Secrecy

Call Me When You're Sober

 

(fourth week—wednesday.)

Luhan is supposed to be enjoying his time. He is expecting to enjoy it. However here he is storming his awesome brain out finding reasons why he isn’t killed yet by ing boredom. The bored soul looks at his right and sighs; where is Sehun when he needs him? He looks at his left and glares. He sees Jongin currently seated, slumped, with a faraway look on his face.

So he gets it something is wrong again. Well actually something has been wrong all along. But then again, with that spacing-out-what-the-hell expression on his friend’s face, Luhan knows this is something totally new.

What that is, he doesn’t know yet. But he will… soon.

Fishing his cell phone out, he types a quick message to Sehun and turns to look at Jongin again, now with a somewhat concerned gaze. Because in all honesty, even though Jongin is an entire disgrace to the coolness encasing them, Luhan is still worried about him. Not that he minds Jongin’s choice of person to like (he doesn’t okay, he’s supportive) but somehow things are getting out of hand and Luhan is seriously wishing everything just ends with awesome smiles and cute rainbows already.

If only the Kyungsoo kid knows Jongin’s feelings.

As it is, the poor boy is still clueless on his friend’s intentions. Luhan doesn’t blame him though. Jongin is actually, really, a douche for that ing denying act he has pulled. And to be honest, Luhan thinks Kyungsoo’s punch totally rocks.

He sees his phone light up, anticipating Sehun’s reply but instead, he gets something from someone utterly unexpected (sort of) though completely welcomed.

OI. I thought you’re coming to get me? You are despicable. –Yixing

Oh , I totally forgot!

Luhan gasps. His cousin’s flight is due to land, he looks at his watch, an hour ago. . He reads another message.

Don’t bother; I had someone else fetch me already. You can thank him Friday.

Disregarding Yixing’s sometimes creepy nature of knowing his thoughts, Luhan smiles a bright smile, digesting his cousin’s words.

'Someone else' meaning his boyfriend. Who would have thought, with how bossy and snotty Yixing can get. Then again, Luhan is thankful. Like the hallelujah type of gratefulness, because somehow his cousin has toned down on his side ever since Magic Boyfriend comes in the picture. Looks like the phenomenal Mr. Right has done wonders to him. He types a reply.

Yessir. Will gladly do. And, welcome back XingXing! :D

Luhan’s phone lights up again.

Good. You will not call me that again, if you know what’s good for you. K. I’ll see you Friday then. Ciao!

P.S. Don’t you dare bail on me again, or I swear I’m gonna shave your head. You know I’ll do it. Because I can. Muhahaha! Don’t reply.

Reading the message makes Luhan cringe. No, not his precious hair okay. So maybe he is quite wrong about the toning-down-on-iness: there are no wonders done on his cousin. Because apparently, Zhang Yixing is still Zhang Yixing. Same .

Not that it matters, Luhan still (sorta, kinda) adores him (reason unknown). He keys in something and smirks.

You are loathsome, do you know that? A sadist. LOL. And oh, so sorry for replying. You know I exist to annoy you. XOXO

The diva pockets his phone and turns his head, catching his only companion now murmuring, cursing actually, as he fidgets because of God-knows-what reasons. This seriously needs to end now.

“Oi. What’s wrong with you? Have you thought of talking to Kyunggie finally?”

GLARE.

GLARE.

GLARE.

“Whoa, hold up. I was just asking okay, no need to ing murder me. I swear Jongin if you just put that same passion into something else instead of glaring at me with deadly intent, you could be dancing with unicorns by now.”

Jongin disregards everything Luhan has said, seeming to have only heard of one word. “Don’t call him Kyunggie, that’s not his name!” he speaks, snaps.

Luhan for his part is left wondering what the has he said wrong. It’s not like he means something when he has referred to Kyungsoo with a… nickname.

Wait, Luhan blinks.

Are you serious? Are you really being ing I’m-possessive-he’s-mine jealous over that simple thing?

Looking at the exasperated expression on the tanned boy’s usually cool features, Luhan guesses yes. Jongin is dangerously whipped by that train of thought. Oh no, he’s not… Something else is fueling this, Luhan is sure. Something major enough to ignite flames.

Sehun, goddamnit, come here now. I need back-up!

As if by alarm, Sehun’s name registers on his phone, and Luhan’s eyes twinkle as he reads the message.

It better be. Oh it better be.

 

*****

 

The library has never been his favorite place. Who needs to be surrounded with these so many books? And the silence is something he finds very creepy on its own. He doesn’t fancy feeling like he’s in a goddamn wake or something, thank you very much.

Yet he finds himself spending his time in it.

Stupid homework.

Sehun exhales silently.

As he skims through the shelves finding the goddamn book that he needs, Sehun feels his phone vibrate and the very familiar name of Luhan registers.

Save me from boredom, Hun, I need you. Anyway, fly here fast, need help re: Jongin.

Sehun’s lips twitches into a suppressed smile as he reads the first sentence, but frowns when he reaches the second. He sighs.

Kkamjong and his Kyungsoo problem.

Okay, he must admit, things are just starting to get wild and uncontrollable. Like seriously hay-ing-wire. Last Friday, when Jongin has insisted on them going to this place (turned out to be his object of fancy’s place) Sehun is still in doubt about it. In doubt in a sense that he is still unconvinced if going there is actually a wise thing to do, given Jongin’s ed-up pussiness when the guy is concerned.

Sehun doesn’t have a clue what has transpired that Friday night to cut the thread holding Kyungsoo’s control or patience, but it must be something coz the kid looks like someone very patient to be honest.

So Monday came and boom, there was the bang. Cool kid punching Jongin.

He deserves it anyway, that little piece of .

He heaves a sigh and is on his way moving on to the next shelf when he hears a name that perks up his ears.

Sehun leans in stealthily and… eavesdrops on the whispered conversation. Duh.

"Soo. Do Kyungsoo.”

“Baek, just leave it okay. What is there to talk about? Kim Jongin is an , he doesn't want anything to do with me."

"But seriously, he looks like he wanted to explain though. Have you heard of his explanation?"

"No, he ing denied not ever having to do anything with me okay. Go figure. So please just, let's drop this?"

"Why not just go..."

"Are you being serious? I punched the guy, it's a miracle I'm still alive right now."

"That you did, totally not you though."

"Talk about it. But seriously Baek, I... it's not..."

"Okay, fine. I won't push you. It's only that... I really think this is just a misunderstanding or something, I mean you..."

"Yeah, I do. But will that change anything? Unless he talks to me, I won't know anything. And honestly, I don't know if I ever want to. It’s just… It still hurts."

Sehun’s brain clicks in the right places that time as he listens to the hushed conversation.

Son of a , it is mutual!

He types a quick message to Luhan and scuffles away. Nevermind the goddamn book.

On my way. Tell the motherer I have something legendary for him.