(Day five: Friday, February 8th, 2013)

Five days in Black Manor

Lily was having the time of her life in this body. She was able to do things, go places; eat things that she has never once tasted before, but always wanted to try. Of course, to be able to leave the manor, she had to get rid of the blasted man that currently owned it. It’s because he refused to let her leave unless she finished the day out.

~This morning~

 “You can’t leave until you’ve acted out the rest of today, Taemin. That is what the five of you signed up for and you aren’t going to leave until then.” The man states firmly.

“For the last time, old man, I am not Lee Taemin and the other four are dead because I killed them.” Lily retorts.

“That is because it is what they are to act out, just like you are to act as Lily Black.”

“No,” Lily sighs in frustration, “I am trying to tell you that I really did kill Lee Jinki, Choi Minho, Kim Jonghyun and Kim Kibum. And once again, I am not Lee Taemin; I am Lily Black.”

He looked terrified out of his mind and shook his head as if he was trying to deny it. It was getting annoying really quick. “It’s only an act. It’s a reenactment museum and they are supposed to reenact it, you are supposed to reenact it.”

“Well, how is this for reenacting?” Lily asks rhetorically, picking up a flower vase and smashing it against his head. It wasn’t enough to knock him unconscious, but it was enough to knock him off balance. “Do you still think that I am acting?” She picks up a decent size piece of the broken vase and inches toward the man. “Do you still want to deny it?”

“I think that you are taking this a bit too seriously.”

The sheer annoyance of this was enough to drive anyone to murder this man. Lily grabbed a hold of his collar and forced the piece of broken vase into his throat. She let go of him and he fell to the floor choking on blood and gasping for air. “You should have just listened to me and let me leave.”

~Now~

Now, she was able to leave, only there was one small little problem. She had no idea where to go and no means of transportation to get there. She looked around the streets at all the fancy looking cars. She has seen them before, but not up close. She wondered if she could even drive one of them. “It’s best not to test it, yeah?” She looked down the street and noticed a board with a map on it. Curious, she walks toward the map to take a better look.

It had so many places on it. A place called Starbucks, a McDonalds, and a lot of other places. What stood out the most was a little spot that had the words subway on it. “That’s not too far from here. I wonder if that will help me get somewhere.”

“Are you really going to go somewhere, in a place that is foreign to you and use something that you have no knowledge of?”

“Then why don’t you help me then, Taemin?”

“You were the one that wanted my body for your own personal use, now you get to figure out the rest by yourself.”

“Was that a cackle that I heard, Taemin?” She asks, but doesn’t get an answer in return. She just shrugged and started to walk in the direction of the subway. It wasn’t a terribly long way from the manor, but the crowd of people made it difficult to get there. “Were there always this many people that walked the streets?”

“Oh my god, it is Taemin…” A crowd of girls scream and start running toward her. “Oppa!!! Taemin oppa!”

Lily didn’t know what to do, so she just ran the rest of the away. Once in the subway and on the thing that looked like a train, she sighed and sat down in the nearest seat. “If that is what it’s like to be famous and have people fawning all over you, then I don’t want it.”

“So I can have my body back?” Taemin asks and then snickers.

“I never said that.”

“It was implied.”

“Excuse me, but can I sit there?”

Lily looks up to me the eyes of a pregnant woman and glares at her. “No. I just sat down.”

The women smiles sadly and bows slightly, “Forgive me then.”

“Great, not only am I a murderer, I am also going to be known as the maknae that is rude to pregnant woman. Thank you, Lily.”

*

Taemin had to find a way to get his body back before she did anymore damage. But what other damage could she cause? He is already considered a murder and once it makes it to the public eye, he will be hated and thrown into prison. If he were to be honest with himself, there was really nothing worth getting his body back for. His parents would even disown him because of what he did. There was really nothing left for him to do.

But there was one thing. Death.

That was the answer, the only way out. He had to figure out a way to get himself killed, or to just simply kill himself. He just had to find an opening to take over his body long enough to be able to do it though, but how?

*

Lily stood on  a bridge over looking a lot of buildings and cars, people walking on sidewalks and young people carrying bags and dressed in what Lily has found out to be school uniforms. “I just don’t get it,” she says and sips at her mocha. “I asked for a coffee with whipped cream and chocolate and they gave me this. Is this even coffee?”

“Things have changed since the twenties.”

“So I’ve noticed, Taemin, but coffee is coffee and pasta with sauce should be easy to serve someone.”

“Things have changed since the twenties.” Taemin repeats. “There are more ways to make coffee and different flavors; more ways to serve pasta and different types.”

“And you suddenly need something called an identification card to drink liquor?” She looks over at the same bar that she tried to walk into and order something from and sighs. “This is depressing and now I have control over my body again- wait.”

Taemin found his opening just like Lily had found hers. Through depression and the reality that something didn’t goes as expected for her. “That was really easy. I guess you aren’t as strong emotionally as you thought you were.”

“What are you doing?” She asks while being forced to drop her mocha and climb over the railing to stand on the small edge of the bridge. “Are you really…”

“See, I have come to the realization that the only way to get my body back is to kill myself.” Taemin says and forces her remove one of her hands from the railing. “If I kill myself, then you die along with me and then you’ll never be able to possess anyone ever again.”

“You do realize that your theory is the most stupid thing to ever think of, right?”

“Maybe, but I have nothing left to lose. Everything I love is either gone or will hate me.”

And with that said, Taemin forced his other hand to let go of the railing and he leaned forward, falling to the cold tarred road. This would have only brought him close to death, what would kill him instantly was his body being ran over by a car. And that is what did it. A car had run over him before they had the chance to stop and it killed him instantly.


Taemin woke up in tears. He looked around room and rubs at his eyes. What is he doing in a hospital room and why his he here? His eyes fall on Minho with his head lying on his arms. “Hyung…?”

Minho stirs and he lifts his head. He rubs the sleep from his eyes and a smile finds its way to his lips when he sees Taemin. “You’re awake.”

“What happened?” Taemin asks. He reaches out to touch Minho’s face and begins to cry again once he realizes that Minho is actually sitting before him. He brings his arms around and pulls him in to a tight hug. “Hyung… I had the worst nightmare. It even felt as if it was real.”

“Relax, Taemin. It was probably due to the fall you had. That happens you know.”

“But this was different.” Taemin exclaims. “We all were in this big house, but it was a reenactment museum and we had to act as this family and I was this girl that killed the entire family. But I ended up being possessed by her and then each day, I would end up killing you and the other hyung’s each of the five days that we have to stay there. Lily refused to let me have my body back and then the only way to get my body back was to kill myself…”

“Taemin breathe.” Minho says and rubs comforting circles on Taemin’s back. “It was just a dream. Jinki hyung and Jonghyun hyung are out getting us dinner and Kibum went to the bathroom. We are all okay.”

“I won’t believe it until I see them.”

As if it were on cue, Jinki, Kibum and Jonghyun came into the room carrying various bags of take out containers in them. Taemin let go of Minho to look at his other hyung’s and he let out and cry that made Minho just chuckle at him “He had a dream that he had killed all of us and it felt real to him.” Minho informs them and takes a bag that Kibum handed him.

“Taemin…” He begins and pulls him into a hug. “You would be affected by a dream like that.”

“It’s not funny.” He chokes out. “It was really horrible. I thought that I really had killed all of you and that I was going to be disowned by my parents and hated by our fans. It really was the worst.”

“Was my death cool? Was there a lot of blood?” Jonghyun asks curiously.

“Hyung! No.” Minho glares at him and he keeps quiet. “See, I told you that they were okay.”

“But…”

“Enough, Taemin.” Jinki says firmly and hands him a bowl of his favorite noodles. “Eat your food; get some rest and hurry to get better. We have millions of fans waiting to see your smiling face.”


Author's note:

There is that last chapter for you. This took a while to write and I'm still not fully satisfied with it, but you have a happy ending. It was all just a dream. I killed Taemin and gave you a good ending.

There might be some grammical errors, but I hope that it isn't too noticable.

I actually enjoyed writing this short fic. It was something different for me. But again, I'm not satisfied with the ending and I don't know why.

Thank you for those that stuck with me on this and i hope you enjoyed reading it~

And an added note:

If you were wondering how he ending up in the hospital... The part where he kills himself and he ends up landing on the road, he fainted while leave the vehicle to go into the airport because he hasn't been able to eat really. If you noticed how Taemin was the only one see/read to be eating and the others were only said to have eaten. It's because he had dreamt to be eating food because he was starving. I don't know if that clears it up and actually I want to thank Gnomeswillrule for pointing it out. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't satisfied with this and you helped me figure it out. So, thank you.