Chapter 2

Found You

 

It wasn't hard living with Naeun. It was actually fun. It's like I'm living with a kid. I taught her how to use the chopsticks (but she never ate whenever I cook because she said that gods have different foods), how to use the television, cellphones, cameras and many other things.

 

The moment I stepped inside my apartment, I smelled something burning. I immediately ran to Naeun's room to check if she's fine but I realized that the burning smell came from the kitchen. I entered the kitchen and I saw Naeun sitting on the floor, surrounded by ice.

 

"What happened here?" I asked as I walked towards her.

 

She looked up to me and frowned. "I tried to cook your dinner but I ended up burning the food." She sighed and she looked at her lap. "I can't cook. Sorry for making a big mess. I'll clean it up later. I swear on the river of Styx." Naeun stood up and went to the guest room, which is now her room since she came here.

 

I watched her as she walk away with her head hung low. I cleaned the mess and prepared new ingredients. I better teach that goddess to cook. From time to time I would laugh because of Naeun's face. She's like a little kid throwing a fit.

 

I went to the living room and did my paperworks as I waited for her to go out of her room. After 30 minutes, the door of her room opened. She headed towards the kitchen and I followed her.

 

"You already cleaned everything?" She turned around and faced me.

 

"Yes. Obviously, I did." Naeun nodded and started walking away. I held her wrist and pulled her towards the stove.

 

"What do you think you're doing?"

 

"I'm going to teach you how to cook." I smiled at her.

 

"Really?" She asked excitedly.

 

I can't help but laugh, she's litterally behaving like a kid. "Yes."

 

She did all the work while I dictate the procedure of cooking bibimbap. I tried helping her but everytime my hand touched the ingredients or the kitchen tools, she hit my hand. She said that I should just talk and she'll do all the work. 

 

From time to time she would stop and look at me and ask. "Am I doing it right?" 

 

I would say 'Yes.' and she'd continue cooking with a bright smile on her face.

 

After cooking bibimbap she told me to wait on the dining area. Naeun set the food in front of me and clapped in delight with her work.

 

"You can eat now." She said as she sat in front of me.

 

I ate one spoonful of bibimbap and she watched me with excited eyes. I slowly chewed my food and she continued watching me, examining the expression on my face.

 

"How is it? What can you say? How does it taste? Is it delicious?"

 

I didn't answer any of her questions. I scrunched my eyebrows together so that she'll think that I am not enjoying her food. Her face fell. The smile on her face was gone.

 

"Does it taste that bad?" She asked.

 

I swallowed the food first then I gave her a big grin. "It taste so good! Really delicious!" I gave her a thumbs up.

 

Shew threw a pot holder in my direction and good thing I dodged it. "Bad guy! You scared me! I really thought it taste so bad!"

 

I bursted out laughing because of Naeun's face. She's really a kid.

 

"But tell me, is it really delicious?" Her eyes was filled with happiness and hope.

 

"Yes. Why don't you try it?" I asked her, then I remembered that she can't. "Sorry. I forgot." I completely forgot the fact that she's a goddess and she can't eat human foods.

 

"It's okay." She smiled at me. "Uh, can I cook for you starting tomorrow morning? I know I'm not that good but you just have to tell me the procedures and I swear I'll do it right."

 

"That sounds perfect."

 

 

Saturday morning, I asked her to go out with me. It's my free day so I decided to take her out and it's been a few weeks since I last went out to relax.

 

"Where are are we going?" Naeun asked excitedly.

 

"Amusement park, mall, arcade shop."

 

"Okay. Let's go!"

 

We first went to the amusement park, Lotte World.

 

"Wow! This place is so big. It's almost as big as Lord Zeus' palace."

 

"This whole place just for Zeus' palace?" I asked incrediously.

 

"What do you expect? Lord Zeus is the God of the Gods. Of course, his palace is huge." She answered like it's the most obvious fact in the universe.

 

I just nodded. I don't really understand why he needs a huge palace for himself.

 

We rode everything that attracts Naeun. Everything. And that means that we rode every single ride in the amusement park. I knew that it's a good idea to bring her here. I can see that she's really enjoying. Naeun have been living with me for two weeks and I learned that this beautiful goddess is a kid at heart.

 

"Woah! Look at that! It's a baby polar bear!" Naeun pointed a stuffed toy and ran towards it. She grabbed it and suddenly dropped it. Her face looks so shocked.

 

I ran towards her and grabbed her hand. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" I look at her hands to see if there are wounds and good thing, there are none.

 

She shook her head. "I am not hurt. But, b-but the baby bear is dead. And I think that the others are also dead. What happened to them?" She asked in a shaky voice, like she's in the verge of crying. She looks like she's in pain and tears are already forming in her eyes. Hahahahahaha! She's thinking that these bears are real?

 

All of a sudden, it started snowing. Weird. The weather was nice earlier. I looked at Naeun and she's crying while holding one of the stuffed toys. Then it hit me, Naeun is the goddess of snow. If she continues crying, it will be really bad.

 

"Hey, look at me." I shook her shoulders and she looked at me.

 

"They're dead." She whispered, her tears continuosly flowed down her cheeks.

 

"No, no. Listen, they are not dead." I told her and she looked at me, confused. "They weren't alive in the first place."

 

"They're not?" She asked innocently.

 

"Yes. Those bears are called stuffed toys. They are not real polar bears. They are just replicas." I explained to her.

 

"You stupid guy! You should've told me earlier. You made me look like a fool!" She started hitting me non-stop. Hahahaha! Even though she's hitting me, I can't still stop laughing. Naeun is just too innocent.

 

"I beg to disagree. Actually, you looked realy cute." I said in between my laugh. That's true. She didn't look like a fool. She would never look like a fool.

 

She suddenly stopped hitting me and stared at my face. Like she's shocked over something.

 

"What?" I asked her.

 

She shook her head. "N-nothing." She turned her back on me and said, "You said we're going to the mall. Let's go." And started walking towards the exit of the amusement park.

 

That's weird. Hmmmm. Maybe she's just too embarrased that's why she doesn't want to spend another minute in this place.

 

Our next stop was the mall. Naeun kept on asking questions as we walk past diffirent shops.

 

"What are those girls doing? Isn't it too tiring to stand still like that?" She asked as she pointed on the mannequins. I wanted to laugh out loud but I don't want to make her mad again so I answered her casually.

 

"Those aren't real girls. Those things are called mannequins."  

 

"Oh." She quickly turned away to hide her embarrassment.  An idea came to me. I pulled her inside one of the boutiques. This might be a good thing to distract her.

 

I was right. She forgot those embarassing questions she asked and she became comfortable around me again. I told her that she could try some clothes and if she found one dress she really likes, I'll buy that for her. She tried so many dress and I swear, every single dress looks good on her.

 

"Which is better, this red one or this yellow one?" Naeun held up the two dresses and looked at me.

 

"Both looks good on you but I think the yellow one is better."

 

"Really? Then I'll go for this one. Wait, are you sure you're going to buy this for me?"

 

"Yep." I smiled at her and stood up from my seat. She ran towards me and hugged me.

 

"Thank you!"

 

I wasn't able to move. Is this real? Is she really hugging me right now? My heart started beating fast. I want to stay like this forever. How I wish time would stop right now.

 

Naeun suddenly stepped backwards and pulled out from the hug. "Uh, sorry. Uh, I was- Uh... I was just excited." Her face turned red and I find that really cute.

 

"It's okay. Uh, I'll pay for this then help me find new clothes, okay?"

 

"Sure."

 

After buying new clothes, we went to an arcade. Naeun tried every single thing and it was obvious that she had so much fun. I wonder why this goddess never seem to get tired. We passed by a karaoke and I told her that people go there to sing and have fun. She pulled me inside and she started singing nonstop. It's amazing how she was able to sing songs that she just heard. I asked her how she did that and she said that she just listen to the melody of the song. Naeun forced me to sing. She used her charms and I immediately gave in. Dang!

 

This day made me closer to Naeun and it also made me confused. Why do my heart skip a beat whenever she smiles at me? Am I starting to like her? Am I starting to like that Goddess?

 

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON YEOSHIN! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

 

New chapter 'cause it's my princess' birthday today. Hihi. Thank you to everyone who subscribed in this fic and to those who left a comment. Thank you so much! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter n_n