I'll Pen It All Down

Fiction

Yoo bi’s POV:

12th June 2009:

I just start writing a story, it’s a fiction story of me and ‘him’. In our first meeting, I’ve already fall for him and in every line that I wrote, bit by bit I could feel his presence. Is this real?

29th September 2009:

Until today, I’m still in the story of me and him. It’s really beautiful - our relationship. And up till now, I’m still writing a happy tale of just the two of us. I’m getting sure with my feelings. I don’t want to end the story – I love Kim Soo Hyun.

 

Kim Soo hyun’s POV:

12th June 2009:

Today, I fell in love with a girl. Finally, I felt like I’ve found her – the love of my life, the missing piece in my heart.

29th September 2009:

‘I love you’ – I keep writing these words over and over again. I can’t seem to find any flaws in her. For me, this is the reality. A story of me and her is the only reason I keep looking forward to live the next day of my life with a smile.

1st February 2010:

Even today, I’m still with her in our story that hasn’t ended. We are living our life with happiness and without care of anybody else. Now, nothing seems to bother us because the thought of us being together is enough to throw away all worries.

8th April 2010:

Every day, for the past 11 months, our relationship progresses. I am so attached to her that I couldn’t really tell the reality from the fantasy. She felt so real and close to me. I couldn’t let her go because I don’t think I’m afford to live my old, forlorn life ever again. She’s not going to leave me if I don’t set her free. And she won’t disappear if I never write the ending of our story.

30th June 2010:

I won’t put this pen down. I would keep on writing the story of the two of us. However, is it true? Does the power of controlling our relationship lies in my hand? But, why doesn’t it seem so?

17th October 2010:

Today, I proposed to her. But, she said that I couldn’t be with her. Said, we weren’t meant for each other. I wrote the story. I created her. But, I can’t be selfish either. It’s true what’s been said by her. No matter what, she’d vanish one day. And when that day comes, I have to go back to reality without her. But then again, she has been a part of me for a long time, so it won’t be easy to find a way to release her.

4th January 2012:

I wrote the ending today. At least that’s what I thought. In my mind and in my heart, I still can’t forget her. I can’t trust that I have completely unleashed her from my life.

5th January 2012:

I would rewrite it again – our story. About how we first met where the middle is filled with joy and the flow of our relationship is so beautiful. But reality is approaching me as the ending is getting closer.

1st February 2012:

I’m a writer who has lost my purpose in writing. I don’t know how to end this story. ‘I love you, Yoo bi’. I pen down these sentence for a thousandth time because I’m losing myself in our story. But, Yoo bi’s fading away, further and further from me.

 

Yoo bi’s POV:

4th January 2012:

I can’t send him away, not even today. Up till now, I only wrote happy stories of the two of us, but why is the paper tinged with tears. I want to believe that right now, at this moment, you are by my side. I would pretend that this is only the start of our incessant and eternal story.

5th January 2012:

Our story can’t end here. I would amend it because now I’m still stuck in the story of you and me that hasn’t come to the last part. I don’t think I could put a stop to it.

1st February 2012:

I’m happy with my life together with Soo hyun. But, I’m filled with negativity as a writer. ‘I can’t’, ‘I don’t know’, ‘I won’t’ – these words are the basic of my principle as his image is drifting away. Ending it – is it possible?

 

 

 

 

Present time:

I went out for the first time today since he left. 5 years ago, my fiancée died in an accident on his way to our wedding. It was my birthday. Instead of him putting on a ring on my finger as a present, I got it through the police officer. His body was lost in the ocean as his car hit the tomb and fell into the sea. There wasn’t any sign of him surviving the crash, so everybody including me assumed that he’s gone.

I am now standing at the top of Mount Baeduksan with other hikers. But to me, I’m alone with his memories. As if I could feel his presence and his scent of breath, I smiled thinking and recalling our happy moments together.

“Go Yoo bi~”

“Go Yoo bi~”

I heard my name echoed. Whose voice is that? It wasn’t clear but somehow I could sense the familiarity of it.

“Go Yoo bi.”

I heard my name being called again, but this time it wasn’t a ricochet. It’s getting closer, and closer to my ear. I turned around, closing my eyes, afraid of what I think it would be.

The smile, the eyes. It’s the same. Tears are filled in my eyes. I’m scared to blink, in case his image would disappear.

“I assumed you have become my wife seeing that you are wearing that wedding ring that I bought for you.”

I voiced out slowly. Trying to say a word with a lump in my throat.

“Kim Soo hyun.”