on other men without breaking with you, I already done it..but I cant..  I thought, loving you will be enough.. but I was wrong…..Loving can also be a tiring thing to do….”, she coldly mumbled

“Hyeshin… Jebal.. please don’t leave me,,, hyeshin-a.. please,, don’t do this to me….. I will change myself, I will do everything you want but please,…. Don’t leave me….You promise ….that you will always be here for me…..that you will always love me forever….I want you to follow your promise……”, Baekhyun cried kneeling down infront of her…pleading and begging her to stay…..

Hyeshin took her step backwardly…. And ran away….
END

 

Kris’s POV

I pressed the password on the door and clicked open revealing my condo unit.. Hyeshin came in first and immediately layed down herself on the bed in a fetal position.

“are you not going to eat?”, I asked

But she was too occupied I guess, because she did not respond.. I left the room and eat my dinner alone…it’s already 10 pm and she did not came down… I check on her and she was still there with the same position…The food I serve on the tray were also not moved. I turn off the light leaving the lamp shade lightens the area slightly..and layed beside her..

She was crying again…..crying all over again….I put on my left arm on her nape and back hug her..

“Hyeshin… your dinner is set… Want to carry you down?”, I offered but she shook her head in instant.. I turn her back so she can face me.. I lifted her chin revealing a frail hyeshin…

I tucked the remaining hair onto her ears so as clear as water I can barely see her pretty face.. She skidded closer responding a tighter hug while her head was on my chest..

“I can’t take it anymore…I cant take any longer…why I just cant die right now Kris? It hurts me so much being such a burden on you…”, she sobbed

“Your not burden Hyeshin… I know how hard your situation right now,, but all you have to do..dont lose hope and courage on yourself… Since that day.. I felt I have the responsibility to look after you… I will always be here, remember that…”,

Flashback

After school, I went to appa’s hospital,( he is the owner and at the same time full time neurologist and surgeon) to give his phone because he left on the house this morning…

“Kris.. thank god you made it.. I badly needed my phone now…”, he said as he receive the bag

“I bought your lunch…so you wont bother to come down…”, I hinted

“Ai,, CHinchayo? Thanks for that son.. Anyway, I should go now.. I have a patient suffering from cephaliccarcinoma (Brain tumor).. poor girl.. she’s still young and many things she can do…”, appa sadly mouthed

“oh.. arasso. I will go now..”, I bidded and closed the door..

Halfway walking out of the hospital, I forgot to tell something urgent on appa.. I have to ask permission scratch that additional allowance going Europe for the Ferrari racing league for 1 week together with EXO.. We are scheduled to go the day after tomorrow.. I ran back to his office but unfortunately he was nowhere.

“Dad!!!!”, I called while scanning the room.. When I heard a noise behind the changing room.. I walk near and abruptly pulled the white cloth revealing a familiar back… she was wearing a hospital dress which half untied at the back exposing her flawless white back…but I was surprised identifying the woman.. it was Jung Hyeshin…

“Kris?”, she was shockingly mumbled

“what are you doing here??? Are you…..sick??”,

She looked down and nodded..
(Is she my father’s patient talking about? With brain tumor?)

“Did baekhyun knew this?”,

“Please don’t tell him…. Please don’t tell anyone about my condition…please.. Kris. Im begging..”, she cried

“But.. Baekhyun was your boyfriend, your family has the right to know about this hyeshin…”,

She held my shoulder still her tears continuously ran down..

“Please… I don’t want them to be troubled taking care of me because im sick.. I don’t want them to be hurt…”, Then started shooking me

“DO you hear me Kris!!! SO don’t tell them!!! Coz, my remaining days are counted!! So please.. help me..”, then she passed out..

“Kris, what happen?”, appa asked panicly behind

I swiftly carried her on the bed then watch nervously what my dad doing to her.. He injected something on her and connected a machine on her chest..

When things are all okay now.. appa came out of the room.. removing his gown and stethoscope..

“Are you two know each other Kris?”,

“Deh appa.. she was Baekhyun’s girlfriend……”,

“Why is her eyes puffed? Did she cry?”,

“She begged me not to tell anyone else about her condition…. I don’t know what to say that time, maybe it made her stressed…”,

“She also tell that to me…her parents have no idea also on her illness.. She cant undergo a surgery because it needs parental and guardian permission…so right now, she’s taking pills and cream to ease the pain she was experiencing everytime it strikes her to…”,

Kris watched the sleeping figure of Hyeshin, soften how angelic she were..

“Appa.. hands over her to me… I’ll take care of her….”,

“Kris, it’s not so easy as you think, taking the full responsibility on her..”,

“Appa. Trust me.. I can handle it.. I was irresponsible when umma died just as the same case like her…”,

“ If that’s what you like then Kris…. You can take her.. but ask if she like too..”.

END

 Since that time, my life change… I set aside my life in order I can took care of Hyeshin full time.. Accompanying her in weekly check-up, buying her medicines and many more just to be with her everyday… For a woman like her living in her remaining days should be cherished and memorable… if ever time will come, she has many moments to treasure on her heart as she cross the path to the heaven……. Hyeshin, was a cheerful, sweet and at the same a brave person, for she was alone battling for her own life..

As her condition got worser, she cried again nonstop….. the same day, were we performed on the school, she broke up formally with him.. That’s her plan from the very beginning… Make all people hate and despised her, if ever she die… no single person will cry infront of her tomb… No heartaches no tears and no pains………….. She still think the other people sake before herself..

 

Author’s POV

Hyeshin woke up in Kris’s arm.. at the middle of the night.. but then an urged of vomiting makes her ran quickly on the toilet.. she was clutching on her stomach how hurt she was…  her heart beat became irregular which made her more palpitated…….she held her chest area trying to breath….

“Kris!! Kris..”, she shouted for help

Kris were woken up due on Hyeshin’s scream, he ran on inside and saw Hyeshin having a hard time…
he swiftly carried her on the bed and panicly called his father….

“Appa.. Hyeshin… she is in danger.. she cant breath….”,

“Did she not took her medicine..”,

“I forgot to,,, What shall I do?”,

“Go get the syringe and shot her up on the chest part….”,

“Appa… How can I do it.? Im still studying…”,

“I know your smart son! You can do it!! Just remember what I just taught you…Go get the syringe.. ill supervise you!!!’,

Kris put on loudspeaker  so he can hear his father.. He right away opened the syringe and put on the needle…. He followed his father advise on how to do it…
“take off her clothes including her brassiere….”,

Kris was hesistating doing it,,because it may misunderstood…..

“Just do it Kris!!!! I cant.. breath”, Hyeshin called

She let Hyeshin (ventral) lie on the bed  and begin loosening her brassiere..  and inserted the needle on right on the part of the lung …. Hyeshin bite her lip how painful it was feeling right now. There were no anaesthesia that will makes her whole body numb… Kris pulled on the plunger at a time, bloody fluid came out.he repeated doing this until she fell asleep ..

Kris let out a sighed as the medicine takes it effect immediately… He put on a plaster on the site of puncture and pulled a blanket on hyeshin’s before heading out to his room… when hyeshin’s phone ringed…. It’s a call from no other than Baekhyun… once he felt uncertainly in his life… he was hesitating to answer it and this is his chance to tell everything to him about her condition….but something is holding him back….. his love for Hyeshin…..

 


 


Exo K accompanied Baekhyun to have a drink in a club… Xia was there too… Baekhyun sitted at the counter area while the others where in the lounge watching at him… He drink all served drinks on him one shot….Exo cant help it but to feel pity towards their friend..drinking endlessly..

 

BAekhyun’s POV

Every shot, every drink I take.. Im hoping that this hard feelings will fade away one by one.. This is how I think I can manage myself……….. I prefer to be numb forever just not to feel this kind of pain anymore … I just cant hide to myself, that even how cruel and painful it was… I still love Hyeshin…. I just cant forget her… her face, her smile that still lingers on me everytime….  After the break up part, I don’t have the chance to talk to her privately since Kris is always there… I need to know everything….everything….. I pressed her number in and  waited her to answer it…..

“Please press the voice mail button and leave you message..”, the mail said.(She’s not picking it up)

Then a two men sitted beside me while chatting about someone.. when I heard Hyeshin’s name bad mouthing at her…. They called her and many more which made my blood boils in anger… I slammed my fist at the counter and glared at the them..
“whats your problem on her??? Did she do something wrong on you and that’s why your trash talking on her like that??!?”, and grabbed him on the collar.

“I should be the one asking you like that dude….. So what’s the matter if I say she’s a ??? Im  just talking the truth..”, he dared

“You bastard!!!!”, and punch him on his face.. he stumbled down, I grabbed again his collar making to him to stand and punch him again..

 The riot started as they called their own back up… tables, chairs are all scattered at every corner… it was all mess.. Xia who cant control the chaos anymore… so she called the security for help… Exo K was also there….with cuts and pop lips…

“Oppa!!! Please! Stop!!! Please!!!’, Xia cried as she watch them throw their punch on each other faces..

Then the police respond team came…. All of them are arrested and brought to the police department.. everybody was interrogated except to Baekhyun who just remained silent..

“Baekhyun-a.. tell them what exactly happened?”, Suho demanded

“Ok.. Sir, if you have nothing else to say..you will be charge on public scandal if ever the two don’t want to settle in…”. the chief announced
Baekhyun was not in his self… Xia and Suho manage to make a deal to the victims and compensate them 1million Korean won…
“We need to go… Kai, can you send Xia home? It will be so dangerous for her to go alone…”,

“No need Suho oppa. I can drive my car, and besides your all injured and tired, just take care yourselves first.. I have to go now then…”. Xia left first followed by them,, SUho as the leader, was the one send Baekhyun’s home… As he drove back to his house, he passed by the condominium building where Kris lived.. He decided to drop by to talk for an important matter,,

Fortunately, Kris was still awake..

“Whats the matter in this late night visit Suho?’, Kris coldly querried as they took a seat at the black leather couch..

And then he notice the cuts on his face, “Did you fight?’,

“Just awhile ago….. and BAekhyun did,,,”,

“What happen then?”,

“Good thing is the victims agreed to be compensated in order to close the case…but the bad thing is……..”,

“The  bad thing is what?”,

“It’s all about Hyeshin again…………..”, Suho confesses in a lonely manner

Kris who take in a deep breath that changes his mood…

‘so what do you want me to do?”,

“Frankly speaking Kris……you should get yourself out between the two of them…”,

“That’s impossible Suho… I can help but not in that way..”, Kris retorted and about to leave when Suho got angry

“why not??!! Kris..our friendship is at risk……. It’s slowly vanishing away..!!! We fought each other…and that’s because of Hyeshin.. God damnit!!”,

Kris was provoked to and punch Suho that makes him down on the floor.
“ I care for you all guys… but I care more for Hyeshin because she needs me…Baekhyun can wait and all of you can wait anytime but Hyeshin cant!!!!!Hyeshin cant wait tomorrow or the next day because every single minute.. it’s important to her… Can you understand SUho!!!?! So don’t blame her!!!”, Kris reached his limit…and got burst out everything he wants to say

“Kris….what are you saying?”, Hyeshin called behind who seems awaken to the commotion

“Hyeshin..”, Suho mumbled who seems shock as she saw Hyeshin’s enervated weak face and body for the first time.. maybe the bb cream conceal everything..

“Kris… what is he doing here???! What the two of you talking about????!!Why are you yelling?!! Are you fighting??!”, Hyeshin became hysterically interrogating

“Hyeshin… go back to sleep-“, Kris trying to calm her and assisted to go back to her room but Hyeshin swept his hands away

“No Kris! Something is wrong here!!Did you by chance-“,

“What’s going on here???! Hyeshin..your face…your body…what happen?”, as he notice purple to blackish spot on her arms and legs. “Are you hiding something???!!! Are you sick???!!! Tell me Hyeshin!!!!”, Suho harshly shake her

“Stop it!!”, as he try to hold on Suho.

“Tell me!!! Hyeshin TELL ME!!”,

“Deh!!!........IM sick and about to die!!!! Im dying..”,Hyeshin yelled back followed by a waterfall in her eyes

Suho was on the state of shock as he slowly move backward and stumbled down on the couch.. his thoughts were rumbled…

“Im tired of answering you all people!!!! Im tired of hearing and uttering Die on my own mouth…..Why cant you just not remember me!!! So I can die peacefully!!!!”, Hyeshin who was out of control of her emotion.. she ran away and slammed the door closed..

“Go home SUho… now that you found out the truth.. there’s no reason for you to stay…Just shut your mouth for awhile”, Kris bidded and headed upstairs..

 




 

Author’s POV

Kris and Hyeshin came in school together, as they walk on the corridor students started to look at her disgustingly but she choose to be quiet. Kris who was enraged on how pathetic they are…. Until after class, daggers and glares shoots at her..it was breaktime and students are freely to go on the cafeteria. Hyeshin who were packing up her things while waiting for Kris to fetch her when she felt the urged of puking, she covered and ran at the restroom..

Kneeling down on the toilet bowl, the bitter taste makes her more nauseous.. clutching tightly on her stomach.. she was about to stand up when her vision became blurry to dark until she sees nothing..she blinked her eyes numerous times until it back to normal. As she flashed down the toilet, she unlock the door and approach on the washing area.

“Are you vomiting awhile ago??”, Yeji said smirking

“Did i? I thought it was you…”,

“Common Hyeshin. Don’t be a playing … Are you pregnant??!”,and harshly pulled her arms. “Tell me!!”,

“What’s with this puncture in your arms???! Are you also taking drugs???!!what the hell!”, Yeji blurted out

“So what’s on you if I am?”,Hyeshin shot back and pushed Yeji down

“YAH!!!! YOU !!!!”, she screamed on top of her breath as Hyeshin took her leave.

(Just prepare HyeshiN!!! Let me give you a lesson you wont ever forget..) Yeji curled her fist smirking as she thought a great bad idea for herself.

 

Hyeshin who was limping going back on their room…the puncture wounds on her arms is also caused by her frequent injections, and blood test she was undertaken to..she felt exhausted and weak after that confrontation… her vision became blurry again… she was about to slip down when Kris held her hand in assistance.. Exo K who was watching on the scene at the corner full of questions about her, Suho who worries a lot on her condition cant contain his frighten anymore. Baekhyun who was standing there, helpless and at the same time glaring towards at them….his hatred vanished quickly when he notice that Hyeshin is not feeling well, obviously on her, she was getting thinner,paler, with  semi visible black lines under her eyes… He was about to ran as Hyeshin was about to fall but his legs didn’t follow his command… he just froze while Kris do the job….and watching their back until they were gone out his sight.

 

Kris got Hyeshin’s waist and supported her to his car..

“Gwenchana??? How do you feel right now? Lets go in the hospital..”<

“No… please..i don’t want to go back there again.. Im ok.. maybe I was so tired..”,

“Hyeshin..”,

“Kris…im fine… I just want to go back home..”, she turned her back at him slightly curling on the sit

Kris who was afraid that something might happen on Hyeshin… She fell asleep then, kris notice it and reached his cellular phone, dialling his father’s number

“Deh.. We will visit today…”, and hang up. As kris finish the phone call he made U turn back at going to his father’s hospital..

“What are we doing here??! I told you about this Kris!”, Hyeshin let out her anger

“No! Your not fine!!!!! YOUR SICK REMEMBER??? SO YOUR NOT FINE!!!”, Kris yelled back as he cant able to watch her worsening condition
*PAK* Hyeshin was surprised by herself.. she should not do that to him…..

“kris. Im sorry. I didn’t meant to –“, she was cut off

“Hyeshin… for once let me do this for you…”, Kris mumbled and dragged her inside.

 



 

AT THE OFFICE
“Hyeshin..”, The doctor’s intro whom to be Kris father

“Just tell me….”she emotionlessly said while sitting on the wheel chair.

Dr. Wu opened the file folder revealing a big film from ct scan result of Hyeshin..

“The cancer cells were spreading out so quickly affecting your different sensory organs and so with possible with your voluntary muscle like your heart…That means…as I refer on what have you reported and the referral laboratory results..Im sorry..but you can lose your vision and at the same time…and theres a possibility that your heart will stop beating any moment…Your in your pre- terminal stage now Hyeshin..”. Dr. Wu confessed

Hyeshin breath became faster.. cant contain anymore the bad feelings she has. It’s like her soul were separated on her body on that time…

“But you can ease your headache if ever it occurs again.. take some strong pain killer..and------“,

“Do I still have enough time??”,

“hyeshin….”, Kris called her attention but she was sternly looking at with the doctor.

“if you want to live more…come and do your chemotheraphy now..”.

Hyeshin grinned trying to cover up again herself

“Im going back to school…”,she just said

“I already told you before but your not listening Hyeshin….”. Kris father uttered

“Kris lets go..”, Hyeshin demanded almost yelling

“Hyeshin..you should stay..”,Kris objected

“Kris!!”, she insistently yelled

“Stay!”,

Hyeshin took a deep breath and facepalmed. “I will think it first..”,

“There’s no more time to think about this Hyeshin…If I were you, sign the contract and follow the medication…Cant you think of your parents? Your friends and everybody who always there for you? Your being selfish and unfair…Hyeshin..think deeply…”, Dr. Wu who was trying to convince her..

 

But as stubborn hyeshin is, she rolled the wheels and leave.

 Kris’s POV
“You should convince him Kris…. Her condition was the most crucial episode in a cancer patient…Pains and aches will be more frequent.. …and she might be paralysed as well.. depending the affect of the cancer cells on her brain..”,appa reminded

“How far she can survived if ever she will agree on chemotheraphy?? Will it help her to get well?..”, I asked on my curiosity

“20%..”,

“Only 20%?”,

“I cant guarantee her that’s she will be cured totally.. Even the medicine will take effect if her own body give up.. I cant do anything but we should accept it...However, Hyeshin is a strong girl..she was able to stand up on her own feet without the aide of her parents..but Kris, as Hyeshin new guardian.. I think you have most hardest part…as early as now… I think you should start to tell it to her parents and friends…They have also the rights to know her condition.”, appa patted my shoulder and gave a supportive smile..

 

As I came out of the office, I found hyeshin pushing the wheels by her hands, stop as she arrived infront of the elevator. I walked infront of her and kneel at her level, her face shows grievances, her fear….I know Hyeshin will act like this, she wont ever undergo chemotheraphy for some reason she have..

Her sister died also in cancer, the doctors promise them to save her sister, they even sell everything they have, from their car, jewelries and to the extent of selling their house in order she can have the full round session of chemotheraphy but life was not that great to them..she died as her body can no longer handle the strong drugs and lasers that penetrate her. That’s why Hyeshin for herself afraid of undergoing the treatment..She believes that doctors always have false promises because in the end she will die just like any other cancer patients. Her chance to survive? It’s only 20%, but still the 80% chance she cant make it. If she can survive, the chance of sensory impairment like loss of her sight, or even memory loss can occur at her.

“Let’s go home….”, she timidly said and look up with bright smile at me. I softened how brave she is.. she can still smile…that’s what I admire at her…she took it positively even it almost tear her apart.

I cupped her face as my thumb wipe the tears that fall down on her cheeks.

“You will be fine Hyeshin…..everything will be alright?”, I cooed

 







 

Hyeshin’s POV

I was still lying on my bed, I was supposed to go on the school but Kris refuse me to go out. I felt so ashame knowing that Kris has also his own life to do but here I am being a burden on her back… half of his allowance spent for my medicines and other medical needs.. He even give up the luxuries he should have since he was just their family’s only child…Kris already have many things he wasted because of  me, he cant go with his friends because of me.. he cant do the normal things should a young man experience… and now planning to stop his education and all because of me.. If my presence here makes everybody feel burden…it is rightful for me to go..

FLASHBACK

I woke up in the middle of the night with dry throat so I  decided to go in the kitchen to drink some water when I heard a noise…it’s Kris who was in the phone talking to someone…

“Im sorry Dr. John.. but I cant accept it for now…I have a more important matter to prioritize …and I my possibly quit medicine…. DEh.. I will Sir..”, and turn off the call

I was stunned hearing those words from him… it hurts to see him like that.. he has nothing to do with me so why doing this everything…???!!! Where is the cool and obnoxious Kris that I know? He was being so desperate for a woman who is dying…..HE’s destroying his life for me!!!!

I stepped back and ran back to my room.

 

Author’s POV

 A week after Hyeshin came back to school in order she can catch up on her subject requirements. She was dressed nicely on her knee length uniform..her face was still flawless and pretty always, thanks to the magic of cosmetics, it hides all the imperfections.

As she go on her room,  one of her classmates approach her.

“Hyeshin-a! Your badly needed at the principal’s office…”. She calmly said

“wae?”,

“I don’t know… but I think it’s important.”, she smile

When Hyeshin was about to leave, she run infront of her.

Hyeshin gave her a questioning look, “ OH! There’s a gum stick on your bag. Let me take it…”, trying to hold on her bag

“NO. it’s fine.. Ill take care of it at home.”, Hyeshin refused

“It’s ok… what if you go first at the office and fetch your bag afterwards… I promise I wont open our bag as if I am a clepto..”, and gave assuring look.

Hyeshin hesitate at first but  later she give a try.

 

When she gone back at the room,  she found her bag scattered at the teachers table, she grabbed for it and about to leave the room when her eyes caught the writing on the walls  of their corridor ,vandalized by her name with many trash comments at her. Her seat was dumped by garbage from the canteen. Yeji stepped up out of the crowd and stand beside her.

“so, how’s the baby Hyeshin???Is it still there?? I bet you already shot drugs and abort that goddamn baby of yours.. how sadistic!”, Yeji hissed

Hyeshin scoffed at her comment and glared as she turn her head to her.

“what are you talking about??”,

“Hyeshin baby.. don’t act innocent..  it never suite you..”she mocked then she forcefully grabbed hyeshin’s bag.

“YAH! Give it back!”, Hyeshin yelled

Exo step up the commotion except to Suho and Kris who has still class to attend, “OPpa!! You got the right time coming here… coz I will exposed the dirtiest and stinkiest secret of this girl she ever had..!!!””, Yeji smirked as she trying to act cutely infront of baekhyun. BAekhyun who has hard expression as he swept away Yeji’s arm on him.

“SO let see, what drugs your taking in!!”, she smirked

Hyeshin got nervous on how frantic Yeji is.

“Just leave me alone Yeji..”, Hyeshin warned as her tears stock on her eyes gradually.

Yeji opened the zipper on  her bag and thow everything outside, as she found out the thing she want to.

“ misoprostol??, this is for medicine for you to bleed right?? Why do you have this???”, Yeji said in mocking manner

Hyeshin gasped at the situation… she was frame up… Her medicine was altered on purpose.

Hyeshin glanced to the girl whom she trusted her bag to,, she was smirking

She was helpless as she looked at the peoples eye’s having a bad impression on her… even exo who cant  hid their frustration..

When a cold water showered down on her.. Her skin shivered as she was totally drenched. She became the pool of laughters at that time

“Serves you right! !”, Yeji shouted and throw the bag at her before they all walk out. Except for Exo who were standing still infront of her..

“Why are you looking at me like that????! Tell me! Don’t tell me you believe all this s?”, Hyeshin retorted

Exo who were taken aback at sudden burst of Hyeshin… But Baekhyun talked

“You cant blame them since you gave them a  bad impression…”, Baekhyun uttered

Hyeshin was taken aback about Baekhyun’s word at first but she tried to maintain her composure, letting out a smirk… Baekhyun twitched his eyebrow as Hyeshin walk near at him.

“Right.. My bad.. Which is which.. Believe them if you want, I don’t care.. Byun Baekhyun-ssi..”, she called

Baekhyun’s faced hardened.. as he look at hyeshin face to face but at the same time being hypnotize on her almond eyes. Hyeshin skidded nearer, Baekhyun was like out of his mind standing still. Hyeshin put her right hand on Baekhyun’s cheek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzHE8UsYb8Q

“Get over about me..”, she whispered but enough for him to hear it. When she was about to remove her hand, Baekhyun prevent her to do so and so he did yanked her on a tight    hug. Hyeshin was flabbergasted… she misses his touch… she misses his voice.. she miss everything about him. He buried his head on her neck letting him to smell her scent…….. the scent that he was intoxicated to… the smell of her… makes him to yearn for her… He didn’t care if his clothes will get wet.. all he did on his mind is HER… The both of them wishes that this moment will last… but there’s always a contradiction… Tears started to fall on hyeshin’s eyes but she kept her sob in…. she slowly took off his hands around her but Baekhyun made it more tighter preventing her to go..

“Please don’t leave me….. I cant live with you by my side.. I love you Hyeshin…. I will always do… just stay for me”, Baekhyun begged..... he was melted that so easily

She was shocked… he was crying…

(Even how much I do love you…… I cant hold you anymore… like forever.. because I know I will leave you soon…. I don’t want you to live in a miserable life with me…. Im setting you free.. Baekhyun… my LOVE) she thought

She firmed her hold on him… sweeping away his hands completely. She returned into a cold mean woman again…

“Don’t do that again Baekhyun-ssi…… or Kris will be mad at me… he’s too precious for me to lose him… I hope…. I cleared myself on your eyes….”, she said. She turn her back at him, picking up her bag and left.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

The slow motion part ended as Hyeshin turn her back at me…. I want to stop her…. I want to hold her and be my side… but my body choose not to do… I felt numb as I knelt down on the floor. Exo came rush on my side..

“Baekhyun-a!”, Suho called.. Everybody was calling me around asking if im ok but like my body…. Everything stop working… I glanced at Suho… and there was Kris but right away avoided my gaze  and ran after Hyeshin.

 

Kris’s POV
“ Hyeshin! Wait!”, I called but she keep on walking away. She was all wet walking like a drunk man.

“HyeshiN!”, I called her again but this time she fainted and fell on the floor.I ran as fast I can, “YAH! Hyeshin! Wake up!”, I shook her, she’s burning hot.

“Hyeshin-a!! Wake up!”, but she’s not opening her eyes, she was shivering and so did I carried her inside my car and drove to the hospital. I already called appa about her condition, keep her awake until we reach in the hospital or else the brain will stop reacting on different sensory organs like the heart, letting it stop beating.. she may die.

“Hyeshin…”, I tapped her cheeks while my other focus was on the road.

She gradually opened her eyes… “Kris….”,

“Hyeshin. Listen to me… Don’t sleep.. arasso???? Keep your eyes open….. Please… Hyeshin… don’t sleep until we reach the hospital….. “, I was panicly telling her… I step on the accelerator as fast I can.. We need to reach there as soon as possible.

 

 When we arrive at the emergency area, as I took off her seatbelt,,, I notice.. her eyes were already close.. her chest stop rising or any sign of breathing.. “Hyeshin!!!!!!!!”, I yelled

I carried her on inside.. The nurses and doctors right away administered us.. I lay her at the bed and carried her on the room.

“Vital Signs…”, The doctor commanded

They connected different wires on her body….. This is my first time felt very scared on my whole life… I was just there standing behind them,, doing nothing.
“Blood pressure and pulse pressure… DOWN!”, the assisting nurse said

“Breathing… Down!!”,

The doctor check on her eyes… her pupil still reacting on the light.

“Patient is unconscious..”, the doctor said

Then the machine ringed…   the beep was going faster..

I was alarmed… “Hyeshin! HOLD ON!!!”,

The doctor held ****** “300… Ready!”, and damp at Hyeshin’s chest

“350! Ready!”, they did it on consecutively until the beep slows again.

 

“Kris!”, appa called

“APPa!”,

“How is she.. she’s safe ….for now..”, I mumbled

Appa approaches the attending physician that administered Hyeshin’s awhile ago.. they were discussing something and then Hyeshin was send to the Intensive Care unit, waiting for her to wake up again…

 

Author’s POV
Kris was sitting at the benches outside of the ICU, were not still allowed to go in,, Hyeshin’s condition is still critical in her case.

“Kris..”, his father called

“appa.. Wae? What’s HYeshin state as of now?’. He bombarded him questions

His father let out a sigh, He put his hand on his son’s shoulder,

“It’s take it or leave it my son… She’s getting worse.. We cant let her to go out of the hospital now… She needs an intensive examination and treatments. You should convince her or not…. You should decide what will be the best for her..”. Dr. Wu said

“How much… time… left for ….her??”, Kris was stuttering as he was stopping himself to cry at that moment.

“ A month… it depends if she will undergo lasers… possibilities are open… In order to do that, she needs to stop schooling…”,

“Deh….. I will file for it as soon as possible..”,

“Kris, you should still ask her…”,


“Her life was at stake… There’s no more time to think about it right… Dad?”,

“I understand you son… if that’s the case. I will inform the body for chemotheraphy as soon as she woke up..”, and patted his son’s shoulder before leaving.

 

Kris did not left… he stayed until the next day… Kris attended his morning class that day when he pass by the administration building..

 

“Oh, Mr. Wu, why are you here?”, the OIC ask

“I am here to talk about the scandal yesterday… I hope you don’t mind, “, Kris said

“ Im sorry but in Hyeshin’s case., the board decided expulsion for her misconduct. Im sorry.”,  the president apologized

 

“ and one more thing sir,,,,,I am dropping out.”,

“Bwoh??? Wae?? Mr. Wu you were the best of your class. And besides your a university scholar… “ I drop because of two reasons sir…… I NEED TO AND I WANT TO… I know that in exchange of this would be my dream to be a professional doctor in the future ….but I know I can wait for a right time…. And im doing this to protect people I love the most…”, Kris said

The president let out a sigh…. It seems he cannot do anything now..

He signed the papers and put a mark on it to ensure it’s validity..

“Mr. Wu.. our university will be open for you anytime…. I hope you decided right..”, and give a hand shake to him.

Kris bowed in respect to the officer before going out… as he came out of the building, he made way to his locker and packed everything inside.. his books, lab gowns and many more…  Everybody was all eyes on him, they were confuse. As Kris finish cleaning up, he took a deep breath and locked it..leaving the key on the knob. He slowly walk away and gave a last glance on the area before leaving out.

 

Hyeshin’s POV
As I slowly opened my eyes, I  was in this unfamiliar white room with machines beeping,  I remember I was in the school…and i…………….about the incident with Baekhyun. I groaned in pain as I move a bit, I notice a  yellow ribbon band on my hand, why do I have this??? It’s a color code for undergoing chemotherapy.. My breath fasten and I got totally panic..

“Kris!!!!!!”, I shouted but no one answered

“Kris!!!......”, I called again hysterically… I tried to got up but It was a fail, my body doesn’t want to listen, pulling out the iv needle on my hand. I cried and started throwing away thing beyond my reach.

 

The nurses and doctors seems to heard the banging sound and right away run on Hyeshin’s room.

“Hyeshin… please be calm…”, Doctor Wu said

The nurses were holding on her trying to stop on hurting herself….Kris came in a time….. his heart broke up as he witness Hyeshin’s grieved…

“Kris.. please help me!! Kris…..”, Hyeshin pleaded on him but Kris was totally in shock state….. Doctor Wu has no choice but to shot her with sedatives to keep her calm.. Gradually as the medicine take it’s effect, hyeshin was out of anxiety.

 

Author’s POV

Just like a wildfire, the drop out news of Kris spread all over the university… Exo were all daze and confuse about Kris plan. Baekhyun became more miserable everyday… Xia who cant contain the sadness on Hyeshin’s expulsion, even though they have bad status.. she was still her bestfriend…. They got on their cellphones and contacted the two of them…. But they were busy or phone was off.

“We need to talk to them……. They were hiding something from us!’, Xia has a bad feeling with this sudden coldness of Hyeshin and this dropping out of Kris…

Suho was too quiet as he already know the answer….. (Kris already decided….He’s leaving for good and for Hyeshin..)

“You know what… we better see them right now…”, Luhan said in angry manner

“Stop….”, Suho called

“Wae?? Suho..-“, Xia was cut off

“Let them for now….”, he muttered

“Let them? It’s more than enough that we let them do anything they want….. We are all hurt about this……

You like it or not…… I will go…”, Xia announced

As everybody had the same decision, they started walk out of the lounge… Suho cant shut up his mouth anymore…. He need to confess……

“Hyeshin is sick….”,

They froze on their spot….. still trying to absorbed what he just said…

“Come again??”, Xia asked

But suho did not respond anymore… “Oppa… say it again…”, Xia pleaded

“Oppa! Oppa!!! Oppa…”, Xia shook Suho harshly…. Her tears flowed down like a waterfalls. Suho look at her with gloomy expression..

“Hyung…”, Sehun mumbled

“Hyung! What are you talking about??”, Baekhyun grabbed Suho’s collar    

“ Ask Kris… all I know she is sick…she is confined at Seoul District”, Suho muttered.. Baekhyun right away release him and dash to the hospital. Tao made a call to Kris….

“Kris ge…. We will visit you there….I feel sorry to noona…Suho ge already talk to us.”, Tao said at the other line… Little they didn’t know… Hyeshin was on the other line….