Say Goodbye

The Promise

It was a cold night even though it was summer which is unusual. People are still outside, enjoying the cool breeze, playing with their family, friends and special someone. A certain blonde girl was just enjoying the view outside through her window. She's waiting for her girlfriend to arrive from work. They're officially dating for 3 years today so they have to celebrate right? 

Jessica's POV

Today is Yuri and I's 3rd year anniversary as a couple. I didn't even imagine that we'll reach this far because we were completely different the day we met. She's an outgoing person while I'm a homebuddy. She loves to dance but I hate to move an inch. She's cheesy yet all I can do is blush or squeal; I can't even think of a pick up line to counter her. But you all know what they say right? "Opposites attract" I guess that just explain our relationship. 

My train of thoughts got interrupted when my phone suddenly began to ring,

"Hello?" 

"Sica?"

"Oh, Yul, where are you now?" I said, pouting. 

"Sorry, I got stuck in the traffic jam. I promise to be there as soon as possible okay?" 

"Be quick. I love you." 

"I love you more." 

 

That was my girlfriend, my seobang, my hero, my everything to sum it up. Her name's Yuri and I tell you, she's a living goddess. I'm not even exaggerating when I said that. She's a really caring person and she always put her loved ones first, of course that includes me. And that is what I really love about her. All those sleepless just trying to help me recover when I'm sick, she always wake up early to drive me to work, when I want to eat something she'll immediately go out and buy it even if it's already midnight. She's the perfect girlfriend anyone could have. 

*knock knock* 

I excitedly run to the door, expecting my girlfriend and I was right. I hugged her tight and peck her lips before pulling away slowly. 

"What took you so long?" I pouted.

"Sorry honey, I just went to buy something." she grinned. I nod and smile. Why am I not asking questions on her whereabouts? Well, I've been living with her for 2 years now and I trust her with all my heart. I grabbed her hand and pulled her to our room. When I opened the door, I can see her jaw drop with what she saw; it was her dream scenario of a wedding proposal. Just a simple balcony with rose petals scattered around and the small lamp post for lighting 

"I want to have an easy dream proposal. You know, a balcony with rose petals everywhere and just a lamp post for lighting." Yuri dreamily said as she cuddled her girlfriend. 

"Isn't that too easy baby? I mean I thought you wanted something like from the fairytales." Jessica replied in a confused tone. 

"Fairytales doesn't exist." Yuri said bluntly, "And fairytales have endings. I don't want our love to end. Even if we're gonna vanish from this world." 

Still Jessica's POV

"Wow, this is like deja vu.." Yuri mumbled.

"So someone did this for you already?" I scoffed with a hint of jealousy in my voice. 

"No. I already saw this.. in my dreams. With you in that beautiful dress.." She said as she took a step closer to me before capturing my lips. See this is what I like about her, she makes me feel all giddy like a highschooler even if I'm already in my twenties. We pulled away when oxygen was needed. 

"I love you baby.." She whispered, pulling me into her embrace. I savoured the moment like I'm eating my favourite dish. I hugged her tighter and bury my face into her chest. 

"Baby, promise me one thing." I said, looking up to her.

"Anything for my princess." she answered, smiling down at me.

"Don't ever leave me.. and if you will.. don't leave without saying goodbye." I smiled, my voice was about to crack. 

"I promise baby.." she said sincerely. Even that single phrase made me believe her. Suddenly, the lights went off and when that happens, I always scream like there's no tomorrow. But now, I remained calm, because I know Yuri's there for me to protect me and give me light whenever there's darkness. 

"Baby, I'll just get a torch for us okay?" I heard Yuri said before pulling away from my embrace. 

"Be quick please." I said in a cute way. She smiled and turn her back.

*ring ring ring you got a call from: mommy number two*

I heard my cute customized ringtone for Yul's mom. I wonder why she called me this time though. 

"Hello mom, what's up?" I said.

"Jess?" I heard Mrs. Kwon's voice cracking. I immediately got worried. 

"Mom, what's the matter?" I answered in a worried tone. 

"Y-Yuri.." 

"Huh? What about her mom? She's here with me." I said, now with a confused tone. 

"She's.. She's dead.. She met an accident on her way to your place.." Mrs. Kwon replied in between her sobs.

"Huh? She's here with me mom. Mom, this is not a good joke." I shivered and felt goosebumps up my arm. No, Yuri's not dead. She was here with me. We were cuddling and kissing just a minute ago. Then the other line went off, I was still confused..

 

 

"Sica..." I heard Yuri's voice from behind me, she was holding a candle in her hand.

"Sica.." she called again.

"Y-Yul?" I said, getting scared.

 

 

"I didn't break my promise Sica. I didn't leave without saying goodbye.. I love you and.. I'll always be with you.." Then she just disappeared like a wind..