I missed you

Did You Wait For Me?

 

Hyunseong was in the plane, leaning his head on the airplane window. One might think he was sleeping, but he was actually thinking deeply. Was studying abroad selfish of him?

 

He can remember the day he left clearly. The last time he saw his love.  

“What do you mean you’re leaving?” Jeongmin’s voice cracked.

“The flight’s two weeks don’t worry okay?”

“And you didn’t even tell me about this until now? I thought we tell each other everything!”

“But Jeongmin, let me do this okay? It’s a huge opportunity for me.”

“And what about me? You’re just going to ditch me? So you can study in America? Why couldn’t you find a place here?”

“Jeongmin, listen, I was going to tell you but I didn’t think I was going to get in anyways. Surprisingly I did, so I am going.”

“Whatever, just get out.”

“What?”

“Get out.

“Jeongmin I-“

“Get out Hyunseong I don’t want to look at you anymore.” Jeongmin’s face were covered in tears, eye red and puffy. That was the last image of Jeongmin Hyunseong saw. 

 

Hyunseong pretty much hated himself for the next 14 days. He thought when he told Jeongmin he would support him, be there to say bye to him when he leaves and be there to greet him warmly when he gets back. He did have to admit two years was a long time, but maybe, just maybe Jeongmin would wait for him.

 

“We will be landing in 15 minutes”

 

Hyunseong sighed knowing no warm smile, no hyper blur in the crowd, no shouts of “I miss you hyung!” No anything.

 

One thing that did come out of the trip to America was his studies. It was interesting to learn in a different country but he couldn’t help but to miss Jeongmin each day. He did try calling him yet the younger never picked up, probably too mad at him. After a year Hyunseong stopped calling and decided to only focus on his studies for that’s why he was there. He ended up being top ten in his class. Lost in his thoughts Hyunseong’s body automatically dragged his carry-on and walked out with the crowd, not knowing where he was going.

 

After a few minutes later Hyunseong saw something that caught his eye. A shorter than eye level, brunette head was moving around the crowd. Could it be? Did Jeongmin come to see Hyunseong?

 

~~~~

“I Lee Jeongmin is not going to the airport the thousandth time this year to see Hyunseong. I was just here to meet new people. Even though this was the month he left two years ago and he did say the trip was only two years right? I do not miss Shim Hyunseong. I don’t… Okay maybe a little… I mean a lot.” Jeongmin was talking to himself again as he entered the airport. Yes, he has been going everyday for the month of June for Hyunseong, hoping he will come back.

 

He took his usual seat by the huge window, wondering is Hyunseong would actually come back. He wanted to say sorry to him, for not supporting his education, for thinking only about himself. He had it all planned out, Hyunseong will see him, and if he still loves him he will run into Jeongmin’s arm like nothing ever happened and they live happily ever after.

 

“But what if he doesn’t forgive me?” Jeongmin has been used to talking to himself now, since Hyunseong was usually there to listen to his thoughts. At the airport he was known as ‘that one guy who sits on the chair and talk to himself’

 

When the plane from New York landed Jeongmin immediately stood watching the crowd of people flow out of the ‘square thingy’

 

“Damn my shortness.” Jeongmin frantically started running through the crowd, scanning each and every face mentally categorizing them, “Not Hyunseong, not Hyunseong, not Hyunseong…”

 

After a few minutes of running, Jeongmin grew tired and was about to give up until he was attacked by a warm hug.

 

“Jeongmin…” That voice. That same warmness he remembered two years ago, finally wrapped around him where they belonged. Smiling instantly, Jeongmin wrapped his arms around Hyunseong’s neck.

 

“Jeongmin, I’m so so so so sorry.”

“I am too, Hyunseong I missed you so much. I waited in the airport since January for you.”

“I called you everyday for a year yet you never picked up.”

“Haha about that…”

“It’s okay, save it for later.”

 

The pair laughed forgetting about the world around them.