Chapter one- Sorrow angst velocity endures  Malicious endings.

Save Me

 

 
 
My name is Shin Daemin. I am 15, a girl and I have no parents. 
Tis sweet sorrow, I lost them when I was five. With angst people say I was meant to die too, but for some reason I didn't. They say that I am some sort of a witch because I can predict the future a few times, I have uncanny moments of deja Vu, or that I'm immortal because there is no way I should have survived that crash. Velocity, the only thing airbags can not always beat the crap out of. They say I'm some kind of a monster because what person endures this sort of thing without appearing to be fazed? That's what they think, that I'm some sort of malicious being who doesn't care for happy endings.  
 
I'm not as easily read as they think I am. I cried my heart out every day that week. I hate people knowing my weaknesses so I just like to make out as if I have none. Easier than it looks when you practice enough to yourself. Yes indeed, a mirror is a very useful tool when one has to spend a lot of time alone. Because of the ridicule I suffered in my hometown I've had to move to another country. Because my father had links with the music industry they found it fit to move me to a country where music is dominant. Korea. 
Not the war stricken North, but the South. Thank God for that. As I'm changing lives "they" have found it fit to change my name also. Supposedly to protect my identity and to help me start a new life. 
 
The people who don't hate me back home, pity me. But I think it'll be fun. For once, I can actually become anyone I want, keeping some of my own characteristics and all of my own opinions of course. 
 
 
 
South Korea won't know what hit them. 
 
Those were my thoughts as I walked through the arrivals gate of the Airport. I started toward the taxi area and began waving my pale arms in the air. I opened my mouth to scream for a taxi but I was washed out by an amazing voice (actually) singing for a taxi. I turned towards the angelic voice, my mouth still ajar. 
 
There stood a tall, slender young man wearing a tight t-shirt and coloured skinny Jeans. He pulled his dark shades down slightly with his free hand so that I could see the wink he gave me. 
 
Readjusting his glasses and smirking  he got into the taxi and disappeared, just like that. 
 
I swear I swallowed a fly.
 
About 2 minutes after he'd driven off I'd regained control of my dazed being and had finally hailed a Mr Taxi for myself. I can't believe it. I simply can not believe it! The nerve of that guy! And since when do Asian guys have brown hair?
 
Why do I get the feeling I'll see him again?
 
Thoughts of this arrogant but good looking guy occupied my mind the whole trip. I was still in a trance when we arrived. 
 
"-cough cough- Excuse me", the poor taxi driver struggled. I could tell she knew only basic basic English. 
 
"Ah! Mianhae." I beam as I realize how uncomfortable she must have been considering the facial expression I was wearing whilst in my daze. A mixture of complete disgust, hatred and a bit of admiration. 
 
"Kamsamnida Ajumma", I smiled as I passed her my fee. A relieved look rushed over her face as she saw I could speak some Korean. I got bored making faces and talking to myself into the mirror, so I thought, What's the harm in learning some of the language of my new resident country?
 
I think the Ajumma mistook me for being able to speak the whole language and began having a mini conversation with me as she figured out my change. I could pick out a few words here and there. 
 
"Arrasso Arrasso, .... Sarang.. Chincha saranghae... Nae, 1200 won. Gomawo. Annyeong."
 
Translation- "I understand, I understand... Love... Really I love you... Yes, 1200 won. Thank you. Good bye. "
 
What is this woman talking about love for? I understand...love?
Thoughts remained racing as I took my luggage out of the boot and began making my way toward the gate of my new home. 
 
"TaeGeun Music College"
The sheer size of the gate alone was enough to break me out of my trance. 
 
A very silent, "Omo.." was all I could manage. 
 
A soft hand attached itself to my shoulder. 
"If you plan on getting anywhere with this college, your voice is going to have to be louder than that sweet heart."
 
Forgetting myself and my intention of laying low whilst I got used to things, I let my arrogance come through. "Trust me, this voice aint often something that is caught to be as quiet as that." 
 
I turned my head to the side and realized what I'd just done, I'd just set up a persona for myself that requires me to be arrogant. Great, I wonder how much trouble this will get me into. 
 
The owner of the hand on my shoulder beside me was, to my surprise, not only male but Asian as well. Yeah, sure. You are in South Korea, you totally aren't going to find heaps of Asians. But the way this guy spoke English was uncanny! No hint of an Asian accent at all. 
 
I caught myself gaping again so I tried recovering by asking him a question which seemed fair enough. 
 
"Tell me something, if this is South Korea, how is it that I've found a gorgeous Asian guy with blonde hair that speaks English like he does it every day?" Ok, I was trying to flatter him because it seemed that he somewhat was prided on his appearance. My theory proved right as I saw his Cheeks flush a light pink through what seemed like a form of foundation. 
 
Blonde hair, stylish fashion, make up? Definitely cares about his appearance. 
 
"Oh, I like you." he said with a monster grin. I think I've just made a friend. 
 
"So, tell me shortie, what's your name?", although a little insulted I went along with it. 
"Shin Daemin". 
"Oh? Why you don't look a smidge Korean to me. What's the story behind that honey? Making up names for ourselves?"
"No~ my father had a Korean back ground and my mother always loved Korean names. Besides, I already had a Korean last name, why not go the whole package?" He seemed to be contemplating my explanation as we walked to the main administration office. From the look of the way his lips were curling at his pout, I'd say he wasn't completely convinced. 
We came to a stop. 
"Your father 'had' Korean background?"
 
Oh . Panicking on the inside I floundered to find an explanation, and then it hit me. 
 
"Oh! Well, he was born in Korea and then moved to Australia. So technically he isn't a Korean citizen anymore," I grinned my brightest smile praying that he would fall for my story. 
 
He continued to purse his lips for a few minutes, continuing to examine my features thoroughly. Eventually he shrugged his shoulders and in a chirpy voice said, "Works for me."
 
As we continued on our way to the admin office, I realized he didn't really answer my question from before. Part of my inquisitiveness was real so I persisted in asking for an answer again. 
 
"So?~"
 
The male turned to me with an innocent look on his face. 
"Hmm~?"
He pondered on it for a little while, tapping his lips covered in lipgloss. 
 
"Oh! That one.." He seemed slightly disappointed. 
 
"Nae, wae?". 
 
"I thought you were just saying that as a compliment," he sighed as he began to pout again. Wanting to keep my new found friend I thought of an instant compliment. 
 
"Oh! I was curious but rest assured, the compliment is still very well deserved, hot stuff," I said giving him a nudge with my elbow and a wink. 
 
Again that faint blush returned to his cheeks that were fighting to hide a smile that despite his efforts escaped anyway. This guy is so cute!
 
"Well shortie, for a start this is definitely South Korea." He continued as he proudly waved around his somewhat tanned slender hands. 
"This stunning form in front of you is blonde because he got sick and tired of being confused with some of the other students on campus! I mean, yeah you do come across some pretty good looking guys here but we don't look the same!"
 
As he said this a male walked past. Typical black-haired Asian male. My new found friend had realized him too. 
 
"Yah! Taeminnie~" he chanted with a bright smile. 
 
The other turned around and similarly matched my friend in his grin. I wouldn't say this to him but I can understand why he got confused for other students. 
 
"Annyeong Key-hyung~" the boy, whose name I've learn't to be Taemin, called. 
 
"Ah! Annyeong", he said as he turned to me giving me a low bow of respect. 
"Cheonun Lee Taemin."
 
I returned his beaming grin, "Annyeong Lee-oppa". 
 
Taemin's cheeks flushed the same way my friend's did earlier. 
 
"Aniya~", he said fanning his hands at me. "Oppa, chincha?"
 
Slightly embarrassed and scratching my head, I turned to my friend and said, "This is about the extent of my Korean." 
 
Taemin tilted his head slightly. 
 
My friend's shoulders began bobbing as he began to chuckle, "KeKeKe. This leads me to the last part of the answer to your question." He finished, gesturing to Taemin. 
 
"Although I'm still not an expert like Key, I know a little English." Taemin began. 
 
My grin became even wider as I heard the boy talk. Aegyo!!! How is it everyone is so frigging cute here? 
 
Again I was beside myself as my original traits caused me to let out a high pitched squeal that made the boy flinch a little as it came out of nowhere.
 
 I ran over to him and enveloped him in a big bear hug, "That was so good! You are doing so well!" You have to admit, for a boy who would appear to be no older then 18 Korean years, he spoke english pretty fluently and what he said had no faults!
 
"Ah~ Jeongmal?" The still brightly blushing boy enquired. 
 
"Nae, Nae, Nae, Nae, Nae!" I chanted swaying side to side with Taemin still wrapped in my arms. I continued this for a few seconds more until I came to the realization that I had not yet answered the boy's question. If he was my elder. I let go of my vice tight hug and pushed him to my front. 
 
"Lee, how old are you?" I asked, tilting my head to the side playfully in an attempt to be cute. 
 
"Ah~ In Korean years I am 17." He replied, bringing a finger to his lip tapping it lightly as he answered. 
 
Is it just me or do they all just touch their lips like it is a natural response? If I were to convert my age to Korean years I simply have to add a year. This makes me... 16! Taemin is my oppa!
 
I caught myself tapping my own lip and quickly replaced my hands on the boy's shoulders. 
 
"Lee! Guess what?" I said with a cheery tone, hopping to my composite foot. 
 
"What?" he said, tilting his head to the side, giving me the cutest eye smile. 
 
"You are my oppa!"
 
His eyes suddenly widened and a bright grin crossed his features. 
 
As if almost on cue, both my friend and Taemin called out, "Chincha?!"
 
I nodded vigorously as Taemin was now squeezing me in a hug of his own. 
 
My friend had now placed one of his hands on his hip and no guesses where the other hand ended up, his lip. 
 
After a while of silence he began, "That settles it then."
 
Slightly confused as to what he was referring to I, yet again tilted my head to the side. I think I'm going to need Physio or something. 
 
"Shortie, you are to now refer to me as, 'Key-oppa'."
 
It finally clicked for me that the name Taemin called out was in fact my new friend's name, "Arrasso.  Key-oppa gomawo!" I then gave a 90 degree bow and grabbed Key's hand in one of mine. 
 
"Lee-oppa, are you coming?" I called, briefly letting go of Key to spin around to face my second friend in Korea. 
 
"Nae...Dongsaeng, can I ask you something?" he said with a slightly reluctant voice. 
 
"Nae oppa~" I replied in a voice which now actually fitted my current mood perfectly. 
 
"Can you call me Taemin-oppa, instead of Lee-oppa? Also, you haven't told me your name yet." The boy continued, smiling but yet again, scratching the back of his head. 
 
Pabo! You didn't introduce yourself!
 
"Ah! Nae, no problem. My name is Shin Daemin. Mianhae Taemin-oppa," I said in an apologetic tone and bowing after I had finished. 
 
Taemin popped his thumbs up and beamed once again, "No problemo~". 
 
And so with my free hand, I grabbed Taemin's and the three of us skipped along towards the Administration Office. 
 
We finally reached the front door to the office! As we entered, wisps of cool air cut past my neck. There was a woman sitting behind a counter so I waltzed up to her, cleared my throat. 
 
"Annyeong-haseyo, cheounun Shin Daemin."
 
And so this is the first chapter of my new life. Interesting so far but you never know what could happen or change. 
 
 
AN. Hello :) thank you for reading my first fan fiction ^^ *throws confetti* 
I hope you have seen what this first chapter actually stands for ^^
 
Sorrow
Angst
Velocity
Endures 
 
Malicious
Endings. 
 
See~? :3 do you like it? ^^
Btw, I used a name generator to create the main character's name :3 I koreanified my name :3 I love name generators~ especially korean ones :3 I'll keep this AN short because I don't want it to be longer than the actual chapter ^^''