Chapter I

If she only knew

 

Kid, I want you to come with me since your mother is gone. A man approaches the boy, who cried in front of his mother’s coffin.

Who are you? I don’t know you. Umma, always reminds me that I will not talk to a stranger. The boy answers while crying.

I’m not a stranger. I’m your Umma’s friend, by the way just call me ….. Interrupted.

I don’t care who ever you are, I don’t care if you’re the richest in this city, I don’t care if you are my Umma’s friend.  I really don’t care, just stay away. Can’t you see my mother is gone, and you want to take me away? Away from my mother? My only family. Please Sir. I don’t want to be rude in front of my Umma’s coffin. The boy sobbing,.

I’m sorry Kid, but it’s your mother’s last wish. She said when she’s gone, you will stay with me. A man explained.

No, I don’t want to stay in your place. The boy is about to run.

Hey! Kid, stop. Where are you going? A man grab his hand.

Let go of me…. I said let go of me…. I’ll go to a place where you can’t find me. The boy angrily answered and strongly takes his hand off.

The man just keep silent, he wanted to follow the boy but he understand the feelings of losing

someone that he truly love. The boy runaway and stop near the river.

 

 

Boy POV

 

Who is that man? Why I didn’t just let him introduce his self? Was it true that he wanted me to stay on his place? No, I can’t go anywhere! This is my place, where I born and I need to look for my Appa, if I stay on that man I’m going to lose the chance meeting my Appa. I don’t know why I need to look for him although he abandoned us; I just want to meet him. My Umma said Appa stay on us about 2 years I was 3 years old at that time. And now I’m 15 years old. I’m not a kid anymore, why is that man calling me a kid? He’s crazy. Now my only companion is this pendant given by Umma she said when I’m alone, lonely, trouble and lonesome I will just hold this pendant close my eyes and have a deep breath. And everything will be fine soon. I hope Umma is right.

 

Girl POV

 

I saw a boy, who’s sitting near me. I don’t know if he sees me it seems like he’s ignoring everyone who pass by. When I saw him, his eyes are teary. I think this boy got a problem and he really looks angry! He is holding a pendant. Hmm, was he a broken hearted? His girlfriend might break his heart.  I want to talk to him but I’m scared he might hurt me. He looks like a beast! Well I guess I’ll just ignore him and listen to my IPod.  I sing a song. And suddenly.

 

Hey! Will you stop singing? Your voice irritates me.  The boy takes off the girl earphone.

 

Hey! What do you think you’re doing? You’re rude. The girl shouted the boy.

 

You’re voice irritates me. I hate your voice! The boy answered.

 

Then get out of here. I was the one who came here first. The girl said.

 

I don’t care who ever came here first; I just want you to stop singing. And you don’t own this place you don’t have the right to send me out. Boy said

 

The girls just stops and continue listening her IPod. After a minute the girl sing again, she sing as loud as she can, she wanted to irritate the boy she even sing at out of tune so the boy will get out on his place.

 

 Huh! Are you doing this in purpose? If you don’t stop, I will break your IPod. Seriously!

 

 The boy is really angry but the girl just ignore him and she doesn’t answer back. The boy lost his temper, he didn’t break her IPod instead he just left the girl.

 

Yeah! Mission success.. Hihihi! She smiled secretly.

 

The boy just walked. He’s about to go home, but bad boys like at his age approach him and bullied him.

 

Hey you giant kid. Why are you crying? hahahaha … The boys approach him but he just ignore them and walk forward.

 

Don’t ignore us, you . The boy1 Grab his shirt and bring him to the corner where no one will sees them.

 

Oh no no no… don’t cry! You know we’ll not hurt you unless you will give me that thing on your hand. The boy2 said to him.

 

Why’re you not talking? Oh! let me see your mouth. The boy1 said.

 

Eat this son of a . The boy3 put a scratch paper on his mouth while the 2 boys are holding his arm.               

 

Give me that thing on your hand. Why you don’t want to give that thing to us? Is it important? I don’t care how important is that to you. We want that and hand it to me now. The boy4 said to him but he didn’t talk.

 

The boys keep punching him…

 

 

Girl POV

 

I’m so bored in here. I think I need to go home it’s already pass 7 o’clock (in the evening). I’m just wondering about the boy earlier, is he okay? He seems like got a serious problem. Why I’m thinking on that rude boy? Gosh, I should quit thinking about him.

 

 

The girl walked on her way home she passed on a corner and he saw a four of the bad boys beating a boy that she just met. She was shocked and shouts for help, the bad boys alarmed and grab her. The bad boys almost beat her but the boy stops them. The boy fights them back while the girl run away and keep shouting for help. She saw a man and asks for help. Two of them head back where the incident happens when they reach the destination, they saw the boy is bleeding. The bad boy is gone! They hurriedly bring the boy to the near hospital. The girl lookout for the boy, she won’t leave unless the boy will open his eyes. After an hour of waiting. The boy opens his eyes.

 

 

Where am I? Where is my pendant? The boy asks nonstop.

 

Calm down Mr. Ok Taecyeon. I will answer your question! You’re at the hospital, and your pendant is in your wallet.  The girl answer.

 

How did you know my name? And what am I doing here at the hospital? I need to go home; I don’t have money to pay the hospital bill. Taecyeon is getting up but the girl stop her.

 

Listen to me. About the payment? Nothings to worry about it. This man said that he will pay the hospital bill so you don’t have to worry. And I saw your name on your ID, as I open your pocket to put the pendant. For now don’t complain! You can complain when you are fine.

 

Who is this man you’re talking? Taecyeon ask.

 

I don’t know. I didn’t get his name, he was hurry! It seems like he knows you well. The Girl said.

 

I only know a few people, a man. A man who can’t afford to pay the hospital bill! I don’t know that man whom you referring to. I think he is a rich man. Taecyeon said!

 

I don’t know but he looks like a rich man. I need to go home! My dorm mate is surely is looking for me. I didn’t tell them that I’m here. They might panic. You know girls expression. The girl said.

 

By the way. Are you Okay? were you hurt? Taecyeon ask the girl.

 

No, I’m fine you should take rest. Well, then bye! Girl said goodbye.

 

Wait. What’s your name? Taecyeon ask.

 

My name? Hahaha.. Don’t ask me! Remember I got your name in my own way so you should make your own way to know my name? Okay, I have to go. I will be here tomorrow. The girl is about to leave the hospital.

 

How will you go home Miss Jessica Jung? Do you have money for your fare? Taecyeon smile

 

The girl shocked and turn to him.

 

How did you? Jessica stops when she saw that Taecyeon is holding her wallet.

 

How did you get my wallet without me noticing it? Jessica was admired.

 

Don’t ask, that’s my way. Taecyeon said and wink. You better go home now! See you tomorrow, and let’s have a talk tomorrow.

 

Okay Bye! Mr. Ok Taecyeon.

 

Goodbye Miss Jessica Jung.

 

The Two of them said a goodbye to each other.