Listen~

Listen

 

"There will be cotillion practice for our annual Junior-Senior Promenade after lunch break. So I am expecting all of you will join." Mr. Kim said. Some of the students groaned and some clapped happily.

*Yeah. The JS Prom... Just great.* Hyori thought and scribbled on her notebook.

"Ahhhhh~ The cotillion practice!" Bora said. She turned and looked at Bora. "You coming, Hyoriiiii?" She asked, with her grin on. 

"Nah. I'm going to study at the library later." Hyori replied and continued scribbling. Bora leaned on her desk and looked at her with a pout. "Please come..."

"The monthly exam is coming. I should study now, especially in Chemistry and Philosophy!" She said.

"Tsk." Hyorin groaned and gave Bora a look. "What now, Hyojung-ah?"

"Holy cow!? How many times I tell you that you should not call me 'Hyojung'! It's Hyorin~ H-Y-O-R-I-N!" Hyorin said. "Yeah, right." Bora rolled her eyes and went back to you. "Please do come, Hyori-ah. I heard Donghyun will be there..." She said.

*D-donghyun?! K-kim Dong...h-hyun?* Her eyes widened and became quiet. The two noticed that and scooted closer at her. "Earth to Mars?!? Are you okay?" Hyorin asked while touching her forehead. 

Hyori slowly nodded and buried her face in her hands. "She's blushing~" Bora said with a teasing tone in her voice. "Aigoo~" Hyorin giggled. The two knew that she has a crush on Donghyun, the leader of the school's kingkas, ever since Hyori came in the school. During the first day, he helped her find her homeroom. That day became the start of her liking him.

"So, Hyori-ah? You coming?" Bora asked again. "I still need to study~" Hyori insisted and closed your notebook. "Well, I should be going to the library now..." She stood up and grabbed her things

"You're no fun, Jeon Hyori!" Bora protested. "Bora let her." Hyorin ordered.

Hyori were about to twist the room's doorknob until it opened and revealed Donghyun. He had his usual smile on. She felt blood started to flow to her cheeks. "Hyori-ah?" He asked.

"Ah! Ne, sorry about that! Hehehe." Hyori scratched the back of her neck and let out an awkward laugh. *Aigoo, that's embarrassing...*

"I heard there's a cotillion practice for the prom... Are you coming?" He asked and smiled at her.

*Oh boy, don't smile at me like that~ I'm melting...* Hyori slowly shook her head and bowed. "No. Sorry." His smile turned to a pout. "Why?"

"I need to study for the monthly examination." Hyori replied. "But you're missing the fun, Hyori-ah! Everyone will be there! Especially your best friends." He said and pointed at Hyorin and Bora. Hyori turned around and saw them with a 'thumbs up' sign.

"I don't know..." She looked on the ground. Then she suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder, making Hyori to look at him.

"Please come... Please come for me..." Donghyun said, looking at her eyes intently. Hyori's eyes avoided his gaze, for it makes her blush more and more. Hyori turned back at her two best friends, who just gave her a smile and ushered her to say yes.

Hyori looked at him once again. "I'll try." His lips curved upward and hugged Hyori all of a sudden. Her eyes became big like saucers with the touch. *T-this... i-is the f-first time he h-hugged me...*

"I knew you will say yes. You're a true friend! Hyorin must be lucky to have you..." He broke the hug and ruffled her hair. "I better get going... See you later~" He smiled and left the room. 

"Oh my gosh, Hyori-ah! You're so lucky to be hugged by Donghyun-oppa~" Hyori's classmate, Choa, went near her. Taeyeon and Jessica went also and nodded at her. Hyori's sister, Hyosung, patted her head and smiled. "See you at the covered court~" 

When the girls left, Hyorin and Bora went beside Hyori and started to nudge her sides. "Aish... That hurts~" Hyori pouted at them and rubbed her sides. "How was the hug?" Bora smiled and grabbed her hand. *I felt light. Very light.* Hyori thought and sighed.

"I don’t know..." She mumbled. "She doesn't know because the hug made her mind blank!" Hyorin said jokingly and started to laugh. "Hyorin~" Hyori started to pout. "Okay, okay. I was just kidding... Relax, okay?"

Hyori nodded. "Oh! I need to go to the library now! Hyorin-ah, Bora-ah~ Annyeong!" With that, she twisted the doorknob open and ran outside really fast. "Hyo- Aish, that girl." Hyorin shook her head and smiled. 

----

Hyori arrived at the library and started to get a lot of books. She put them all in the study table and started to read. "Wow, Ms. Jeon. That's a lot of books for you to read." Hyori looked at her left, and saw one of her close friend, Jang Sooyoung. "Hey Sooyoung~"

She replied with a smile. "Expect that from Jeon Hyori-sshi. No wonder she's the smartest in our batch." CNU, Sooyoung's boyfriend came in the scene and let out a chuckle. "That's a lot of Philosophy books." He said with wide eyes.

"Are you coming to the practice?" Sooyoung asked. "Mhhm. After I read all of this." Hyori smiled and looked at the pile of books in front of her. "But that could take a loooot of time, Hyori-ah. Are you sure? The school's break will be over after an hour."

"Don't worry, Sooyoung-ah. I can do it!" Hyori said and gave them a thumbs up. "Well, if you say so. See you later!" With that, the couple left her. She took a glance on the pile of books. *Okay, let's get this started!*

----

The school break is over, and everyone, especially the Juniors and Seniors went to their schools gymnasium. Donghyun felt uneasy, and disappointed. The boys noticed it, so they came at him. "Hyung, you seemed to be...." Hyunseong started. "Uneasy." Youngmin finished his sentence. 

"Are you okay, Hyung?" Kwangmin asked and touched his forehead. *How come Hyori is not here yet?* Donghyun thought, and it made him frown. He looked around, and saw Hyori's two best friends. So he left the boys and went over Hyorin and Bora. "Wow, hyung. You just left us like that." Kwangmin pouted. "Where's my girlfriend?! Denese-ah~" He said and left the others.

"That's just great. The 2 left us here." Jeongmin sarcastically said. Hyunseong chuckled and pushed Jeongmin towards her girl. "There's Nayoung~ Go now~"

"Tsk. You  guys!!" Jeongmin glared at them and left. "Okay, three down." Minwoo said. The three laughed together and turned their gaze to Donghyun, who is just a few meters away from them. They can hear what they were talking about.

"Hey Hyorin!" Donghyun smiled at the two. "Donghyun-ah! Why are you here with us?" "Have you seen Hyori?" He asked.

"Why, Donghyun-ah? Missed her already?" Bora gave him a smirk. His cheeks reddened. "Aigoo..." Bora giggled.

"She's not here yet, Donghyun. Maybe she's still in the library, reading." Hyorin said. Donghyun nodded and frowned. "Thanks."

"Okay guys! Fall in line now so we can get your partners for the practice!" Mrs. Yoon and Mr. Kim shouted. The students started to form a long line. Hyunseong and the boys huddled beside Donghyun. "Hyung, let's fall in line now." He said and pushed her towards the line. But Donghyun was busy looking around, looking for... What else? It’s our lead girl, Hyori.

"I guess she's looking for someone!" Minwoo smiled. Donghyun looked at him and lightly whacked his arm. Minwoo rubbed his left arm and pouted. "Hyung, what was that for?!"

Donghyun sighed and left his group to form line with the others. "You know guys? Our hyung's getting weirder and weirder..." Minwoo pointed at him. "And I know why Hyung's like that..." Youngmin smiled and followed Donghyun, leaving the boys confused.

----

Hyori fluttered her eyes open and looked at her pink wristwatch, it’s nearly dismissal period. She quickly straightened up and scratched her head. “Aish, I overslept too much!”

She left the pile of books on the study table and left the library. She ran as fast as she can towards the gymnasium.

Once she arrived there, she pushed the gymnasium door open and found an empty court. “I guess I missed the cotillion practice.” Hyori scratched her head once again and was about to leave the place.

“Not so fast, Jeon Hyori...” Hyori turned her back to the source of the voice. Her eyes grew wide when she saw Donghyun, who was leaning on the wall, with a ball in his hands. “Oh... Donghyun... Why are you here?”

“I should ask you that.” Donghyun threw the ball towards the hoop, and surprisingly, it came in the hoop. The ball hopped towards Hyori, who was obviously blushing. “You said you’re going to the practice...” He walked towards her and pouted.

Hyori lowered her head. “I was busy reading some Philosophy books at the library and I didn’t notice that I slept at the middle of it. Sorry about that.”

His expression started to soften a bit, and his pout turned to a subtle smile. “Apology accepted. So, let’s practice?”

Hyori looked at him, confused. “Huh?” “The cotillion practice, let’s practice together.” He smiled and took her hand. “B-but I d-don’t know the steps yet!”

“I’m here, remember? Trust me.” He looked at her eyes. Hyori sighed in defeat and looked away to hide her blushing face. “Arasso.”

Donghyun smiled victoriously and led Hyori in the middle of the court. He puts his right arm on her waist, as Hyori puts her hand on his right shoulder. She looked down so he can’t see her blushing face. “Why are you looking down, Hyori? Ms. Yoon said that in the said cotillion performance, you have to look at your partner.”

Hyori hesitated to look at his face. *I can’t do it!* She closed her eyes for a minute.

“I know you can.” Her eyes shot open and looked at him. “See? I know you can.” He chuckled and ruffled Hyori’s hair.

The two didn’t know that the boys were actually watching them secretly. “I knew it. This is the reason why Hyung’s like that!” Youngmin smiled and pumped his fists up and down.

“He likes Hyori-noona from Class A-6?” Minwoo looked at Youngmin. Youngmin nodded and smiled at them. “Well, they look good together!”

“Hyori-noona is pretty, Donghyun-hyung is handsome. You are right, they’re a perfect match!” Kwangmin nodded.

----

After their practice, Hyori bowed and said goodbye to him. Donghyun turned to other direction, where he found his fellow members smiling at him. “She’s Jeon Hyori, right? From Class A-6? Well, she’s pretty...” Hyunseong said.

“I know. But, why did you guys asked about that?” Donghyun gave them a confused look. “We know your secret...” Youngmin smirked.

“Okay. I’m done with the lies.” Donghyun sighed. The boys ‘ooh’-ed and chuckled. “And I am planning something on the prom...”

“Don’t worry, we’ll help!” Minwoo smiled. He smiled at his fellow members. “Thanks guys!”

----

After a few days, Hyori and Donghyun started to practice together. With that, they get to know each other more: their likes, ideal types and many more.

Because Donghyun became more inspired, he started to write a song that he will sing for Hyori in the prom. After he wrote everything, he went to Jeongmin and Hyunseong to let them hear the song he wrote. The two gave him thumbs up.

The next day, Donghyun asked her out to be his prom date. Hyori said ‘yes’, with the help of Hyorin and Bora, of course.

On the prom day, everyone was having a good time. Laughter filled the room, and also the endless chatters. The cotillion went well. But it’s a bit sad for Donghyun’s side because Hyori is not her cotillion partner. But he just shrugged it off and looked forward for what’s going to happen next.

“The floor is now open!” Jaejoong and Chaerin, the prom’s MCs, announced. The boys cheered and started to take the girls for a dance. Hyori sat in her table and watched the people in the dance floor sway with the slow music.

The music stopped, earning groans and whines from the people who are dancing with their couples. Chaerin went up to the stage again. “I know some of you are annoyed right now because we stopped the music. Our very own Kim Donghyun-sshi will have a special song number for all of you. But I promise, after the song number, you’ll guys will be dancing again. Let’s give him a round of applause!”

The people clapped as Donghyun went on the stage. “I would like to dedicate this song to Class A-6’s Jeon Hyori.”

People’s eyes were on Hyori, who just stared at him, shocked. *F-for me?!* Hyorin shook her body, and started to giggle. “Oh my gosh, Hyori-ah!! Did you hear that?! He’s dedicating the song for you!”

“Oh~ Oh~ Listen...

Thank you for being by my side and making me laugh all the time.
I gain strength because of you trusting me always.

I haven’t known that what “impossible” means for you.
I haven’t felt bottled up for being with you.
I haven’t been afraid of anything because I feel like I can make everything work out with you.

Although I have nothing better than others, few things to give you, and get nothing special
You always brighten me, someone special.
You always make me the most glorious.

I haven’t given you any good thing or done well.
But you’ve loved me so much even if all I say to you is sorry.
You’re too great for me.
I’ll love you more than you till I breathe my last.”

Donghyun went down the stage and towards Hyori, who was still shocked at that moment. He held his hand in front of her. Hyori looked at his hand, and hesitated to hold it. But with the help of Hyorin and Bora, they made Hyori take Donghyun’s hand.

Once he got Hyori’s hand, he led her to the stage and continued to sing. Hyori swayed with the rhythm and a smile formed on her lips. The music stopped, the lights went off.

“Why did the lights go off?!” Hyori said. The spotlight was on them, with Donghyun kneeling in front of her.

“Jeon Hyori, will you be my girl?” Hyori, as well as the people around them gasped. She kept silent and looked at him.

The people around them anticipated her answer. After a few minutes, Hyori breathed in and smiled. “Kim Donghyun?”

He looked at her, eyes and ears anticipating. “Jeon Hyori says yes.” Hyori smiled. Donghyun hugged him. And the people around them clapped at the new couple. “I am proudly saying that this night is really magical!” Chaerin announced.

 


Not the best ending, i think. hahaha.

anyways! Happy birthday to Kim Donghyun! Our childish and crazy leader <3 You will always be forever young for me! XD

Saranghamnidaaaa~

Anyways, comment your views for this one shot! ^^