1

The Sitters
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Yong?" you whispered into the phone.

"Hmm?" replied the man on the other line. "Why are you so quiet? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you busy?"

"I wish I was!" he exclaimed. "I'm sitting in the dorm all by myself, bored out of my mind. The rest of the guys have a schedule while I'm just rotting on my bed."

"Yes!" you cheered.

He sat up after hearing the happiness in your voice. "Oh, someone's excited. Do you wanna join me?" he teased. You could almost see him smiling.

"Ah, tempting," you answered sarcastically. "But actually I was wondering if you could--"

Just then, the broom next to you hit the floor and he heard a cry, interrupting you before you could tell him why you really called in the middle of the day.

"Was that... a baby?" he asked.

"Yes," you yelled over the cries.  "I'm taking care of my sister's daughter for a few hours and I was wondering if you could possibly keep me company..."

"And help you?" he added skeptically.

"Um, that would be nice?" you hinted sweetly.

"Aish, you," he grumbled affectionately. "What will I get in return?"

"The satisfaction of knowing that I won't go bald from stress?" You knew he would come but you decided to encourage him. After all, he was giving up his day to help you- with a child, at that.

"Well, okay. Looks like I have a date with two lovely ladies today. Maybe the younger one will actually call me oppa, unlike you."

You chuckled softly. "You aren't that much older than me, so I feel weird using it. Plus she's five months old. She isn't speaking yet."

"You never know, this might be the day she starts!"

"Okay, okay, fine!" you exclaimed. Normally you'd argue with him about something like this, but you desperate to shut him up so he could leave sooner. "Just please come over! I will be forever grateful!"

"I'm on my way."

***

The doorbell rang and you quickly opened the door without bothering to check, although you knew it wouldn't be anyone but Yonghwa.

"Thank you!" you practically screame

Please log in to read the full chapter