Remember

Unspeakable Love

I sat next to the heater inside his living room, tried to ease away the cold temperature from my shivering body. The thick brown blanket he lend was so warm over my skin, even though my teeth were still chattering against another. Yet my heart was thumping fast to the point that I didn't know whether it was my body compensation to heaten up itself, or it was because his smile, when he was walking towards me while holding two cups of hot chocolate he made earlier in the pantry.

"Are you still cold?" He offered the delicious looking beverage to me, the smell was so alluring that I gulped on my saliva, tried to hold back my dried throat. To be honest, it was not only my throat. My stomach also grumbling from the hunger. Maybe it was because I didn't get to eat anything since this morning. Well, I often skip breakfast though. I would only eat if Heechul or Donghae were at home when I'm awake. But they left much earlier to work this time around, so I was too lazy to eat by myself. However, they didn't know this habit of mine. Heechul would definitely raged if knowing I had skipped breakfast all these mornings.

"N-no." I smiled back to him while blushing and took the cup he offered. I was just hoping he didn't hear the growling sound of my belly, otherwise it would be totally embarrassing.

"Have you eaten yet? I just baked some croissants if you like." He asked me with that gentle voice again, just making my mind went blank while staring at his mesmerizing smile. I couldn't concentrate when he was this close to me, I didn't know what to say. Why? It had to be this gracious yet hurtful at the same time?

"Leeteuk?" He said again, even remembering my name. But that was not the name I wanted to hear from his lips, with that voice.

I spontaneously put down the white cup on the corner table beside me, supporting my hands on the chair's side then jumping forward while lingering my arms around his neck and hugging him tight. He was rather surprised when I suddenly cling onto him, he thrown aback against my body weight, fortunately the wall was behind us, so he didn't get to hit the floor. I couldn't stand on my feet so the gravity was all on him. He grabbed my waist to maintain our balance then held my body closer until there was no more distance between us.

"I-I'm sorry!" I pulled away so abruptly and almost fell to the ground, but he caught my body so readily with his right arm behind my head, as accidentaly our gazes met. His onyx orbs were sparkling astonishingly, when I stared even deeper inside them. I could barely saw my reflection inside those eyes of him, even when my cheeks got heaten up, I managed to see them.

"It's alright."

My chest got tighten when I heard him saying those words. It was almost like the clock rotating counterwards, it was the same. Like how he soothed away my fear some times ago. I didn't remember how long it had been, and I bet also did him. He might, probably forget about everything, including how we had met, long ago before yesterday.

"Are you hurt?" He helped me to sit back onto my chair, while I was just sitting there in silence, didn't know what's right to say in the situation. "Maybe I should take you home now." He looked worried seeing me without words. But I really didn't want to go home just yet. I still wanted to stay there with him.

"Do you remember me?" I shouted without consideration, finally I was daring to ask. Even though I knew for sure he was going to say no. But I just couldn't hold back my intention to ask about this.

"Pardon?" His expression got bewildered aftermath, of course he hadn't remember anything. Yesterday was our first encounter, on his side. However it wasn't on me.

"Umm, had we met before?" He asked for confirmation again, but I didn't know how to respond properly for that question.

"Siwon-ssi, I have to tell you something." Otherwise I switched the current topic with something else quickly.

"Y-you are... Your life..." I paused for a moment before continuing my statement next.

"Next week, in the afternoon of tuesday. You are going... to die." 

We kept silent, before he finally spoke out after a while. "What? Are you terrorizing me just now?" He chuckled then gave a tense glare at me. "Excuse me Leeteuk-ssi, I may not remember you, but that doesn't mean you could tell that my doomsday is just a week left." He laughed then walked pass through me to the entrance door and slammed it open.

"Maybe you really should have leave." He stated then stepped behind my wheelchair and pushed it through the exit door.

"No! Please listen to me!" But before I could finish the sentence, he already slammed the door right on my face. I didn't thought that he was gonna be this mad. At least he should had listen until I explained everything. I had been waiting to talk alone with him all this time,  and in the end he wasn't even consider to hear what I was going to say.

Perhaps he was just going to conclude that I was a freak after all.

"Siwon-ssi." I took another chance to call him out, maybe the door would open for me once again. Or probably not even a chance. "Please, be careful for the upcoming week." I talked to the closed door in front of me, without any response from him but I was hoping he heard what I was saying right there.

"But you don't have to worry, I will definitely protect you!" I shouted loudly, still with no answer from inside. Then after been waiting for couple of minutes, I decided to left and went home. It was still raining although not as heavy as before. I turned the wheel fast as possible so my body won't get soaked anymore.

---

Once I had reached home, I realized neither Donghae nor Heechul had got back already. So just like usual, I went straight to my small comfy room and locked myself inside. Whilst in front of my desk, I pulled the first drawer ahead me and took a kind of large notebook with plain white cover. I turned the pages slowly, observing them one by another until I had reached that particular page I was looking for. There were some photographs sticking on the sheet, they seemed old and worn out. My fingers wandered over them and started to be shaky. Droplets of tear started to run through my cheeks as my index finger pointed on a set of number on the below corner of the page.

"2012... September 21st." I whispered the date then clutched that book tight onto my chest while sobbing my heart out. "Why can't I... Stay by your side forever?" I opened the book once again and fixed my stare on the beautiful face of the person in that photograph. "Choi Siwon-ssi... Please recognize me."

I dropped the book onto the desk and laid back, watching my empty ceiling silently, wandering my mind around. All I had to do was just waiting, for the moment to approach us.

----

sorry for the super late update! Hope there are still people who read this

please leave comments hehe since I rarely update nowadays I missed comments! Maybe next chapter will conclude the story, so please look forward ^__^

thanks for all readers and subscribers <3